Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
FindernRam

Public Health England

Recommended Posts

Was there ever a more miserable bunch than PHE and all the other public bodies that pretend they have our best interests at heart. It was fat then sugar, now calories. Alcohol taxes, sugary drink taxes, now a pudding tax. Some misery guts saying she can't pick up a glass of red wine without thinking of the harm it does to her. 

Why don't they stop pretending-what they really want to do is control us like some big brother  state. Next they will give us ration cards so we all eat (in their eyes) healthily.

I'm off for a Digestive Sandwich, slathered in butter, and then dunked in Scotch. That'll tell them.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Why don't they stop pretending-what they really want to do is control us

Or you could argue that its the super rich pharmaceuticals, who own all the food companies who want to control us by keeping us addicted to salt and sugar, which keeps us nice and ill and fully under their control.

Maybe PHE are just trying to reduce the pressure on the NHS. Would we even need an NHS if we didn't eat sugar and salt?

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Or you could argue that its the super rich pharmaceuticals, who own all the food companies who want to control us by keeping us addicted to salt and sugar, which keeps us nice and ill and fully under their control.

Maybe PHE are just trying to reduce the pressure on the NHS. Would we even need an NHS if we didn't eat sugar and salt?

Nowt wrong with salt, imagine walking into a chippy and only asking for vinegar? 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Or you could argue that its the super rich pharmaceuticals, who own all the food companies who want to control us by keeping us addicted to salt and sugar, which keeps us nice and ill and fully under their control.

Maybe PHE are just trying to reduce the pressure on the NHS. Would we even need an NHS if we didn't eat sugar and salt?

Ever seen a thin person drinking sugar free Diet Coke ? 

Yes we eat too much sugar and salt, but I can’t help feeling it’s got just as much to do with additives as sugar. 

One thing for sure. Good Simple food is cheap, we need to take some personal responsibility instead of blaming someone else or making more rules 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, David said:

Nowt wrong with salt, imagine walking into a chippy and only asking for vinegar? 

Or saying i'll have a donner and chips with everything but no salt please and can you add a bit of lettuce cause im on a detox.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, David said:

Nowt wrong with salt, imagine walking into a chippy and only asking for vinegar? 

Imagine if you'd never had salt?

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, jono said:

Ever seen a thin person drinking sugar free Diet Coke ? 

Yes we eat too much sugar and salt, but I can’t help feeling it’s got just as much to do with additives as sugar. 

One thing for sure. Good Simple food is cheap, we need to take some personal responsibility instead of blaming someone else or making more rules 

Ah personal responsibility.

Yep i agree. We all know whats good and not good for us, taxing me wont stop me having a treat if i want one, trying to be healthy is what will stop me.

Crazy rules like no sweets at checkouts get me. Its like saying its the shops fault my screaming spoilt kid won't shut up unless i shovel chocolate down them.

Eat less and more healthy,  exercise more that will solve more health issues than extra taxes. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Must admit i can happily eat food without extra salt.

Except chips. Chips need salt, everything else, I’m happy leaving the salt out. Like a bit of pepper though. Is that unhealthy?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Was there ever a more miserable bunch than PHE and all the other public bodies that pretend they have our best interests at heart. It was fat then sugar, now calories. Alcohol taxes, sugary drink taxes, now a pudding tax. Some misery guts saying she can't pick up a glass of red wine without thinking of the harm it does to her. 

Why don't they stop pretending-what they really want to do is control us like some big brother  state. Next they will give us ration cards so we all eat (in their eyes) healthily.

I'm off for a Digestive Sandwich, slathered in butter, and then dunked in Scotch. That'll tell them.

Fair comment, can't you see though that people not taking personal responsibility for their own diet and health are placing an extra burden on the National Health Service which is already totally underfunded? Do you think it's right that a person who drinks a bottle of scotch a day should then have a liver transplant on the taxpayer or someone who eats junk food all day be given a gastric band operation for free?

Have picked out 2 gross non specific generalisations there as am sure there are specific cases which are exceptions.

Edited by Inglorius

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.