Atmosphere

Waffle

1 hour ago, Sowter said:

My issue isn’t with the atmosphere as such, I thought it was ok last night. 

My issue is droves of ‘fans’ leaving on 80 minutes. The south stand seems to empty during this point. What happened to supporting your team until the bitter end?! 

10 minutes is ample time to win any game, no matter how the team have performed up until this point. We should take a leaf out of Birmingham’s main song... ‘Keep right on til the end of the road!’

last night was the worst example of this ive seen.

i normally fume about it too,as its my opinion that you stay to the bitter end and support your team.

last night though i understood it and had empathy with those who did.

it was shockingly dull and we could be there until next weekend and still not see us score.

on the point of the atmosphere,the south stand made a massive effort just to have that served up to them and have their efforts mocked by the 30 milwall fans who could be arsed to turn up.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01/01/2019 at 06:02, ramit said:

Damn you beat me to it.

That's appropriate not just for the title but for the feel. I

I'm pretty sure Derby played to this exact tempo last night.

Interesting fact (to nobody but me), I saw Joy Division support The Buzzcocks at the Top Rank in Sheffield a few months before Curtis topped himself. And now Shelley is dead too ?

The atmosphere last night was poor to begin with but had turned toxic by midway through the 2 nd half. A couple of blokes in front of me (SSU) block h started on each other. One then walked out as he probably realised what a dick he was being. I feel our  fans feed off the team and not vise versa. It’s horrible watching grown men turn on each other, frustration gets the better of people sometimes. Especially when you know you could manage or even play better than most of em did last night ( I exaggerate) 

Archived