Vs Southampton home (Matchday thread).

Rev

11 hours ago, BobbyD said:

Like one of the previous posters has pointed out 

any view not approved by the website mafia ( tops 20 people ?) seems unacceptable 

modern day parlance calls it bullying - and modern day parlance is quite right 

old lady mafia.jpg

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, BobbyD said:

Like one of the previous posters has pointed out 

any view not approved by the website mafia ( tops 20 people ?) seems unacceptable 

modern day parlance calls it bullying - and modern day parlance is quite right 

That was a totally different thread and related to the 'Keogh - Always Got a Mistake in Him' thread, or the latest of its 50+++ iterations on this forum. If you'd seen some of the bile launched at him over the last 6 years (especially on Twatter) you might take a different view on that too.

As was stated there, it's just opinions and this is a football forum. If you wish to take offence at @Carnero's comment and infer it's bullying, then so be it. Not much anyone else can do really! I'd counter that If there was any real evidence of bullying on the forum, the forum mods would deal with it pretty damn quickly. It's a shame that folk play the victim card so swiftly but I guess it's not just the game that has changed these days, but the fans too. Seems to me that we were far less easily offended back in the day but perhaps I just imagined that too? 

Back on thread, the match will be heavily subsidised (at least in comparison to league games) so the argument that it’s the club that sets the attendance doesn't really stack up. People will vote with their feet and in doing so, will clearly illustrate a diminishing popular interest in the FA Cup - that's the point being made. It's a shame really but there's very little the club can do to turn the clock back. After all, if half price tickets won't elicit heightened interest, not much will.

Note to @BurtonRam7 – hope you appreciate the  pre-formatting in Word then copy / paste mate, all for your benefit I might add. The lengths I go to to to avoid being picked on, huh! ?

It will be interesting to see how we set up for this. I think Saints fans are all for playing a second string and keeping their first team fresh, with the manager hinting something similar. I think we could possibly follow suit and keep our key players fresh. We have plenty of options who could use a game anyway. Lowe is likely to get a start - he had an outstanding game against them in pre-season. 

15 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I don't think anyone has said it's unacceptable, how cheap do you actually want it though?

Alfreton's £14 for the cheapest league game, Matlock.. Sheff Club, Buxton all £10+ in comparison. 

Is £17.50 really that bad to watch Championship standard players? 

Villa have advertised £10 a ticket for their game against Swansea, my mates says it will fill Villa park to 38000.

Maybe dropping ours to a tenner will do the same?

53 minutes ago, toddy said:

Villa have advertised £10 a ticket for their game against Swansea, my mates says it will fill Villa park to 38000.

Why would we want to fill Villa Park?

No, seriously though... Villa only have the one competition to realistically challenge for, where as we are blazing towards promotion!  Aha!

No, seriously though... Fe*k 'em!  

59 minutes ago, toddy said:

Maybe but I doubt a few quid less will entice the extra 20k fans probably required to fill PP. 

It would be nice of the club, or Mel even, to drop the prices but they are value for money anyway. It might be alright for Villa to do this whilst they're still sucking in parachute payments. 

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

It will be interesting to see how we set up for this. I think Saints fans are all for playing a second string and keeping their first team fresh, with the manager hinting something similar. I think we could possibly follow suit and keep our key players fresh. We have plenty of options who could use a game anyway. Lowe is likely to get a start - he had an outstanding game against them in pre-season. 

I cant be bothered to look it up but I seem to recall that every time we "keep our first team fresh" we later on don't turn up fresh at all. Play our best side and get on with it!

I predict: Carson; Bogle, Keogh, Tomori, Wisdom; Evans, Bryson, Bird; Waghorn, Holmes, Nugent

Wilson and Marriott need the rest after taking knocks against Boro. Mount could probably do with a rest too. After impressing at LB, Wisdom deserves to remain in the team and it's best if we don't move him back to the right. The front six will be fairly fresh and need a few minutes to build up match fitness.

Archived