The “Curse” come early this season?

Boycie

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

It is patently obvious that the 'curse' is located within the black shorts. It's Maxwell's Karmic Curse. It can only be broken by invoking the power of St Brian. Revert to our proper colours of navy blue and white and all our problems will be over. We'll get promoted and win the Premier League a year or two later. 

Simple. #FACT

They need to put the thin vertical white stripe back on the sides of the shorts. Its not us without that.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not the usual slump starting early its just we've played teams that are better that us. In recent seasons we’ve gone on mad runs of being un beaten then had a slump. This season seems more evened out results wise. Couple of wins then s couple of draws & losses etc.

Honest assessment & man for man i think all the teams above us, plus villa and stoke below us are better than us. 

On our day & their off day we can beat them. Any one can beat anyone in this league. However i reckon over 46 games & because they have better first team 11s they should finish above us 

WBA & Stoke are held back by their managers. Franks doing a decent job & will make mistakes while he’s learning 

sixth in the table is where we deserve to be. Some good sides in the devision. We just need to add more quality in Jan. Also look at Fulham last year added a bit of quality in Jan & were the form side in the second part of last season. 

We’re doing ok... i dont get all the negativity... add a couple in jan & push on again  

8 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

sixth in the table is where we deserve to be. Some good sides in the devision. We just need to add more quality in Jan. Also look at Fulham last year added a bit of quality in Jan & were the form side in the second part of last season. 

We’re doing ok... i dont get all the negativity... add a couple in jan & push on again  

The flawed assumption in your argument is that we will strengthen whilst the teams around us stand still.

And if us strengthening is reliant on getting rid of Butterfield, Anya etc then that's another massive assumption.

7 hours ago, David said:

Below is the possession table over the season.

Leeds top with 59.4% average

Derby 3rd with 55.3%

If Derby are “lacking” then I feel for the other 21 clubs below us that have seen less of the ball.

C044871A-5A65-485F-A1AF-0B17E74B0FB0.jpeg

Look at the worse discipline record. The dirty Red Dogs

6 hours ago, David said:

Your point gets lost when you talk about Leeds consistently having 70+% possession which is simply not true. Your very next line goes on to say:

”That is down to the coaching, a consistent style and a deliberately fostered team spirit. That is where I think we are lacking, rather than in the particular qualities of individuals.”

If you just want to talk about style and a more consistent philosophy, I haven’t seen Leeds play week in week out to argue for or against that, I saw them against Villa on Sunday and they looked every bit as good as they did against us at Pride Park earlier in the season but I’m sure they’ve had bad games as we have.

Finally you said “If you haven't already, watch the last five minutes of their game yesterday, and then imagine that being us. “

I’ve seen Derby destory teams for longer than 5 minutes ourselves this season so no need to imagine it, first half v Boro was some of the best football we’ve played for a long time, West Brom away smashing them 4-1, Leeds went to West Brom and got smashed 4-1, Old Trafford and even Stamford Bridge we looked a very very good team earning plaudits all over.

Even yesterday for half hour we controlled the game and a stat popped up showing we had 79% possession.

Derby are not a bad team, take a look at the view from the outside thread, many clubs fans have been impressed by us and @RamNuts post above with numbers would suggest no slump has taken place, in fact we’ve been pretty consistent. 

Just need to step it up a bit now.

The possession and shots at goal lack one ingrediant, the ball hitting the back of the net. Besides the 4-1 mauling of the Baggies, we have'nt done it. I think frank needs to play Marriott and Waghorn together and see if it reaps the rewards of the possession and shots ratio.

1 hour ago, Inglorius said:

The flawed assumption in your argument is that we will strengthen whilst the teams around us stand still.

And if us strengthening is reliant on getting rid of Butterfield, Anya etc then that's another massive assumption.

Not really. everyone above Fulham last season ‘strengthened’ .... but they managed to catch up & go up 

We just need a bit of extra quality... every team will bring in new faces but they wont strengthen every team in equal measures will they? In some cases it might weaken & disjoint some teams but thats football.

i imagine we’d probably bring in another loan. We cant shift the ‘deadwood’ but we have a few  out of contract end of the season. Make sense to loan & wait until contracts are up. Plus there are probsbly better players available through loans than there would be to buy 

Just dont get the doom and gloom. Were playing better football than under Rowett, we are in the playoff places & we have a transfer window coming up 

There is no curse. Unlike Leeds Derby weren't 100% ready for the start of the season with new signings such as Waghorn and Marriott unfit to play. Losing against Millwall, Bolton and Rotherham has cost us dearly. Five points against those teams and the world would be a different place. Not having a decent backup striker is also a problem. Nugent is finished.

On 27/12/2018 at 13:15, David said:

Ok, you want me to watch Leeds to see a team coming from behind showing a winning mentality right and forget about your fake stats.

Why wouldn’t I just watch Derby who have done this several times this season already? 

Bristol City we conceded first. Drew.

Sheff Wed we conceded first. Won.

Birmingham we conceded first. Won.

Norwich we conceded first. Drew.

Man Utd we conceded first. Drew.

Brentford we conceded first. Won.

Reading we conceded first. Won. Absolute scenes.

Or is there another point somewhere else.

Norwich we conceded first. Won.

That winning mentality @Lambchop, how did Leeds do today? ??

Archived