Watchable telly

dog

On 29/09/2021 at 04:18, TimRam said:

Squid Game (netflix)- Finished and worth watching. Plays out like a big 'Black Mirror' episode.

We watched It the other day abs I have to say I found It thoroughly depressing… only watched the 1st two  episodes and couldn’t take any more. 

now I am watching season 4 of Paul and Bob fishing, I know I have said It before but ironically It is the most heart warming show ever. 

Watched the new series of Manhunter this week after really enjoying the first a week or so ago.

It's even better than the first and sad it will presumably be the last as it was based on true events.

Martin Clunes was ridiculously good. I put off watching the first one because he was in it and I can't not think of him in Men Behaving Badly (which was brilliant tbf), but he was outstanding.

Fantastic script, perfectly paced, brilliant acting and if you didn't know the stories, utterly edge of your seat stuff.

I'm giving it a movie vote of Colin Todd/10

May check out The Undoing with Nicole Kidman before diving into watching the last 32 seasons of Bosch, anybody seen it?

24 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

It got silly in the last couple of seasons, but I loved Line of Duty overall.

Silly! It just got plain barmpot mad - the general premise was good but the fact it became apparent they had made no effort at all to think how to resolve it all showed just how poor the writing team actually are. It's a real good measure for me, whether or not the end is anything more than 'don't know how to get out of this'

40 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Silly! It just got plain barmpot mad - the general premise was good but the fact it became apparent they had made no effort at all to think how to resolve it all showed just how poor the writing team actually are. It's a real good measure for me, whether or not the end is anything more than 'don't know how to get out of this'

If you want utterly preposterous, I give you Money Heist,  but millions love it.

They will have out a lot of effort in but it's like a monkey trying to pull a  fist gripping a nut out of a tree, there is no way out.

Anything that ends poorly leaves a sour taste rather than vice versa, but I think the early series of Line of Duty were excellent so I had no reason to think Vigil would be the steaming pile of poo it was.

2 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Watched the new series of Manhunter this week after really enjoying the first a week or so ago.

It's even better than the first and sad it will presumably be the last as it was based on true events.

Martin Clunes was ridiculously good. I put off watching the first one because he was in it and I can't not think of him in Men Behaving Badly (which was brilliant tbf), but he was outstanding.

Fantastic script, perfectly paced, brilliant acting and if you didn't know the stories, utterly edge of your seat stuff.

I'm giving it a movie vote of Colin Todd/10

May check out The Undoing with Nicole Kidman before diving into watching the last 32 seasons of Bosch, anybody seen it?

Yeah, I watched it. 

A bit corny in places but overall my wife and I enjoyed it. Hugh Grant is often underrated as an actor but he has developed over time. 
Definitely worth a watch.

6 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Yeah, I watched it. 

A bit corny in places but overall my wife and I enjoyed it. Hugh Grant is often underrated as an actor but he has developed over time. 
Definitely worth a watch.

Totally agree about High Grant, I thought he was fabulous in The Gentlemen. I never imagined him pulling a gay gangster off.....if you know what I mean.

Finished bingeing Squid Game a few days ago and really enjoyed it. Then without realising it I’ve almost finished a show that plays on a lot of the same themes regarding the haves and the have nots.  It’s called Maid and it’s outstanding. Highly recommended 

2 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Watched two episodes of Squid Game and gave up.

Acting is comically bad and the premise is stupid.

Why would I care if some degenerate gamblers get killed playing a game where they gamble their lives?

I don't think the acting is bad, rather particularly Korean in style, almost slapstick. It's very common in Korean cinema and TV and not for everyone, I concede. Even the multi-award winning Parasite clearly panders to its home audience. FWIW, I thought Squid Game was OTT too. 

Check out I Saw The Devil, Oldboy (original 2003 version) and A Bittersweet Life though if you're inclined, for a change of style and pace. 

4 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I don't think the acting is bad, rather particularly Korean in style, almost slapstick. It's very common in Korean cinema and TV and not for everyone, I concede. Even the multi-award winning Parasite clearly panders to its home audience. FWIW, I thought Squid Game was OTT too. 

Check out I Saw The Devil, Oldboy (original 2003 version) and A Bittersweet Life though if you're inclined, for a change of style and pace. 

That's probably a very good observation and a better way of putting it than I did. It's definitely the style that I wasn't keen on. Probably due to never seeing anything Korean before I didn't really think it would have it's own style and just judged it as bad "Western" acting.

17 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

That's probably a very good observation and a better way of putting it than I did. It's definitely the style that I wasn't keen on. Probably due to never seeing anything Korean before I didn't really think it would have it's own style and just judged it as bad "Western" acting.

Do check out one of the movies suggested, if you have time. I saw The Devil and Oldboy in particular are more than worth a watch. I'd be interested to hear what you make of them. 

On 10/10/2021 at 12:16, 86 Hair Islands said:

Just finished Ted Lasso, season 2. Not quite the joyous feast that was season 1, but perhaps that's by design.

For a show that's so intent on appearing fluffy, it can't half tug your heartstrings. 

8.5/10

Agreed, not as good as the first season, but still sensationally good....its just the first one was that good it was almost impossible to follow up.... the old saying "you get a lifetime to write your first album and 18 months to do the second"

Nick Mohammed is amazing in season 2.

10 hours ago, Eddie said:

"Unbelievable" (8 episodes)

A dramatisation of a series of rapes, and the investigation which followed, which took place between 2008 and 2011 in Washington and Colorado.

One of the best series I have ever seen on Netflix.

I recommended this few years back as soon as it dropped. Absolutely riveting and shocking to watch. I got emotionally involved it was so good.