Watchable telly

dog

10 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Finished Clickbait yesterday on Netflix.

I really liked it and couldn't stop watching. About a guy that gets abducted and his family try and find out who is behind it.

7.5/10

I binged this on Saturday and Sunday too. I guessed one of the supposed twists, when one of the message came through. No spoilers.

I give it a Branko Strupar/10

54 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Up to date on Money Heist. 5 seasons and another final set of episodes is planned for release in December. Good stuff. Decent acting and some fine action sequences.

Been pretty good so far, has definitely gone downhill since the first 2 seasons but still a good watch. 

Mortimer & Whitehouse : Gone Fishing - a guilty pleasure! Stop reeling, stop reeling Bob! 

Orange is the new Black - finally finished, phew.  7 seasons of fun, frolics, disbelief and shock. Been a long ride. (Netflix)

Sense 8 - Sci Fi created by the Wachowskis.  8 people around the world share a "connection". It's been out for ages now but having finally got round to watching it, really enjoying this, only 2 episodes to go (Netflix)

Into The Night - Belgian "end of the world drama".  Actually OK if you choose dubbed. Silly? Yes.  Plot holes? Yep. Still enjoyable? I thought so - about to start Season 2 (Netflix)

25 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Mortimer & Whitehouse : Gone Fishing - a guilty pleasure! Stop reeling, stop reeling Bob! 

Orange is the new Black - finally finished, phew.  7 seasons of fun, frolics, disbelief and shock. Been a long ride. (Netflix)

Sense 8 - Sci Fi created by the Wachowskis.  8 people around the world share a "connection". It's been out for ages now but having finally got round to watching it, really enjoying this, only 2 episodes to go (Netflix)

Into The Night - Belgian "end of the world drama".  Actually OK if you choose dubbed. Silly? Yes.  Plot holes? Yep. Still enjoyable? I thought so - about to start Season 2 (Netflix)

Don't wind Bob. BOB - DON'T WIND!!!

On 05/09/2021 at 16:43, Anag Ram said:

Loving People Just Do Nothing on Netflix. 

Comedy about deadbeats who run a pirate radio station. You'll love the characters and the observational comedy. 

Done in the style of a fly on the wall documentary. Silly but great fun. 

It’s genius…when you have finished It watch the “making” of It too that is brilliant too. 

I know we are very late to this game but started to watch killing eve this week…it’s excellent.! 

This week a fully civilian crew go called Inspiration4 launch into orbit in a SpaceX Dragon capsule for a few days (not the few minutes of the Branson or Bezos flights) in which they will travel significantly further away than the International Space Station. Other than the Space Shuttle crews that repaired the Hubble Space Telescope, I suspect they're going further from Earth than any Humans since Apollo. 

There's a Netflix series about it called Countdown: Inspiration 4 Mission to Space which has been well worth a watch so far. Here's the trailer:

I'm one of the few people who thought Money Heist was utter garbage (although to be fair I only watched about the first 8 episodes).

Preposterous script with more plot holes and ridiculous scriptwriting than an episode of Scooby Doo and acting that would get you kicked out of drama school and given a damn good thrashing to boot.

Anyway, we finished the 4th season of the excellent Bosch this week and thought for a change before moving on we'd check out Turning Point.

Yikes!

It's a typically well made Netflix documentary about 9/11 but not for the feint-hearted.

The wife did NOT like it, she found the film footage and some of the interviews and live audio from air traffic control to the hijacked planes really harrowing.

The calmness of the pilots, air flight attendants and air traffic control was remarkable.

There was even a voice mail from a woman asking her son to pick up the phone because she wanted to say goodbye after her plane had been hijacked.

I'd forgotten that a bunch of people on the planes after the first one hit knew what was happening after getting calls from family and friends.

It's tough to say you're enjoying something like this, but it is fascinating and I've got a much better understanding of what was going on now.

For anybody too young to remember it, it's worth watching. Well the first 2 episodes are, I haven't got any further than that yet.

