Negative posters

dcfc4ever

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Excatly, I don’t see coming on here and saying we should move the ball faster we are too slow as being negative it’s just opinions, no point coming on and everyone going ah we lost today didn’t defend well but positives we only conceded 3 only 2 free headers in the box etc etc, it’s a discussion 

It’s just trying to analyse the problems we’ve been having that I’ve seen in the main, beyond the bizzare Keogh bashing. The defending was horrific on wendesday and pointing that out isn’t being overly negative it’s stating facts, but blaming Keogh for it is the weird thing.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

So we should all just sit here and trust In everything? Where would be the opinion, the debate? I get the irrational hatred of players and constant scapegoating is annoying, but criticism of recent performances etc is warranted. As long as opinions are insightful and well explained not just some crusade against an individual, then it brings debate which is what the forum is about.

I have no problem with considered criticism of the team after a game if it’s deserved.

As you mention it’s irrationally hammering individuals that gets people’s backs up!

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

There is a rational explanation for the irrational keogh bashing that follows each loss.

Many people have buried within their psyche, a deep seated and irrational fear, and unfortunately keogh triggers that fear with his mad staring eyes, his shiny little feet, and his hard spherical faeces.

Its called capraphobia. 

The fear of the irrational, and the unpredictable goat.

You jest........but you probably don’t realise how close to the truth you are!

51 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

The point of the prediction thread is to say what you think the result will be, not to pretend you expect us to win every game. 

There are also people who post defeats because of superstition, I bet if you ask @mozza how many people predict the same result after a win there would be quite a few. 

5 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

It’s just trying to analyse the problems we’ve been having that I’ve seen in the main, beyond the bizzare Keogh bashing. The defending was horrific on wendesday and pointing that out isn’t being overly negative it’s stating facts, but blaming Keogh for it is the weird thing.

Especially when Keogh was our best defender 

2 hours ago, Lambchop said:

The point of the prediction thread is to say what you think the result will be, not to pretend you expect us to win every game. 

2 hours ago, rynny said:

There are also people who post defeats because of superstition, I bet if you ask @mozza how many people predict the same result after a win there would be quite a few. 

I've can't bring myself to predict Derby to lose - it's not because I'm pretending I expect us to win every game it's because I'm a bit daft, highly superstitious and predicting a win every game gives me a great excuse for being so utterly rubbish at the game. Maybe one year we'll absolutely smash it, in which case I might actually do OK for once. Until then, it's mid-league mediocrity every season. 

As a trial.....why not have two different match threads?

One for the happy clappers and one for the wrist slashers???

You have to sign up to one and can only read/post in that one. If your tone or narrative changes or deviates at any time you can be thrown out.

Wouldn't it be awful? 

17 minutes ago, 86 points said:

I've can't bring myself to predict Derby to lose - it's not because I'm pretending I expect us to win every game it's because I'm a bit daft, highly superstitious and predicting a win every game gives me a great excuse for being so utterly rubbish at the game. Maybe one year we'll absolutely smash it, in which case I might actually do OK for once. Until then, it's mid-league mediocrity every season. 

Me neither.

Seems a bit rich to expect the team to have belief in their ability when behind them their ‘fans’ are predicting doom and gloom.

Bit like the parent who tells their child they will never amount to anything.

Frustrating thing for me is that for the first time in years we have a team in which there are five players who could reasonably be expected to score. We have a proper centre forward. All we have to do is to build a platform for them but that is proving elusive.

We are really not that far from a good team and when we click we are unplayable.

This forum is often that of a club facing relegation.

10 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I read that as chicks. @David could be the next Hugh hefner.

I don’t tell people I own a forum away from the internet, drives women wild. Don’t understand it myself, not like I wear a uniform, some days I’m in my boxers till dinner time.

As for clicks, if that’s all I was interested in we wouldn’t have removed political discussions or prolific trolls.

Almost 10 years ago (29th Jan 2009) I had a crazy idea of creating a friendly platform where fans can come and share their opinions on Derby County and that’s all I’m interested in.

Do that right and the views will naturally follow for the right reasons. 

The club read this forum as they are interested in how the fans feel, what they think. Genuine “negative” opinions without the hyperbole I’m told are just as welcome as the positive. 

Why wouldn’t a club want to know how it’s fans feel? A club without it’s fans is nothing.

I’m an infrequent visitor now to the forum, because I got so tired of the way posters are jumped on for being positive or having a less than dim view of the club/chairman/players/drummer blah blah blah.  The ultimate shame you can carry is being ‘a happy clapper’ apparently. The forum is like the equivalent of the South Stand who go to sing but stand in silence with their arms folded hoovering up the atmosphere  

2 hours ago, 86 points said:

Exactly, the prediction thread isn't a great source for saying whether or not someone is negative. I'm sure I predict more loses than most, however I am in no way negative. 

2 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

I’m an infrequent visitor now to the forum, because I got so tired of the way posters are jumped on for being positive or having a less than dim view of the club/chairman/players/drummer blah blah blah.  The ultimate shame you can carry is being ‘a happy clapper’ apparently. The forum is like the equivalent of the South Stand who go to sing but stand in silence with their arms folded hoovering up the atmosphere  

Irony?!

10 hours ago, Ramarena said:

I have no problem with considered criticism of the team after a game if it’s deserved.

As you mention it’s irrationally hammering individuals that gets people’s backs up!

I don't think there is anything wrong with highlighting individual failings (for example, "so and so wasn't in the game today, his passing was poor, he seemed to lack energy/passion) provided it's reasonable and doesn't become a vendetta.

I know some would say that we wouldn't like it if we were criticised at work by our customers but I believe, when you're in the entertainment industry (and are paid a large amount of money to perform for the paying public), it's something you have to expect. 

I wouldn't expect the manager to do it publicly but, fans are entitled to, subject to the conditions above I.e. fair and reasonable criticism but not irrational hammering. 

Always enjoy the subtext to these debates, which is that what we post on here has an impact on how players perform on the pitch. As if 10 negative posters on dcfcfans cause Fikayo Tomori to be too scared to attack crosses.

There’s also some cerlassssic examples of straw man.

”Can’t believe some are calling for Lampard’s head!” - I have seen literally one poster do this.

“Say anything positive and you are called a happy clapper” - I can’t remember the last time ‘happy clapper’ was used on here outside of self-proclamation.

“Can’t say anything negative without being hounded out!” - literally no one has ever hounded anyone out for expressing a sensible opinion, negative or otherwise. Some just feel attacked when they have their opinion challenged.

Anyway, hope we tap our keyboards positively for the lads this afternoon, they need positivity in threads if they’re going to take anything from Carrow Road.

35 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with highlighting individual failings (for example, "so and so wasn't in the game today, his passing was poor, he seemed to lack energy/passion) provided it's reasonable and doesn't become a vendetta.

I know some would say that we wouldn't like it if we were criticised at work by our customers but I believe, when you're in the entertainment industry (and are paid a large amount of money to perform for the paying public), it's something you have to expect. 

I wouldn't expect the manager to do it publicly but, fans are entitled to, subject to the conditions above I.e. fair and reasonable criticism but not irrational hammering. 

I agree, people pointing out that Keogh makes mistakes from time to time is fair enough and I’d agree!

What isn’t fair is blaming him solely for a defeat or being the reason we are not in the prem already. They also go missing when he has a good run of games, only to resurface when they can find something to blame him for.

You only have to look back to yesterday, we have one poster saying he was at fault for the goals against the Blades, when it was pointed out that he wasn’t at fault,they weren’t interested and said they believe he was at fault and that’s that!

Some of the things these people come out with are just mad.

4 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I agree, people pointing out that Keogh makes mistakes from time to time is fair enough and I’d agree!

What isn’t fair is blaming him solely for a defeat or being the reason we are not in the prem already. They also go missing when he has a good run of games, only to resurface when they can find something to blame him for.

You only have to look back to yesterday, we have one poster saying he was at fault for the goals against the Blades, when it was pointed out that he wasn’t at fault,they weren’t interested and said they believe he was at fault and that’s that!

Some of the things these people come out with are just mad.

To true - Keogh slaughtered for a mistake and Bristol score - it happened meanwhile two minutes later Mount did just the same but the guy hit the bar - hardly a mention and nugent missing an open goal from three yards doesn’t count even though we may well have won the game. 

Archived