Watchable telly

dog

8 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I lasted 2 episodes. Garbage.

Gave up on that midway though season 3. Liked the first two though.

Too visceral for me right now, but some pals of mine said it's excellent. 

For me/us it went from a 6 on season 1, to a steady seven on 2 and 3, to an 8 or 8.5 on 4, and the first two on season 5 get a 9

There's some brilliant script writing and attention to detail. I love that things happen for no reason as they would in real life.

And I like the way they never explain the acronyms they use. I always have my phone to hand and last night was having to look what CAPS is because I'd never heard of it.

Possibly a few too many coincidences and Bosch seeing stuff at crime scenes he'd never normally see, but overall I'm very impressed. 

Titus Welliver really nails his part.

Watched perhaps 10mins of 'Nine Perfect Strangers '. 

Dialogue and whole feel of it was really forced and hammy. Big names in it but started so badly I couldn't watch it.

Returned to complete series one of 'The Boys' which is different and eye-catching without being gripping. 

Currently watching the first few episodes of 'Bulletproof' on Sky On Demand, seeing as S.W.A.T. doesn't seem to be available this evening.

Actually not too bad. Noel Clarke as a copper seems to be exactly the same as Noel Clarke as Rose's boyfriend Mickey in Doctor Who.

8 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Watched perhaps 10mins of 'Nine Perfect Strangers '. 

Dialogue and whole feel of it was really forced and hammy. Big names in it but started so badly I couldn't watch it.

Returned to complete series one of 'The Boys' which is different and eye-catching without being gripping. 

Yes I have enjoyed the books of Liane Moriarty and they have transferred to the screen pretty well up til now with Nicole Kidman and Reece Witherspoon often prominent.

Despite a pretty impressive cast this feels more like Lost. Mystical, confused nonsense. 

Still watching it mind to see how they botch up the ending.

5 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

There'll doubtless be plenty anti the Premier League, but I'm enjoying the Fever Pitch documentary on the BBC. Don't they all look so young!?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09mqv7k

Great nostalgia. Les Ferdinand comes across really well, and there's a great interview on BBC sounds with Colin Murray and Keith Gillespie regarding his career. 

For me, it was the most watchable era of English football.

The game was a hybrid of the old route one and the current 20 passes before it reaches the halfway line. 

Also, you had heard of the majority of foreign signings, nowadays its quantity over quality as some bloke turns up from the French 2nd division. 

Watched the first episode of Alma's Not Normal on iPlayer after hearing and reading rave reviews and it winning a BAFTA on the back of the pilot alone.

Really good, reminds me a lot of Fleabag although not quite at that level just yet, but there's time.

Edited by Bob The Badger
Link didn't work

9 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Just started season 3 of Paul and Bob go fishing…. It is just so so so good. I can’t wait to retire and hang out with my loved ones like these 2 are doing. 
such a heart warming tv show. 

Agree, it's great, such a calming, heart warming show and so different from most other stuff I'm watching at the moment.  The camaraderie between the two of them is there for all to see.  As an ex-match fisherman, it cracks me up each week watching Bob's fishing technique, or lack of it and Paul's reaction "Bob!  BOB!! You've got a bite! Bob, stop winding! Let some line out.  No! Not like that, what are you doing?!".  Brilliant, innocent, TV. 

12 hours ago, Eddie said:

Currently watching the first few episodes of 'Bulletproof' on Sky On Demand, seeing as S.W.A.T. doesn't seem to be available this evening.

Actually not too bad. Noel Clarke as a copper seems to be exactly the same as Noel Clarke as Rose's boyfriend Mickey in Doctor Who.

Really enjoyed the whole series of Bulletproof including the South Africa special, but sadly it's now been binned off by Sky following Noel Clarke's alleged "misdemeanours".   Shame as it was good, shame too for all the other actors as another season was in the pipeline. 

17 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Agree, it's great, such a calming, heart warming show and so different from most other stuff I'm watching at the moment.  The camaraderie between the two of them is there for all to see.  As an ex-match fisherman, it cracks me up each week watching Bob's fishing technique, or lack of it and Paul's reaction "Bob!  BOB!! You've got a bite! Bob, stop winding! Let some line out.  No! Not like that, what are you doing?!".  Brilliant, innocent, TV. 

I have recently taken up fishing….and I mean Barry taken It up, I go out on the boat fishing for mackerel (which is the easiest thing in the world to catch by all accounts) anyway….every time I get one I turn into a cross between Bob and Paul, shouting “I’m in” and jumping around. 

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I have recently taken up fishing….and I mean Barry taken It up, I go out on the boat fishing for mackerel (which is the easiest thing in the world to catch by all accounts) anyway….every time I get one I turn into a cross between Bob and Paul, shouting “I’m in” and jumping around. 

I once went mackerel fishing in Scotland. The stupid duckers were almost hurling themselves into the boat. It was years ago and I cannot remember how long we were out, but I know I caught close on 30.

Which is close on 30 more than I ever caught fishing for trout on the Derwent near Matlock.

So my conclusion is mackerel are thick, trout not so much. 

2 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I once went mackerel fishing in Scotland. The stupid duckers were almost hurling themselves into the boat. It was years ago and I cannot remember how long we were out, but I know I caught close on 30.

Which is close on 30 more than I ever caught fishing for trout on the Derwent near Matlock.

So my conclusion is mackerel are thick, trout not so much. 

Yeah they are supposed to be really stupid, had 3 on the same hook this weekend. 

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

Ha!  I get that.  All my fishing was on inland water, including carping.  I have many such memories, hooking a double figure carp on a little 8ft spinning rod, using floating bread on 4lb line being one.  I was very excited.  Hilariously, I then went gudgeon bashing in the afternoon on a canal (very light tackle).  First bite, I struck like I had been in the morning against big carp, only to see a gudgeon come flying out the water, over my head, and into the hedge behind me.  Have to say my mates and I were crying with laughter.  Very much a Bob moment. Good luck with your new hobby.  

5 hours ago, BucksRam said:

I rècord each programme and delay watching them for as long as possible because I know, once I've seen them that's it, whereas when they're still to view they're there to look forward to. 

Not sure if that makes sense.

Think this is the final series - I really hope it isn't   ?

40 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I rècord each programme and delay watching them for as long as possible because I know, once I've seen them that's it, whereas when they're still to view they're there to look forward to. 

Not sure if that makes sense.

Think this is the final series - I really hope it isn't   ?

It absolutely makes sense.  Watched one last night only to be disappointed there wasn't another to watch. There does seem to have been an increased following this time around - hopefully that'll prompt a change of heart and they'll make another series. Watching it is like my little comfy safe place. Call me sad. 

1 hour ago, TimRam said:

Finished 2nd episode of the Squid Game series on Netflix. It's similar to a Black Mirror episode which is no bad thing. Will report back once watch all episodes.

Watched the first one of that last night.  I thought the same.  Will watch part 2 tonight.