Go to Games

DarkFruitsRam7

Derby County is my passion. I've had a season ticket for 13 years (from the age of 6 to the present day) and, for the last few years, I've been going on as many away days as my budget allows. There's nothing in life that I look forward to more than going on a boozy away day on the minibus with the usual lot from the pub.

I've said on here before that I don't really care what style of football we play - as long as we win. Thus, there is no better feeling in football for me than, from the depths of despair, witnessing Derby snatching a last-gasp win away from home. The explosion of sheer ecstasy in the away end is unparalleled and being able to clap the boys off the pitch after a job well done is pure joy.

Unfortunately, my usual lot didn't fancy travelling to Norwich today so I didn't go. As you may have seen from my recent thread, I very nearly bit the bullet and spent £80+ to go, despite the fact that I would have been going solo. Stupidly, I prioritised money over the chance of seeing what would have been the best game of my life.

I should be joyful today. I know I'll reflect on this result in a few days time and see it as a brilliant win but, at this moment, I feel as though we lost because I know what I missed out on. Even the fact that I put a bet on us winning 4-3 when we were 2-1 down doesn't provide any consolation. Watching on RamsTV compared to being at the game is like looking at a picture of Margot Robbie compared to spending a night with the real thing.

I urge any Rams fan who is in two minds as to whether to attend a game; just ducking do it. Even if you go with no hope whatsoever, as I'm sure many Derby fans did today, you never know how it may turn out. Today could have been the mother of all drunken match reports but, instead, I'm sat in my house moping about not experiencing something truly special.

Well done to the lads today. It was an absolutely fantastic effort and it could be a huge result for us come the end of the season. But please, fellow Derby fans, go to every single game that you can and I will assure you that you won't regret it.

Up the Rams x

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Derby County is my passion. I've had a season ticket for 13 years (from the age of 6 to the present day) and, for the last few years, I've been going on as many away days as my budget allows. There's nothing in life that I look forward to more than going on a boozy away day on the minibus with the usual lot from the pub.

I've said on here before that I don't really care what style of football we play - as long as we win. Thus, there is no better feeling in football for me than, from the depths of despair, witnessing Derby snatching a last-gasp win away from home. The explosion of sheer ecstasy in the away end is unparalleled and being able to clap the boys off the pitch after a job well done is pure joy.

Unfortunately, my usual lot didn't fancy travelling to Norwich today so I didn't go. As you may have seen from my recent thread, I very nearly bit the bullet and spent £80+ to go, despite the fact that I would have been going solo. Stupidly, I prioritised money over the chance of seeing what would have been the best game of my life.

I should be joyful today. I know I'll reflect on this result in a few days time and see it as a brilliant win but, at this moment, I feel as though we lost because I know what I missed out on. Even the fact that I put a bet on us winning 4-3 when we were 2-1 down doesn't provide any consolation. Watching on RamsTV compared to being at the game is like looking at a picture of Margot Robbie compared to spending a night with the real thing.

I urge any Rams fan who is in two minds as to whether to attend a game; just ducking do it. Even if you go with no hope whatsoever, as I'm sure many Derby fans did today, you never know how it may turn out. Today could have been the mother of all drunken match reports but, instead, I'm sat in my house moping about not experiencing something truly special.

Well done to the lads today. It was an absolutely fantastic effort and it could be a huge result for us come the end of the season. But please, fellow Derby fans, go to every single game that you can and I will assure you that you won't regret it.

Up the Rams x

How come you are able to watch on RamsTV?

i won't tell.

43 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Up the Rams x

Whenever I get the chances to go and see a game, I always go on my own. Sod the costs, as you have learned, just go!

47 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Up the Rams x

Suuuuuuucccckkkkkkeeeeerrrrrrrrr

Although we are still sat in traffic in Norwich. But duck it.

1 hour ago, Norman said:

Suuuuuuucccckkkkkkeeeeerrrrrrrrr

Although we are still sat in traffic in Norwich. But duck it.

Could be worse. Trains were delayed for about an hour. Having said that, don't care much. Chance for a few more beers. 

Always go if you can mate. This season was the first I've got a season ticket by myself and at first I hated it. By first, I mean first 5 minutes. You're always in a group of like minded people. 

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

How come you are able to watch on RamsTV?

i won't tell.

Im more interested how he knows what it's like spending the night with margot robbie.

2 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Up the Rams x

i wasnt going either mate , but Santa surprised me with a ticket on Christmas Day morning , , thanks Santa your the best

Sorry I got distracted googling pictures of Margot Robbie but I'm back now. I'm in the same boat as you. My dad couldn't make it which meant I'd have to get a last min train ticket. Decided against it and now I'm gutted (while being over the moon with the result).

Luckily Santa was kind to me with cash so I wont be making the same mistake again soon.

Anyway, back to Google images.

This was my first day off since the Tuesday after the red dogs, and I was lucky enough to see the match from one of the boxes in their south stand.

