Radio Commentary

europia

I am based overseas, for the rest of the season at least. Just wondered, does anyone listen to the radio commentary provided by Rams TV? Is it any good and who is commentating? It probably has been discussed already, but couldn't find a link. Thanks in advance. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, europia said:

I am based overseas, for the rest of the season at least. Just wondered, does anyone listen to the radio commentary provided by Rams TV? Is it any good and who is commentating? It probably has been discussed already, but couldn't find a link. Thanks in advance. 

Why not pay to watch each match on rams tv?

3 minutes ago, europia said:

The commentary is from Radio Derby, Ed Dawes and Craig Ramage

37 minutes ago, europia said:

Depending on the country you get to see most if not all of the games..

1 hour ago, europia said:

Thought about it but sometimes I am working on match days. So ok just listening. Also remember some comments that the live stream wasn't always great. 

If its just the audio commentary you are listening to its just the usual radio Derby commentary  which is fine.

If you are listening to the commentary from the actual video livestream it is very boring and insipid akin to someone reading the newspaper, but half the newspaper is redacted and the guy reading the newspaper just makes up his own nonsense as he goes along. He also has an assistant whose only job is to cheer when Derby score.

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

If its just the audio commentary you are listening to its just the usual radio Derby commentary  which is fine.

If you are listening to the commentary from the actual video livestream it is very boring and insipid akin to someone reading the newspaper, but half the newspaper is redacted and the guy reading the newspaper just makes up his own nonsense as he goes along. He also has an assistant whose only job is to cheer when Derby score.

Still preferable to Dawes and Ramage. 

1 minute ago, tinman said:

Still preferable to Dawes and Ramage. 

I don't mind ramage, but i'd rather listen to someone dragging their finger nails down a blackboard than have to suffer ed dawes.

I like Ramage's positivity, accurate commentary on the balance of the game and composed analasys

I also like that Dawes never moans about referees like a slightly drunk casual fan at his annual game v Forest. 

I like unicorns and mermaids too. 

4 hours ago, europia said:

Oh, no. It's horribly inaccurate and negative. They flap over any period of the game when we aren't bossing it and very very rare will they say we are playing well unless we are winning. And often not even then. 

Praise is usually backed up by criticism. 

They give the perfect matchday experience of that moaning sod we all have stood behind us somewhere.

34 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Oh, no. It's horribly inaccurate and negative. They flap over any period of the game when we aren't bossing it and very very rare will they say we are playing well unless we are winning. And often not even then. 

Praise is usually backed up by criticism. 

They give the perfect matchday experience of that moaning sod we all have stood behind us somewhere.

I think it must be deliberate policy though, perhaps they monitored audience reaction and realised people found happy rammage more irritating than sad rammage? His spanking references are a bit frequent as well, if we wanted 50 shades of craig rammage we'd all voluntarily seek  psychiatric help. 

Archived