Vs Middlesbrough (home). Matchday thread.

Rev

I'd keep the team from yesterday.

More time playing together will help them all find a good balance, but Wilson n Mount together as the attacking midfielders is worth the trade off in terms of muscle - we're not going to out pulis boro at any aspect, so we've got to go with what they can't match. We've still got Wisdom and Waghorn in the team who are units.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Middlesbrough pack the midfield & defensive areas. I was surprised to see that although they beat Ipswich that they had less of the ball. They'll be playing it up to Hugill and allow us to have the ball. With that in mind, I'd hope we pack the team with enough creativity. It's a shame we don't have Davies for this game, undoubtedly we're going to susceptible to set pieces. Tomori and Keogh need to have big games, the former will be asked a lot in the air and he's underwhelmed on occasions when that's happened.  

8 minutes ago, Carnero said:

@Millenniumram Nah, we should stick to our strengths and out-football them. If we pick a team to battle like you advocate, then we'll be playing to THEIR strengths and will probably lose.

Yeah I do agree with that way of thinking, just fear losing the battle with their thugs. Guess if we were playing better I’d have more confidence in us going at them, fair play to Lampard if he does though. Hope we do just play our game and tear them a new one, just don’t have that much confidence?

20 hours ago, McLovin said:

We need to be far more solid in midfield. Playing Evans and Huddlestone together will give us a good platform to allow Mount and Wilson to focus on attacking.

Carson

Bogle  Keogh   Tomori   Wisdom

Huddlestone   Evans

Waghorn      Mount      Wilson

Marriott

Spot on - I remember when we lost 3-0 to Hull in the playoffs under Wassall, Bruce made a really good change and played Huddlestone and Livermore in front of the back four. They subsequently bossed the midfield. That’s what we need to try and do in big games.

6 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Anyone know if this game is on the Red Button?

Just checked and yes it is.

To check you just have to go to set the live game to record (Forest v Leeds... yuck!) and it then brings up the list of games that will be shown.

Again Middlesbrough are a set piece pulis team - so we do have to defend them so for me 

Carson

wisdom keogh Pearce tomori    

Evans or Huddlestone 

Mount Bryson 

waghorn   Marriott  wilson 

3 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

You deserved to win that one just for the complete insanity of it.

I'll let you into a secret just to confirm my insanity. I backed Keogh too. It was based on the theory that one of our centre halves was due a goal. Time to ditch that bet though as somebody posted that something like only 3% of corners result in a goal. Thus proving you're right. I'm insane. ?

14 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I'll let you into a secret just to confirm my insanity. I backed Keogh too. It was based on the theory that one of our centre halves was due a goal. Time to ditch that bet though as somebody posted that something like only 3% of corners result in a goal. Thus proving you're right. I'm insane. ?

Errrrm???

p16cz7r.png

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Just checked and yes it is.

To check you just have to go to set the live game to record (Forest v Leeds... yuck!) and it then brings up the list of games that will be shown.

To add to this make sure you go to channel 403, Sky Sports Football as the option is only on this channel.  It's not available on 401 the main event.

Archived