George Thorne

Fraser_23

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know the stuff about payments but as for not getting picked... It's been a long long time since Thorne looked up to speed. He's as slow to recover as Hudds and he gets caught in possession. His passing isn't what it was.

I get that he needs game time to get up to speed and it's not his fault that he hasn't been fit to play. But it's not any of the coaching staff either. They have to pick the squad that they believe give us the best chance and if Thorne isn't match fit then what they supposed to do with him? The harsh reality is that they don't owe him anything. He didn't play well at all in his friendly appearance. He was rubbish. He didn't play well under Clement or anyone since really. He's not hit those levels of Mac 1. 

Which manager brought him back from injury and then played him on a Saturday and then on a Tuesday night? Was it Mac? That manager perhaps owes him a chance because that seemed madness.

But if Thorne isn't in these plans, and why would he be, then what else they meant to do with him?

I really don't get the payment thing but if any contracts are breached then he should be off to get legal advice. 

Just now, Alpha said:

I don't do Twitter so I wouldn't know. But he did have a Twitter. I saw posts from him like 'be patient' when was signing for us?

The account that tweeted was started last month had like 200 followers I didn’t see the tweet but loads saying it’s a fake account, there’s a fake nugent one flying about which everyone thinks is real

His account was Thorne15 not 34, clearly someone trying to stir the pot I think. Wouldn’t expect a pro footballer to make comments like that on Twitter, and if they do I wouldn’t want them playing for us. 

Thorne was such a great player and it’s a shame the situation were in, but I guess injuries have taken their toll and we can’t be relying on a player like him anymore. Sad really, but we’ve got the hudd back now, who imo is, and has always been, the better player, as amazing as Thorne once was. Appearance thing really shouldn’t make a difference though imo, if a player is good enough we should just suck it up and play them.

Just now, Topram said:

The account that tweeted was started last month had like 200 followers I didn’t see the tweet but loads saying it’s a fake account, there’s a fake nugent one flying about which everyone thinks is real

Oh right. 

Who out there is so desperate for attention but so dull that to get attention they have to pretend to be someone else? 

People are weird. 

If I ever pretend to be someone else I hope it's in real life and I convince Megan Fox I'm someone she needs to impress. Be good if I could pass myself off as a prince to some made up country. Get free stuff. 

I'd hate to think I would pretend to be an injured footballer on social media so people talk to and about the person I'm pretending to be while I'm sat here loving the attention I'm not actually getting because I'm a dull see you next Tuesday.

Weirdos man. 

I think we've all had a crisis of confidence in our lives but duck me I've never needed people like that. 

Archived