Atmosphere

Waffle

40 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Maybe it's time we "Did a Man City" from all those years ago, when they put microphones in The Kippax, and relayed the noise to loud speakers behind the Platt Lane End Goal (and probably in the other stands?  I don't know!)

I sat with the home fans low behind that goal once (Late '70's... We we won 1-2... Yeah!) and kept looking behind me to see where all the noise was coming from, as everyone sat behind me were comatose!  It was well into the second half before I finally sussed out the speakers!

And no... my suggestion isn't a serious one!  

Didn’t we get accused of that once?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Didn’t we get accused of that once?

Yes. By Arsenal circa 1979. 2-0 down at Ht we won 3-2 with a last minute header from John Duncan. Noise at the BBG was deafening on the Pop side; on the way out I overheard a Gooner say “Liam Brady walks on water...but he can’t playon facking sand”. 

Well it didn't take long in the year for a new thread to appear ;-)

Whatever happens today i would take it with a pinch of salt. New Years day atmospheres at home have historically been poor.

Bigger picture though here. No idea who the new group are but as Tom has mentioned bloody good luck to them.

I am disappointed in how the South Stand has turned out. It took a lot of hard work to get it, in fact years, coupled in with lies from previous CEO's in the mix as well and many many hurdles to get it. Cloughy was a big fan of it though and having sat down with him for an afternoon he was keen to get the ball rolling so we did.

The Forest and Brighton trial games were a huge success. 2 big games that maybe just set the bar too high for future games. It was the unknown and it was fun and very lively.

We are pretty good at home believe it or not compared to other stadiums. Maybe we expect more though, i don't know.

Expectation levels around the club haven't helped for the past couple of years. We are no longer in the buzzing period that Stevie Mac brought, again a newfound feeling and something the red dogs were going through when they came here.

In short until the English fan culture at home changes then don't expect anything. We can all shout and sing when things are going well but its not really then that matters.

The new group will not get the club to reconsider reallocating everyone's seats in the South Stand so that's a no go and unfortunately there are fans in there that have no interest in atmosphere. This is what it was set up for. I looked round the other day and heart sank when i saw some fans in there and just thought to myself why are you here?! I or nobody has any right to tell a fan where to sit BUT I put a lot of hard work, time and effort into getting this move for the singers and it does make me feel down a lot of the time when fans are there for another reason than atmosphere. Maybe the club need to be stronger on this stance I don't know. I had suggested they offer the kids out of there (as in family fans) to the North Stand with some special offers.

I think until safe standing comes in, which you will have seen from previous thread, we can install rail seats. Maybe by the club doing this for next season would give us the chance of clean sweeping the stand which is needed. Although this wouldn't be legalised safe standing it could advise everyone that standing may well occur. Always a touchy subject.

All we can do guys is keep plugging away. Spread the word. Fans do make a massive difference. If 100 of us kept going all game then just maybe the mindset will spread.

24 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Well it didn't take long in the year for a new thread to appear ?

Whatever happens today i would take it with a pinch of salt. New Years day atmospheres at home have historically been poor.

Bigger picture though here. No idea who the new group are but as Tom has mentioned bloody good luck to them.

I am disappointed in how the South Stand has turned out. It took a lot of hard work to get it, in fact years, coupled in with lies from previous CEO's in the mix as well and many many hurdles to get it. Cloughy was a big fan of it though and having sat down with him for an afternoon he was keen to get the ball rolling so we did.

The Forest and Brighton trial games were a huge success. 2 big games that maybe just set the bar too high for future games. It was the unknown and it was fun and very lively.

We are pretty good at home believe it or not compared to other stadiums. Maybe we expect more though, i don't know.

Expectation levels around the club haven't helped for the past couple of years. We are no longer in the buzzing period that Stevie Mac brought, again a newfound feeling and something the red dogs were going through when they came here.

In short until the English fan culture at home changes then don't expect anything. We can all shout and sing when things are going well but its not really then that matters.

The new group will not get the club to reconsider reallocating everyone's seats in the South Stand so that's a no go and unfortunately there are fans in there that have no interest in atmosphere. This is what it was set up for. I looked round the other day and heart sank when i saw some fans in there and just thought to myself why are you here?! I or nobody has any right to tell a fan where to sit BUT I put a lot of hard work, time and effort into getting this move for the singers and it does make me feel down a lot of the time when fans are there for another reason than atmosphere. Maybe the club need to be stronger on this stance I don't know. I had suggested they offer the kids out of there (as in family fans) to the North Stand with some special offers.

