Negative posters

dcfc4ever

11 minutes ago, eddie said:

I used to post a lot more often than I do now. Since the removal of any political discourse, the site has become sterile.

Do remember, Eddie, that this forum was created for Derby fans to talk about Derby. I'm no fan of recent changes either but surely that doesn't detract from the reason that you joined the site and the reason that most people read your posts?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, eddie said:

I used to post a lot more often than I do now. Since the removal of any political discourse, the site has become sterile.

We just need to adopt a sort of rhyming slang.

e.g. Bedsit, tree frog, and barrage

Whatever we think of the sea view, the bedsit will be a disaster. 

On 28/12/2018 at 22:51, Millenniumram said:

So we should all just sit here and trust In everything? Where would be the opinion, the debate? I get the irrational hatred of players and constant scapegoating is annoying, but criticism of recent performances etc is warranted. As long as opinions are insightful and well explained not just some crusade against an individual, then it brings debate which is what the forum is about.

Exactly !  I have no probs seeing a criticism of an individual performance. X was off it today, not tracking back, missed a sitter. All valid but at a certain point it falls too often into character assassination. 

Are you really a supporter when you get on a player’s back ? .. fine, say you’d prefer Y in that position and state your reasons. Urging a player to do better, of course. Calling them a tawt. Yeah .. really helpful ... not, and all this “not fit to wear the shirt” ? Not for me. 

On 28/12/2018 at 22:09, angieram said:

I think it's ok to have a range of opinions and I don't mind people criticising performance if it's valid.  Only thing that gets on my nerves is when posters have a down on a certain player and go out of their way to criticise, regardless of the facts.

I don't believe any player that plays in the Championship is rubbish - they are all very good (but not quite world class!) 

I will also be predicting a loss for tomorrow, but I am still going on a 300 mile round trip where I hope to be proved wrong! 

Most are missing my point Angie,I have no problem about separate posts being critical of tactics,players and score line.Certain posters say nothing postitive what so ever about DCFC.There either Florist fans,doom and gloom merchants,keyboard warriors or just like to wined up our decent fan base.Another theory is how many posters are actually posting with multiple user names and liking there own posts which wouldn’t surprise me in this sad world of social media.Generally the forum is great but it has too many wined ups on here which is a shame for the positive Derby fan base...... this will be like lighting a fuse to some on here....incoming...

8 minutes ago, dcfc4ever said:

it has too many wined ups on here which is a shame for the positive Derby fan base...... 

Do you have any proof that people are drinking alcoholic beverages whilst operating the forum?

And is it not possible to be both wined up and positive? I'd say possibly more so.

On 03/01/2019 at 14:13, Smyth_18 said:

Do you have any proof that people are drinking alcoholic beverages whilst operating the forum?

And is it not possible to be both wined up and positive? I'd say possibly more so.

Personally, I never post sober.

Archived