4 hours ago, Spanish said:

it's not a tug of war, now look what you've done. I'm not speaking to you now?

Reminds me of the last time I took my son conger fishing (about 30 years ago).

"Dad, it's gone heavy."

Dad wasn't going to help - but after 20 minutes with my lad almost in tears, dad had to help. Another 20 minutes and dad was almost in tears too, but finally a 32 pound conger was landed, photographed and returned.

Son claimed it.

2 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I'm one of the few people who thought Money Heist was utter garbage (although to be fair I only watched about the first 8 episodes).

Preposterous script with more plot holes and ridiculous scriptwriting than an episode of Scooby Doo and acting that would get you kicked out of drama school and given a damn good thrashing to boot.

Anyway, we finished the 4th season of the excellent Bosch this week and thought for a change before moving on we'd check out Turning Point.

Yikes!

It's a typically well made Netflix documentary about 9/11 but not for the feint-hearted.

The wife did NOT like it, she found the film footage and some of the interviews and live audio from air traffic control to the hijacked planes really harrowing.

The calmness of the pilots, air flight attendants and air traffic control was remarkable.

There was even a voice mail from a woman asking her son to pick up the phone because she wanted to say goodbye after her plane had been hijacked.

I'd forgotten that a bunch of people on the planes after the first one hit knew what was happening after getting calls from family and friends.

It's tough to say you're enjoying something like this, but it is fascinating and I've got a much better understanding of what was going on now.

For anybody too young to remember it, it's worth watching. Well the first 2 episodes are, I haven't got any further than that yet.

It’s weird that. I watched some really harrowing documentaries. They were brilliant but not “entertainment” in that you’ll recommend them and say “ooh watch this… you’ll love it”. 

I found the documentary on Amy Winehouse truly heartbreaking but an amazing watch. Same with a documentary series on Netflix about The Vietnam War. 18hours worth of brutal eye opening stuff. Documentary on the Nazi killing squads Einzatzgruppen or similar. Amazing but tough. 

3 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

In the end, the first heist (seasons 1 & 2) was quite nicely finished out. Should have left it there, as we made a start on season 3, where they decide to do yet another heist (despite now being billionaires) - and it's laughably bad

11 hours ago, TimRam said:

Up to date on Money Heist. 5 seasons and another final set of episodes is planned for release in December. Good stuff. Decent acting and some fine action sequences.

I thought that seasons 1 and 2 were excellent. I couldn't understand why they would do the next "job" but watched it anyway. Season 3 I thought was poor, but 4 and then 5 have got even worse.  Who on earth (spoiler alert) are the soldiers who appear to be castoffs from some Marvel film. Just an excuse to fire thousands of bullets and make lots of explosions unfortunately.

18 hours ago, Eddie said:

Reminds me of the last time I took my son conger fishing (about 30 years ago).

"Dad, it's gone heavy."

Dad wasn't going to help - but after 20 minutes with my lad almost in tears, dad had to help. Another 20 minutes and dad was almost in tears too, but finally a 32 pound conger was landed, photographed and returned.

Son claimed it.

Did you all stand behind each other and dance around it kicking your legs out in synchronicity to celebrate and mock the slippy sucker before returning it from whence it came?

I would have.

Untold....crime and penalties.........its the story of the Danbury Trashers, a minor league ice hockey team brought by a bloke with "mob" connections for his 17yr old son to run, it's on Netflix, and is absolutely brilliant, I've watched it 4 times now and it makes me laugh every time, funny, dark, and well worth the watch

On 14/09/2021 at 16:26, Bob The Badger said:

I lasted 2 episodes. Garbage.

Anyway, we finished the 4th season of the excellent Bosch this week

Gave up on that midway though season 3. Liked the first two though.

Turning Point - It's a typically well made Netflix documentary about 9/11 but not for the feint-hearted.

Too visceral for me right now, but some pals of mine said it's excellent. 

Edited by 86 Hair Islands