Negative posters

dcfc4ever

4 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

I’m an infrequent visitor now to the forum, because I got so tired of the way posters are jumped on for being positive or having a less than dim view of the club/chairman/players/drummer blah blah blah.  The ultimate shame you can carry is being ‘a happy clapper’ apparently. The forum is like the equivalent of the South Stand who go to sing but stand in silence with their arms folded hoovering up the atmosphere  

Maybe I like the sound of my own voice too much but things like that make me want to post something to balance things out. Don't stop posting - stand your corner! 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Chester40 said:

As a trial.....why not have two different match threads?

One for the happy clappers and one for the wrist slashers???

You have to sign up to one and can only read/post in that one. If your tone or narrative changes or deviates at any time you can be thrown out.

Wouldn't it be awful? 

I'm a happy slasher, which pisses that up. 

It's quite sad that there is an obvious pre-judged stereotypical consensus of opinion of whether a poster either falls into the category of a happy clapper or negative, WUM.

The same posters with diametrically opposite views of the above will then predictably single out these members for caustic comments/unwarranted attention as they have been categorised or pigeonholed adversely by the same people.

I try to treat the forum as a bit of fun but unfortunately there's a few members on here who take their opinions and probably themselves far too seriously.

Im not going to call anyone out before people ask; far better that these people have a moment of self reflection and introspection to be more self aware of how they come across to other members. And I know that there's a block button but isn't it a shame that one has to resort to those measures because of someone else's narrow mindedness.

I don't think we should be allowed to discuss football, it's clearly too controversial. 

This forum is a subsidiary of North Korea, where Derby County play heroically and win every week. The moderators haven't got time to deal with people having different opinions, so all insurgency will be crushed. 

22 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

Bothered? That’s why I don’t post, because of responses like that. How are you supposed to make your point then? 

(Rhetorical question)

Get over yourself, crying about the negativity and not being allowed a different opinion then you go on and have a pop at our fans? Mind blowing. 

3 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Get over yourself, crying about the negativity and not being allowed a different opinion then you go on and have a pop at our fans? Mind blowing. 

If that blows your mind you need to get out more. Picking on people by telling them to ‘get over themselves’ proves my point. 

20 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

If that blows your mind you need to get out more. Picking on people by telling them to ‘get over themselves’ proves my point. 

Not picking on anyone, just pointing the glaringly obvious irony in your OP and then responding when you try to take the high ground.

If you can’t face up to your own words then be a tad more careful with what you post. 

29 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Negative posters don’t bother me,a different opinion is fine.

All the childish bickering does my head in.

Totally concur, if all other posters simply agreed with me then that would make things far less complicated 

Do we really think that people on here are more negative than the average fan? I think that we all live in our own bubble on this forum and forget that it represents a tiny minority of the fanbase. I honestly believe that this forum is more positive than the fanbase as a whole.

My Uncle is a season-ticket holder and he hasn't been truly happy with the club since the days of Eranio, Baiano, etc, but he's probably never heard of the forum, let alone posted on it. In my book, forum members are generally more considered about their opinions than the average bloke on the street or the wrist-slasher on Twitter. We sometimes just get too wrapped up in our own little world and take anything negative as a personal affront.

Archived