Little Duane

Big Trav

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought he was brilliant today, really impressed me. I remember when we signed him and I thought 'never heard of him, we have enough wingers, whats the point' but he's really impressed me and I want to see more of him.

Hopefully he starts the next game where he was today on the left. We really lack a winger who's first thought when he gets the ball is to run at the fullback and he showed today he can do that very well.

Hes got to be pushing for a start now.

Seems the coaching team are taking their time to get players right before bringing them in. Lets not forget, Suderland scouted him (it's in Sunderland til i die on netflix) and didn't think much and we didn't pay a lot from a lower league side so even though he's clearly got something training him to be what the team needs - overall, he's a skillful wee player who I'm quietly thingking could become a very good option for us as an attacking midfielder or wide player.

10 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Anyone else think this guy impressed each time he puts the shirt on? Defiantly needs starting. Controlled the game at times against borough through his pace and running but also killer balls? Anyone else agree? 

Couldn't agree more. See my post in the Jozefzoon thread.

I like him. Plays like he has a point to prove. Weird he was released by Huddersfield & they never really fancied him. I like that he went scunthorpe & got his head down to get a move & looks like he still has a point to prove. 

He’s got something different about him   

39 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

Thought he was brilliant today, really impressed me. I remember when we signed him and I thought 'never heard of him, we have enough wingers, whats the point' but he's really impressed me and I want to see more of him.

Hopefully he starts the next game where he was today on the left. We really lack a winger who's first thought when he gets the ball is to run at the fullback and he showed today he can do that very well.

I prefer him in the middle just like Wilson both a little lightweight but more involved when they play in the middle,a good little player and we own him a really good signing and he deserves a run in the team??

Been really impressed with Duane. Definitely signed with a view to the future. He was the stand out player today when on, lighting up the pitch alongside players who have cost millions (mainly boro players). Not bad considering we paid what was it? £350k rising to £700k?!

Deserves a starting place, who he comes in for is a difficult one, especially when everyone is fit again.

30 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

I prefer him in the middle just like Wilson both a little lightweight but more involved when they play in the middle,a good little player and we own him a really good signing and he deserves a run in the team??

I think we need to have a much better balance in midfield, because we are too lightweight. Holmes is an attacking option and with our set up suits the left-wing position occupied by Zoon at the moment.

27 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He looked really good.

There was one point where he received the ball in a defensive mid position and ran through midfield and played a through ball to one of our strikers.

It was like Will Hughes had transformed into Bruno Mars.

Will Hughes into Bruno Mars 

literally made me laugh out loud and my mrs look at me like u daft prat lol 

comment of the day lol

Been impressed with hin every time he has played, Frank seems to be easing him in gently but back end of this season he could shine

I do think he should have come on for Wilson and played in the middle like he did vs Norwich, thought the Hudd sub was too negative

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Been impressed with hin every time he has played, Frank seems to be easing him in gently but back end of this season he could shine

I do think he should have come on for Wilson and played in the middle like he did vs Norwich, thought the Hudd sub was too negative

I agree 

whilst im one of the Tombots biggest fans, I was a bit confused why he came on when he has a straight swap in Holmes without changing much.

1 hour ago, derbydaz22 said:

Yeah I thought the same but the Villa game really put me off the idea of him the center, we were far too lightweight in the middle of the park against them.

Either way, if he plays with the desire that he's shown in other games off the bench and in particular today, he'll become a fan favourite very quickly. Deserves a start in either the cup or against Leeds for me.

Archived