Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
FindernRam

Public Health England

Recommended Posts

On 02/01/2019 at 18:15, Parsnip said:

Or you could argue that its the super rich pharmaceuticals, who own all the food companies who want to control us by keeping us addicted to salt and sugar, which keeps us nice and ill and fully under their control.

Maybe PHE are just trying to reduce the pressure on the NHS. Would we even need an NHS if we didn't eat sugar and salt?

You’re awake, well done son. Expect to get a knock on your door by men in Black if you dig any deeper.

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, David said:

502286A9-95A8-4425-8299-EBEFAA185DDF.jpeg

Nope. It's not tinfoil hat stuff. If you don't think the pharma/food companies would prioritise profit over health then i refer you back to the Nestle baby milk scandal.

In a nutshell Nestle gave away free formula milk new new mothers in poor African communities and discouraged breast feeding. The free formula milk was just enough for the poor mum's breast milk to dry up - then they would bleed her dry of every penny she had by selling her their product.

This was a business model. Thousands of dead babies were the collateral damage. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Nope. It's not tinfoil hat stuff. If you don't think the pharma/food companies would prioritise profit over health then i refer you back to the Nestle baby milk scandal.

In a nutshell Nestle gave away free formula milk new new mothers in poor African communities and discouraged breast feeding. The free formula milk was just enough for the poor mum's breast milk to dry up - then they would bleed her dry of every penny she had by selling her their product.

This was a business model. Thousands of dead babies were the collateral damage. 

I got a free can of Carling when I hit 18, the rest is history.

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Yeah same story here. Although i think i was 14.

Still drink it today knowing the damage it does to your body?

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, David said:

Still drink it today knowing the damage it does to your body?

Nope. Been on the wagon since the start of the year. Feeling good. Although its my 40th on Sunday so i may very well fall off it for the day.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Parsnip said:

Nope. Been on the wagon since the start of the year. Feeling good. Although its my 40th on Sunday so i may very well fall off it for the day.

You see that answer throws me right off where I was planning on taking you, damn your sobriety.

I can’t buy into your theory but I have one that’s close. 

Cancer Research alone raises £650m each year according to Google. They’ve been going since 2002, you don’t need a calculator to figure out that’s a shed load of money. 

Why are we not figuring it out, are we any closer to cracking it and can they tell us exactly where this money is going? 

Can anyone explain why pharmaceutical costs are so high, take the vets thread, why is it a few ear drops should cost £80? 

I think there’s a lot of big pockets out there being lined by people which may have a preference over expensive treatment plans over cures. Not the doctors and nurses who work damn hard to look after us the best they can, but those much much higher up that run the labs that do the research. 

Could the planet cope if we started curing everyone, at the rate we’re breeding Marketon Island would be chaos.

I don’t think the food companies are in on this, they are simply feeding our addictions whilst we’re here, cigarettes, alcohol, confectionary addictions which have their side effects but we’ve pretty much figured out now that everything kills you so why not just enjoy yourself within reason whilst we’re here.

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, David said:

damn your sobriety

3 days and counting... 😂

55 minutes ago, David said:

I don’t think the food companies are in on this

Check this graphic out...

brands.thumb.jpeg.df0bbdf32cb650c474d648b132b5f747.jpeg

These are the 10 food companies that basically own everything we eat and drink. They are mega rich. They make billions in profit. And to sustain that profit they invest heavily in everything from politics to pharmaceutical research.  

If you wonder why there are cakes and chocolate represented on the food pyramid you were shown at school, it's because the research used to make that pyramid was paid for by these companies. 

They're in it together and they're making billions. 

If you eat clean you probably won't get cancer or anything else. But that's no good to Big Pharma or Big Food's bottom lines.

There's no money in salad.

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, David said:

You see that answer throws me right off where I was planning on taking you, damn your sobriety.

I can’t buy into your theory but I have one that’s close. 

Cancer Research alone raises £650m each year according to Google. They’ve been going since 2002, you don’t need a calculator to figure out that’s a shed load of money. 

Why are we not figuring it out, are we any closer to cracking it and can they tell us exactly where this money is going? 

Can anyone explain why pharmaceutical costs are so high, take the vets thread, why is it a few ear drops should cost £80? 