I think until safe standing comes in, which you will have seen from previous thread, we can install rail seats. Maybe by the club doing this for next season would give us the chance of clean sweeping the stand which is needed. Although this wouldn't be legalised safe standing it could advise everyone that standing may well occur. Always a touchy subject.

All we can do guys is keep plugging away. Spread the word. Fans do make a massive difference. If 100 of us kept going all game then just maybe the mindset will spread.

Agree 100%. Most home fans generate poor noise unless their winning with the exception of Leeds. Even villa last season the holte end was quiet until the equalised.

Compared to most grounds our atmosphere is pretty good.

There's not many grounds where you get a whole 3.5k singing section all together in one place game in game out. 

We just need to keep it up for as much of the match as possible. 

7 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

Agree 100%. Most home fans generate poor noise unless their winning with the exception of Leeds. Even villa last season the holte end was quiet until the equalised.

Sheff Utd were pretty good on Boxing Day. Norwich were patchy! 

Our away support can be good but also rubbish. I think that the players have a bit of a role in showing the passion that the crowd responds to - note Nuge and Tomori! 

Also we away supporters don't all return to South Stand - there were at least 8 North Stand regulars at Norwich but at home we make so little noise as we are scattered. 

I think that @B4ev6is is right to encourage another singing group elsewhere in the ground as it would give South Stand someone to bounce off. We used to have a gang in NW corner but they disappeared. 

And scrap the chants that centre on Forest or foul language - you've no idea how much everyone hates that Collymore song! 

Everyone always says the loud music etc before the match stifles the generating of an atmosphere. But this is the south stand 5 minutes before a match.  It’s empty!!!!

Would the singers come in early? Id go with no

Wheres the flag gone? I can’t remember the last time I saw it, , why can’t it be left to it’s own path instead of being walked through the stand by 4 people. This will get people involved and feel part of something, instead of a tag on to someone’s vanity project 

1F5B1820-8B7C-45B8-9295-7ED2F2C66EBE.jpeg

6 minutes ago, FrostedRam said:

Everyone always says the loud music etc before the match stifles the generating of an atmosphere. But this is the south stand 5 minutes before a match.  It’s empty!!!!

Wheres the flag gone? I can’t remember the last time I saw it, , why can’t it be left to it’s own path instead of being walked through the stand by 4 people. This will get people involved and feel part of something, instead of a tag on to someone’s vanity project 

Looks like South Stand 5 minutes before the end anorl.

14 minutes ago, FrostedRam said:

Hmm. I don't think that is 1455 and 5 minutes before kick off so will disagree. Not 1 fan is walking up to the stands in the gangway in your photo. Not a scooby Frosted.

As for the flag. At the Bristol game if you turned your camera oh so slightly to the left you will have seen it in the SE Corner over seats.

Also worth noting, its never been walked through the stands in the 10 years I have been looking after it so not sure what you are on about there.

The flag changes from being in the upper tier to the lower tier and is held up as opposed to let go. Reason being its better when held out as more often than not when left to its own devices doesn't keep its shape.

9 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Hmm. I don't think that is 1455 and 5 minutes before kick off so will disagree. Not 1 fan is walking up to the stands in the gangway in your photo. Not a scooby Frosted.

As for the flag. At the Bristol game if you turned your camera oh so slightly to the left you will have seen it in the SE Corner over seats.

Also worth noting, its never been walked through the stands in the 10 years I have been looking after it so not sure what you are on about there.

The flag changes from being in the upper tier to the lower tier and is held up as opposed to let go. Reason being its better when held out as more often than not when left to its own devices doesn't keep its shape.

I feel the flag would generate more atmosphere if it was surfed than stretched over empty seats. 

From memory whenever the flag has surfed over me, there were people holding each corner, I am talking back when it was the south east corner days. 

I’ve just seen the 10 year flag thread and I think this was done before your ownership. 

35 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

Poem as players are in tunnel

Steve bloomers watching as players are in huddle just before KO

Drum at top of south stand

Easy

Sounds good. Keep it going.

thats right keep it going. 

Lets see you keep it going.

come on now keep it going 

We want to see you keep it going.

Archived