George Thorne

Fraser_23

1 hour ago, RamLad1884 said:

If you don't have a soft spot for Cloughie and Burton are you even a Derby fan? 

Blasphemy to be supporting someone like Luton ?

What are you on about? Clough Jnr's brand of football towards the end of his time at the Rams nearly stopped me renewing my season ticket (after 30+ years) - as for Burton, it's just a small provincial town full of people who don't understand how roundabouts work....Indeed, my Missus used to live in a road that backed onto their old ground, so I used to occassionaly drink in the Eton Park Social club - but I'm not really sure why I should think any more of the Brewers than any other minnow just because I support the Rams....

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

What are you on about? Clough Jnr's brand of football towards the end of his time at the Rams nearly stopped me renewing my season ticket (after 30+ years) - as for Burton, it's just a small provincial town full of people who don't understand how roundabouts work....Indeed, my Missus used to live in a road that backed onto their old ground, so I used to occassionaly drink in the Eton Park Social club - but I'm not really sure why I should think any more of the Brewers than any other minnow just because I support the Rams....

Now, I have a strong dislike for Burton Albion. Burton the town, however, is not something that I like seeing insulted. It's not the best place in the world but it's home and, in my opinion, the people are salt of the Earth.

23 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Now, I have a strong dislike for Burton Albion. Burton the town, however, is not something that I like seeing insulted. It's not the best place in the world but it's home and, in my opinion, the people are salt of the Earth.

Not an insult that they can't understand roundabouts - just a statement of fact......

25+ years ago there were no roundabouts in the town and everyone managed to get about - as soon as they introduced them, there were accidents and there are still instances of people who have no idea what to do when they're contronted with them - you can be approaching a roundabout when there's absolutely no other traffic in the vicinity only to find a car in front stop for no obvious reason - the mini roundabout on Hawkins Lane has been known to come to a complete halt as everyone gives way to each other. Conversly, I've been cut up numerous times in Burton (frequently on the roundabout by the Pirelli stadium) by people who don't understand the idea of giving way to traffic already on the roundabout - it's probably only the older drivers nowadays who still struggle when dealing with roundabouts, but it was certainly an alien concept when they were first brought in....

1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

If I ever see you at a match doing that Madchester walk and wearing a Liam Gallagher coat and haircut you’re going to be trouble,

I quite like Burton for pubs, but I have had an accident at a Burton roundabout (not my fault), and I was sorry about Clough being sacked right up until that second half against Ipswich. 

Luton are the team I would have supported if I had liked football as a child, but I didn't. Their loss and Derby's gain. 

11 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

I quite like Burton for pubs, but I have had an accident at a Burton roundabout (not my fault), and I was sorry about Clough being sacked right up until that second half against Ipswich. 

Luton are the team I would have supported if I had liked football as a child, but I didn't. Their loss and Derby's gain. 

Luton.? 

Went to school there for 4 years.

First ever football match I went to was Luton v Fulham.

Don't  get the love for Burton either but then I'm not a local yokel. Not yet anyway.

2 hours ago, Gaspode said:

What are you on about? Clough Jnr's brand of football towards the end of his time at the Rams nearly stopped me renewing my season ticket (after 30+ years) 

I still never get this common train of thought.

We had the fifth best home record in the division in 12/13 and averaged two goals a game at home. 

2 hours ago, Gaspode said:

I agree on the football that was the closest I’ve ever been to not renewing my season ticket and following Derby away was even worse with our let’s keep it tight and hope for the best attitude.

5 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

The fact that they’re taking at least 22 buses (I believe) to Man City but only 1 or 2 to Gillingham next weekend tells you all you need to know.

It really doesn't. 

The Rams took around 7000 to Old Trafford in the same season we took around 200 to Cardiff.

4 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Not an insult that they can't understand roundabouts - just a statement of fact......

25+ years ago there were no roundabouts in the town and everyone managed to get about - as soon as they introduced them, there were accidents and there are still instances of people who have no idea what to do when they're contronted with them - you can be approaching a roundabout when there's absolutely no other traffic in the vicinity only to find a car in front stop for no obvious reason - the mini roundabout on Hawkins Lane has been known to come to a complete halt as everyone gives way to each other. Conversly, I've been cut up numerous times in Burton (frequently on the roundabout by the Pirelli stadium) by people who don't understand the idea of giving way to traffic already on the roundabout - it's probably only the older drivers nowadays who still struggle when dealing with roundabouts, but it was certainly an alien concept when they were first brought in....

Or might it just be you that is the issue if it happens so frequently. ? 

On 02/01/2019 at 22:01, G STAR RAM said:

I think the terms of his contract are out there in the public domain following the Sam Rush saga. 

It seems to me that DCFC either think he is not good enough to warrant a place in the team, or spend an extra £12500 per match on.

or maybe they dont want to spend £12500 per match while he is getting match fit?George himself is quoted that he wont be up to Lutons match fit standardsso he cant be to ours either so maybe best move for all conerned

Archived