I took our 8 year old and it was the first time she's watched a match all the way through without being distracted by some device or other. It was probably helped by the fact I couldn't sit still on such a bonkers afternoon, and it was just mint to see her so into it today.

We're still down in Norwich and have been to see the Grinch at the flicks. First time she has sat through a whole film at the cinema too. She has a spot of autism and the noise usually freak's her out a bit.

Back at our Premier Inn and she's fast on, and I'm finally having a beer watching MOTD. Wish I bought a lottery ticket!! Football is so much more than the 90 minutes ☺️

Went on the train, signals failed at Wymondham, didn’t get to Norwich station till 3.30 heard we were 2-0 down. I thought shall I just get the train home. Glad I didn’t. Losing 3-2 then the lights failed I thought shall leave and get the earlier train home. So glad I didn’t. I’m so pleased I made the right choices. Finally got home at 11.00 but worth all the hassle 

Hard lines @BurtonRam7  but there'll be other days and you'll be there. Felt from the moment we brought in Frank and Jody that this season would provide all the thrills and spills I could cope with and it's not been a disappointment in that regard. Only just breached the halfway point so there'll be other days for you and the rest of the Derby faithful. COYR

2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Hard lines @BurtonRam7  but there'll be other days and you'll be there. Felt from the moment we brought in Frank and Jody that this season would provide all the thrills and spills I could cope with and it's not been a disappointment in that regard. Only just breached the halfway point so there'll be other days for you and the rest of the Derby faithful. COYR

To be fair, I have seen some great days already this season. This term, amongst less memorable away games, I've seen us snatch a last-gasp winner on the opening day at Reading, beat Man United at Old Trafford and take Chelsea to within minutes of a penalty shoot-out at Stamford Bridge. Perhaps I'm getting greedy under Frank and Jody!

I'm a lot happier today and I now appreciate just how great a victory that was yesterday. I'm sure my wallet appreciates my decision too!

Up the Rams.

8 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

To be fair, I have seen some great days already this season. This term, amongst less memorable away games, I've seen us snatch a last-gasp winner on the opening day at Reading, beat Man United at Old Trafford and take Chelsea to within minutes of a penalty shoot-out at Stamford Bridge. Perhaps I'm getting greedy under Frank and Jody!

I'm a lot happier today and I now appreciate just how great a victory that was yesterday. I'm sure my wallet appreciates my decision too!

Up the Rams.

Been an absolute belter so far mate. I've had the shittiest Xmas in yonks and I needed a bit of a lift, so yesterday's result was very welcome. Having saved a few quid, you can now go full-bore Dark Fruits while watching us tonk the ultimate shithouse combo of Pulis and Boro, right in their own backyard. 

I've lost count over the years, the number of time I've been asked "Why do you bother", and my reply always seems to be on a "So I can say I was there, when something special happens" kind of theme.

Admittedly, it's been 5 or 6 years since I went away, and my "Never miss a match" phase dates back to the late '70's/very early '80's.

I regret missing the Rotherham Friday night promotion match above most other regrets. 

But then I have seen us win at places like Highbury, Main Road, White Hart Lane, and The C**y Ground, amongst many others.  I have had some absolutely fantastic days away, and always said the away days were better than the home games.

Here's a lesson.... whether you want one or not...

Back in '79 (I think?), as a 16 year old, we were away at OT.  My mate was a united fan, me and his dad were Derby (of course).  We drove up there, sat together amongst the home fans, and with 5 mins to go, and the score at 3-0, the mate and his dad were happy to tootle off to the car, so I naturally joined them...

When we reached the car and put the radio on, the score had changed to 4-0.  Not a biggy in itself, until my mate heard that it was Martin Buchan that had scored their fourth.  For those that don't recognise the name, Martin Buchan went on to play 9,000 games for United, over a 52 year one-club career... 8,000 of them in consecutive matches, and all as captain.  He was the true epitome of the phrase "Club legend", and as the last man of their defence, I believe he ended his career with a total goal scoring tally of... One!

My mate was there... but he missed it!

Don't let that happen to you, kids!   :-)

NEVER SINCE... To this day... Have I left before the final whistle... just in case!

*My figures may not be 100% accurate, but you get the picture!

17 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Stupidly, I prioritised money over the chance of seeing what would have been the best game of my life.

I should be joyful today. I know I'll reflect on this result in a few days time and see it as a brilliant win but, at this moment, I feel as though we lost because I know what I missed out on.

Not necessarily, by you merely being there you may have inadvertently affected the result in an adverse way.

"The Butterfly Effect" ?

I always remember in the 70’s the season we lost to Manure in the semi final and our chance of the doing the double. We played a meaningless last game of the season away to Ipswich I didn’t want to go but my mates talked me into it. We won 6-2 and was one the best away performances I have ever seen and it was Frannie Lee’s last ever game.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived