George Thorne

Fraser_23

10 minutes ago, Carnero said:

We've not exactly seen a queue of clubs knocking the door down to take him on loan, never mind pay a transfer fee.

I don't see how paying out an adiditonal £1m plus in wages over 2 years is beneficial if we're supposedly not going to play him due to a transfer payment clause.

I'm sure it's actually as simple as he's behind Huddz, Evans & Johnson in Frank's DM pecking order (+ Bird) due his 2 years of inactivity prior to Frank's arrival.

Nothing to see here.

Would we still have to pay the £12,500 per game if he was at loan to another club and getting games? 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Oh right. 

Who out there is so desperate for attention but so dull that to get attention they have to pretend to be someone else? 

People are weird. 

If I ever pretend to be someone else I hope it's in real life and I convince Megan Fox I'm someone she needs to impress. Be good if I could pass myself off as a prince to some made up country. Get free stuff

I'd hate to think I would pretend to be an injured footballer on social media so people talk to and about the person I'm pretending to be while I'm sat here loving the attention I'm not actually getting because I'm a dull see you next Tuesday.

Weirdos man. 

I think we've all had a crisis of confidence in our lives but duck me I've never needed people like that. 

Oh you bugger. I always thought this was you.....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Alphonse,_Duke_of_Anjou

15 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Play him in the cup against Saints, 12.5k is peanuts for a football club.

At least he can show he still is class, and it's a shop window.

How is  £12.5k peanuts to a business that loses over £10m a year?

If he is as good as a lot of people say, then he will be the standout player week in week in the U23's and that should be the only shop window required for any scouts, or indeed for FL to realise he should be in the first team squad. 

I wonder how many people have actually seen George play recently , I’ve watched him in the under 23’s 3 or 4 times and he’s looked very ordinary , completely overshadowed by Sibley, this is the player  we should be looking at getting in the first team. 

As  good as George was all them seasons ago under Mac , he’s been nowhere near that standard since, while I admire how he’s fought his way back to play football again, he certainly doesn’t warrant a place in the first team. Love to be proven wrong with this one as I really liked him when he started at Derby , but can’t really see it if I’m being honest.

49 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Without a doubt our best 'proper midfielder' in my opinion and whilst I rate hudders,I think thorne,in form,is the better player who would fit better in our current squad and would fit the system we now employ like a glove.

Hard to know where he is at languishing in the under 23's however.

You answered your 2nd paragraph in the 1st one. 

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Without a doubt our best 'proper midfielder' in my opinion and whilst I rate hudders,I think thorne,in form,is the better player who would fit better in our current squad and would fit the system we now employ like a glove.

Hard to know where he is at languishing in the under 23's however.

Yep. Difficult to know what level he's capable of playing at while only playing in the Stiffs.

Archived