The “Curse” come early this season?

Boycie

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@jono Not sure why what I'm saying is even controversial, Tiddles me owd, just referring to what everyone can see, our inconsistent form, and asking a question about its possible causes. 

It seems that discussion of football 'triggers' people as much as discussion of politics, if you say the wrong words (like 'Leeds', or 'Marx').

Even guessing the score upsets some people; perhaps it should be banned...

6 hours ago, Lambchop said:

@jono Not sure why what I'm saying is even controversial, Tiddles me owd, just referring to what everyone can see, our inconsistent form, and asking a question about its possible causes. 

It seems that discussion of football 'triggers' people as much as discussion of politics, if you say the wrong words (like 'Leeds', or 'Marx').

Even guessing the score upsets some people; perhaps it should be banned...

@Lambchop I wasn’t being serious. ‘‘Twas a jest with a slight sprinkling of irony about oft used hindsight and a bit of silliness about roasted small birds x 

7 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

So a joke... like on Top Gear?

No just a joke.

You really shouldn’t pigeon hole people. Not nice 

if you couldn’t see the irony in the hindsight comment then I really am sorry for you. And as for toasted canaries. Please ! I have a dog, I love animals and despise unnecessary cruelty.  I see hunting for food as acceptable but hunting for sport rather tasteless and pretty nasty. Never the less we are creatures and we do stuff to survive and prosper. Not always pretty, should be subject to rational control ...but it’s life. 

... it was a joke and given the result the other day I venture to suggest it was passable. Don’t put me in a box it is extreme and unwarranted  arrogance along with self appointed moral superiority .. 

28 minutes ago, jono said:

No just a joke.

You really shouldn’t pigeon hole people. Not nice 

if you couldn’t see the irony in the hindsight comment then I really am sorry for you. And as for toasted canaries. Please ! I have a dog, I love animals and despise unnecessary cruelty.  I see hunting for food as acceptable but hunting for sport rather tasteless and pretty nasty. Never the less we are creatures and we do stuff to survive and prosper. Not always pretty, should be subject to rational control ...but it’s life. 

... it was a joke and given the result the other day I venture to suggest it was passable. Don’t put me in a box it is extreme and unwarranted  arrogance along with self appointed moral superiority .. 

There will be a vegan along in a minute to sort you out , I’m safe as I don’t even watch Star Trek 

Archived