I am disgusted by some derby fans

B4ev6is

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The issue I have with Derby fans is we tend to jeer good players and they end up making us look like tools when we effectively gift them the extra kick to stick one to us. Happens every time.  Emmanuel Adebayor, Sharpe, Gary Rowett recently etc. Why don't we just support our own team and not give an extra incentive for the opposition to make us STFU.

It's a friend of mines lad who plays in net for Sheffield UTD. Hopefully he laughed it all off as what your saying was said is quite frankly, disgusting. The lad is about 20 years old and hopefully fingers crossed a future England senior team international. I hope Dean and his dad don't think all Rams fans are complete tools.

On 26/12/2018 at 22:32, B4ev6is said:

Well towards end of the game yes shiffield untied keeper should have not do  what he did. But things some of fans were chanting was sick and out of order. I felt like telling them off but throught against I think been drinking heavley but still no excuses for that.

You could argue that it's also disgusting that you heard something so obscene and didn't do say anything? 

I know every Football club has its small groups of idiots, but its not just up to the club to ban them. Let them know that their chants are not welcome. 

3 minutes ago, Westcumbrianram said:

It's a friend of mines lad who plays in net for Sheffield UTD. Hopefully he laughed it all off as what your saying was said is quite frankly, disgusting. The lad is about 20 years old and hopefully fingers crossed a future England senior team international. I hope Dean and his dad don't think all Rams fans are complete tools.

Tomorrow I will be embarking on a 300 mile round trip with 2-3000 other rams fans, with little hope of success. 99% will be nice people and I expect that to drop to 98-97% once drink has been taken and we get hammered. Whilst not wanting to excuse the small minority, let’s not give them too much attention. I would suspect the keeper didn’t give it a 2 nd thought and Sharpe had a large belly laugh at the abuse he received about his weight. I am confident that any Derby fans chanting about the loss of an infant would have received a good hiding from our own fans, so suspect that isn’t true. We have our fair share of w@nkers but no more than any other club. When things go wrong on the pitch, off pitch issues are highlighted. Better to concentrate on the fans who matter

12 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

You could argue that it's also disgusting that you heard something so obscene and didn't do say anything? 

I know every Football club has its small groups of idiots, but its not just up to the club to ban them. Let them know that their chants are not welcome. 

Its also up to Stewards and Security to deal with it. I personally don't think its disgusting that B4 didn't intervene, I wouldn't march over to a group of pissed up morons at a football match and tell them to stop their chants as I would fear that I would become the focus of their moronic behaviour and who knows what would happen. I wouldn't fancy a beating.

6 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Its also up to Stewards and Security to deal with it. I personally don't think its disgusting that B4 didn't intervene, I wouldn't march over to a group of pissed up morons at a football match and tell them to stop their chants as I would fear that I would become the focus of their moronic behaviour and who knows what would happen. I wouldn't fancy a beating.

So fans don't have a responsibility to be good human beings? 

23 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

So fans don't have a responsibility to be good human beings? 

Not putting yourself at risk doesn't make you a bad human being.

You hear of (paid professionals) police who dont get overly involved in dangerous situations or take undue risks...

So someone minding their own business and hearing drunk/aggressive idiots who although are chanting horrible stuff are not actually going to physically hurt anyone....they are expected to seriously risk physical danger by getting involved? Ridiculous.

I have been at a couple of games this season where I have moved my kids away from some of our own fans.  At no point did it cross my mind to ask them to curb their language etc. I have a responsibility to my own safety. Definitely a slightly poisonous minority...but every club is the same...

I’ve been stood next to idiots who aren’t interested in watching the game. Once one lit up a fag. Why? I think it was to see if anyone dare challenge him. Well he was tapped on his back and I pointed to his fag to say put it out. It didn’t make the slightest bit of difference. What should your next course of action be? Grab the fag and extinguish it? Start scuffling with the bell? These people are looking for trouble if you want a good punch up go for it. If your not, take a photo of them with your phone and report them.

7 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Some real snowflakes kicking around on this thread. Take on some responsibility yourselves and if you don't like something, don't whip out your keyboard, do something about it. 

Thats the problem with t'internet land, lots of snowflakes......and trolls.

36 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Some real snowflakes kicking around on this thread. Take on some responsibility yourselves and if you don't like something, don't whip out your keyboard, do something about it. 

I initially had some sympathy with your point...now you're just being ridiculous.

'Snowflake' bugs me anyway, as the new term to cover anyone who disagrees with you. 

It would be great if everyone in the world was reasonable. But groups of drunk, aggressive, obnoxious, attention seeking louts looking to prove 'they are hard' are not always reasonable. You know what...say something and they may stop and think. They may also tell u to f off and be threatening or even be violent.

Bully for you that you are clearly some sort of avenging angel. But I can't help thinking anyone with such high moral standings would also get not everyone can be a hero and will sometimes choose to say nothing and later on have a moan about it on a forum.

5 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I initially had some sympathy with your point...now you're just being ridiculous.

'Snowflake' bugs me anyway, as the new term to cover anyone who disagrees with you. 

It would be great if everyone in the world was reasonable. But groups of drunk, aggressive, obnoxious, attention seeking louts looking to prove 'they are hard' are not always reasonable. You know what...say something and they may stop and think. They may also tell u to f off and be threatening or even be violent.

Bully for you that you are clearly some sort of avenging angel. But I can't help thinking anyone with such high moral standings would also get not everyone can be a hero and will sometimes choose to say nothing and later on have a moan abou

If we as football fans say nothing, we will forever live in an environment of homophobia, racism and disgusting abuse.

Do as you please.

2 hours ago, Nick_Ram said:

If we as football fans say nothing, we will forever live in an environment of homophobia, racism and disgusting abuse.

Do as you please.

Don't forget bullies.

Archived