If/when the big clubs have to trim their loanee list...

Ovine_Interferer

Just a thought.

If the likes of Chelski and Liverpool (to name but two) are forced to trim the number of loan players down, as is rumoured, then how would clubs like ours stand to gain from it?

Let's assume that a club can have a 40 man (am I allowed to use that dreaded word these days?) squad in total, but has 50 players on book with 20 of them out on loan. They have to lose 10 players...but how do they do that if they're on contract?  Can they offload them to their loan club?

Answers on a pinhead please

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it will happen but if it does you will get clubs linking up. So (eg) Derby are a subsidiary to Chelsea. The players are ours but Chelsea have first call on transfers. If we end up in the same division then we "buy" into a championship club, an so on down the line. Avoids loans and third party ownership that way.

I think you'd find that they'd 'sell' us a young player with first refusal clause to buy him back at a certain price within a certain period. 

There are always ways to get round the rules, if you're clever enough. 

7 hours ago, Ovine_Interferer said:

Just a thought.

If the likes of Chelski and Liverpool (to name but two) are forced to trim the number of loan players down, as is rumoured, then how would clubs like ours stand to gain from it?

Let's assume that a club can have a 40 man (am I allowed to use that dreaded word these days?) squad in total, but has 50 players on book with 20 of them out on loan. They have to lose 10 players...but how do they do that if they're on contract?  Can they offload them to their loan club?

Answers on a pinhead please

Is this a strong rumour  about clubs having to trim their squads down or having a certain amount on loan?

Archived