I think there’s a lot of big pockets out there being lined by people which may have a preference over expensive treatment plans over cures. Not the doctors and nurses who work damn hard to look after us the best they can, but those much much higher up that run the labs that do the research. 

Could the planet cope if we started curing everyone, at the rate we’re breeding Marketon Island would be chaos.

I don’t think the food companies are in on this, they are simply feeding our addictions whilst we’re here, cigarettes, alcohol, confectionary addictions which have their side effects but we’ve pretty much figured out now that everything kills you so why not just enjoy yourself within reason whilst we’re here.

I asked a question to do with my blood cancer at a forum and got shot down. I take a medication which keeps it under control but i said i was cynical and thought thats what the drug company wanted, keep it under control at a cost of 40k a year or give you a pill to cure it. Which do they genuinely want? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I asked a question to do with my blood cancer at a forum and got shot down. I take a medication which keeps it under control but i said i was cynical and thought thats what the drug company wanted, keep it under control at a cost of 40k a year or give you a pill to cure it. Which do they genuinely want? 

 

You’re right to ask questions, I would have done the same thing. Never be afraid to ask questions. In their eyes by asking questions means you’re going against the system. Don’t want to turn this into a conspiracy thread but we can go to the moon, send technology to other planets and create atomic weapons but not a cure for these illnesses and diseases? Yeah right. Unfortunately money is the way of the world, many of the rich would rather see people die than help out I.e like the building of the football stadiums in Qatar and the slave labour leading to the eventual deaths of the workers. It disgusts me.

P.s I’m sorry to hear about your blood cancer, I hope your recovery is going well

Edited by McLovin

Share this post


Link to post

Impossible to cure cancer for a couple of reasons. it is contolled by genetic switches.

when you are nowt but a ball of cells the switches are ON to create a massive profileration of basic cells which will later become specialized by turning on other genetic switches. This is how a large multi-cellular animal is created. Therefore the mechanism has to exist, but is switched OFF after the relevant process has completed.

in cancer, the relevant switches are accidentally turned back ON by mutation, the influence of a virus, or something called methylation, which basically enables or disables gene function.

We will eventually crack the mysteries of the genetic code, but how you prevent DNA in every cell in your body from going 'rogue' is another problem entirely.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Impossible to cure cancer for a couple of reasons. it is contolled by genetic switches.

when you are nowt but a ball of cells the switches are ON to create a massive profileration of basic cells which will later become specialized by turning on other genetic switches. This is how a large multi-cellular animal is created. Therefore the mechanism has to exist, but is switched OFF after the relevant process has completed.

in cancer, the relevant switches are accidentally turned back ON by mutation, the influence of a virus, or something called methylation, which basically enables or disables gene function.

We will eventually crack the mysteries of the genetic code, but how you prevent DNA in every cell in your body from going 'rogue' is another problem entirely.

That's what I was thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

3 days and counting... 😂

Check this graphic out...

brands.thumb.jpeg.df0bbdf32cb650c474d648b132b5f747.jpeg

These are the 10 food companies that basically own everything we eat and drink. They are mega rich. They make billions in profit. And to sustain that profit they invest heavily in everything from politics to pharmaceutical research.  

If you wonder why there are cakes and chocolate represented on the food pyramid you were shown at school, it's because the research used to make that pyramid was paid for by these companies. 

They're in it together and they're making billions. 

If you eat clean you probably won't get cancer or anything else. But that's no good to Big Pharma or Big Food's bottom lines.

There's no money in salad.

Ballcocks probably.

My mother in law never put a single carcinogen in her body her whole life, no booze, never smoked, everything cooked fresh with no ready meals ever, breast cancer appeared as soon as she retired, and metamorphosed into lung and brain cancer after a decade long struggle to keep it at bay.

My own mother mind has smoked and drank her entire life, big fan of bacon and all processed meat, and has recently celebrated her 83rd birthday with a seemingly never ending piss up around the British Isles and Ireland.

So far genetically I've picked up a blood clotting disorder, a bipedal vein system, a fierce temper and a tiny penis.

I'm not holding out much hope that longevity will have made it onto the list, but you never know!

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.