Sign in to follow this  
RamNut

January 2019 transfers thread

Villa are in for Isaac Hayden. A premier league quality midfielder from Newcastle. What's he gonna cost? £10m?

How do they get away with it in terms of ffp?

43 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Villa are in for Isaac Hayden. A premier league quality midfielder from Newcastle. What's he gonna cost? £10m?

If they dont get promoted, they probably wont get away with it. 

Remember FFP works in 3 year periods - this is their 3rd year at this level I believe. So its go up now time or get ducked, I think.

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

Crazy!Brentford have told them 20 million for Neil Maupay...WTF!

2 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Transfer fees aren’t (initially) the problem, and won’t be at all if there is little book loss per season, and the club sell him on for similar/more than they paid. It’s when you make millions of losses on each player (Thorne, Anya, Butterfield, Johnson, Blackman)

3 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Terrible player, plus I think he'll cost a lot less than that. 

I actually think they have six CMs on their books already that are better - Lansbury, Grealish, McGinn, Hourihane, Jedinak & Bjarnsson. Although, I guess I would have him over Whelan. 

Hayden is a defensive midfielder with incredibly poor ball retention, a limited range of passing and poor positioning. Admittedly, I've not seen every game he's played in, but he's always stood out to me as a poor player when he's been sanctioned minutes on the pitch.