George Thorne

Fraser_23

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Oh right. 

Who out there is so desperate for attention but so dull that to get attention they have to pretend to be someone else? 

People are weird. 

If I ever pretend to be someone else I hope it's in real life and I convince Megan Fox I'm someone she needs to impress. Be good if I could pass myself off as a prince to some made up country. Get free stuff. 

I'd hate to think I would pretend to be an injured footballer on social media so people talk to and about the person I'm pretending to be while I'm sat here loving the attention I'm not actually getting because I'm a dull see you next Tuesday.

Weirdos man. 

I think we've all had a crisis of confidence in our lives but duck me I've never needed people like that. 

I never saw the Thorne one but surely he wouldn’t tweet that? That nugent one everyone thinks it’s real but it isn’t, Derby usually welcome the player to twitter etc 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Topram said:

Can’t believe people think this is the actual real Thorne 

Curtis Davies has said it his account, never saw the tweet but most of twitter thought it was fake! Tweet only going to push him further down the line

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

£12,500 per game for the first 100 appearances 

If that's true then the remaining cost to Derby County is just shy of half a million - peanuts if Thorne was able to get close to his form when he first joined us. Surely Lampard would be aware of this so if it's accurate, then I can only assume the manager doesn't rate him based on what he's seen in training and playing for the U23s.

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

If that's true then the remaining cost to Derby County is just shy of half a million - peanuts if Thorne was able to get close to his form when he first joined us. Surely Lampard would be aware of this so if it's accurate, then I can only assume the manager doesn't rate him based on what he's seen in training and playing for the U23s.

True, or at least he doesn’t rate him enough/feel he’s reliable enough to spend that slice of his budget on him given his injury woes!

21 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Don't know the stuff about payments but as for not getting picked... It's been a long long time since Thorne looked up to speed. He's as slow to recover as Hudds and he gets caught in possession. His passing isn't what it was.

I get that he needs game time to get up to speed and it's not his fault that he hasn't been fit to play. But it's not any of the coaching staff either. They have to pick the squad that they believe give us the best chance and if Thorne isn't match fit then what they supposed to do with him? The harsh reality is that they don't owe him anything. He didn't play well at all in his friendly appearance. He was rubbish. He didn't play well under Clement or anyone since really. He's not hit those levels of Mac 1. 

Which manager brought him back from injury and then played him on a Saturday and then on a Tuesday night? Was it Mac? That manager perhaps owes him a chance because that seemed madness.

But if Thorne isn't in these plans, and why would he be, then what else they meant to do with him?

I really don't get the payment thing but if any contracts are breached then he should be off to get legal advice. 

The one thing I actively disagree with is that he didn't play well under Clement and the 15/16 in general. Although I'll concede he didn't reach quite the same level as 13/14 he was easily Derby's best midfielder and was one of the better midfielders in the championship that season. 

Overall you are right though that since then he just hasn't come back the same. It's a massive shame really. 

24 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Oh right. 

Who out there is so desperate for attention but so dull that to get attention they have to pretend to be someone else? 

People are weird. 

If I ever pretend to be someone else I hope it's in real life and I convince Megan Fox I'm someone she needs to impress. Be good if I could pass myself off as a prince to some made up country. Get free stuff. 

I'd hate to think I would pretend to be an injured footballer on social media so people talk to and about the person I'm pretending to be while I'm sat here loving the attention I'm not actually getting because I'm a dull see you next Tuesday.

Weirdos man. 

I think we've all had a crisis of confidence in our lives but duck me I've never needed people like that. 

It could be that George himself has two accounts - the 'real' GT and a 'fake' GT that George uses as his alter ego, to say the things he'd really like to say but isn't allowed to. The possibilities are endless.

5 minutes ago, Carnero said:

If it were purely that we didn't want to play him due to the additional transfer costs then we wouldn't have handed him a 2 year contract extension last season.

Possibly but Frank may have felt that it was more beneficial to reinvest the money that would have gone towards the thorne transfer elsewhere, something that rowett may have been willing to pay when he signed the contract. 

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Morris said earlier in the season it isnt worth letting a players contract run down. If we get any transfer fee then it will be beneficial to the club

We've not exactly seen a queue of clubs knocking the door down to take him on loan, never mind pay a transfer fee.

I don't see how paying out an adiditonal £1m plus in wages over 2 years is beneficial if we're supposedly not going to play him due to a transfer payment clause.

I'm sure it's actually as simple as he's behind Huddz, Evans & Johnson in Frank's DM pecking order (+ Bird) due his 2 years of inactivity prior to Frank's arrival.

Nothing to see here.

49 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Oh right. 

People are weird. 

Weirdos man. 

Rampolis I think his name was 

41 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

It would be no where near half a million. 25 grand at most until he would be injured for another 3 seasons 

Archived