Anya

DCFC27

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He could probably play there competently so if I was manager I’d probably give him a shout now even though he’s been out the picture for a while, always looked a reasonable if unspectacular player to me, far too big a fee and contract was given to him tho. Can’t see it however, wisdom did ok the other day so he’ll keep the place for now but I can’t see a wrong footed player there being a solution for the next few weeks.

Personally, I'd move Keogh to full back. He'd get up n down the flank all day, he's steady enough on the ball, he'd help out more defensively and it wouldn't matter as much when he's caught out of position, sold himself or made an error which are his biggest problems. It might even be good for his confidence.?

1 hour ago, Xlor said:

Personally, I'd move Keogh to full back. He'd get up n down the flank all day, he's steady enough on the ball, he'd help out more defensively and it wouldn't matter as much when he's caught out of position, sold himself or made an error which are his biggest problems. It might even be good for his confidence.?

Oh god. I can’t even imagine how bad he would be...

I bet Anya’s contract is interesting.

I’m not saying that’s the issue but I remember reading a bit on him,his family,background and career and it was really interesting.

If I remember correctly he doesn’t have an agent and does it himself?

Personally I’ve never been able to make my mind up on him footballing wise,I don’t think he’s the answer but I’ve nothing against anyone being allowed back in if they’ve worked hard enough.

Anya is certainly a hard working bloke.

I have to say given the way frank wants to play I am surprised anya hasn’t had a look In at all

Dont get me wrong he’s no world beater and has never offered any sort of goal threat when played as a winger but he’s a neat and tidy footballer who works hard and is quick 

hes probably not a million miles away from Bogle in many ways just the wrong end of the the age and pay scale perhaps and we’re desperate to move him out 

Didn't this happen last season? We didn't see him for the first half of the season then snake brought him back in and he was good for a couple of games then back to being crap again?

Anyway the answer to our left back problems is Cheryl Cole. Get her in on a deal till the end of the season.

45 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I have to say given the way frank wants to play I am surprised anya hasn’t had a look In at all

Dont get me wrong he’s no world beater and has never offered any sort of goal threat when played as a winger but he’s a neat and tidy footballer who works hard and is quick 

hes probably not a million miles away from Bogle in many ways just the wrong end of the the age and pay scale perhaps and we’re desperate to move him out 

It can only be down to his contract. He's got the right attitude, and 'enough' talent to cover the position for a couple of games. TBH he could be as good defensively as Malone! ?

9 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Didn't this happen last season? We didn't see him for the first half of the season then snake brought him back in and he was good for a couple of games then back to being crap again?

Anyway the answer to our left back problems is Cheryl Cole. Get her in on a deal till the end of the season.

And contrary to many opinions her legs definitely haven’t gone 

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Looking at the goals. Conceded from headers we need a proper centre half for the championship surley we need Pearce with Keogh  and I am sure tomori could do the left back role satisfactory 

I'd have gone for that last match, Wisdom looked woeful in his RB position so why he'd look better at LB is a real conundrum! Makes you wonder how players get chosen to play, what it's based on! Lol.

30 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'd have gone for that last match, Wisdom looked woeful in his RB position so why he'd look better at LB is a real conundrum! Makes you wonder how players get chosen to play, what it's based on! Lol.

I thought he was ok. Certainly started well. 

47 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I know things are looking down when I find myself allied to @RoyMac5

I would prefer this option....or Anya... or Johnson. or a back 3. Wisdom isnt great going forward and he looked a bit suspect defensively and positionally he was very dodgy on Boxing Day. 

Clearly he will have a stormer today and normal service will resume.

Archived