No more Chelsea loans please

MackworthRamIsGod

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Don’t want to seem harsh on the lad but Mount hasn’t been as impressive as the Chelsea fans made him out to be. He’s been good for a young player but not outstanding.  I suppose when Chelsea haven’t had too many players have come through your academy and been successful , it’s probably natural that Chelsea would hype him to be something that he’s not. Not a criticism of him personally, but maybe it’s a warning to us in the future with someone like Sibley-not to overrate him and to say something like he’s the new Lampard like Chelsea fans did/do.

Frank was apparently jeered by his own fans in his first season, not sure how you can claim a player is as good as fans rate him based on 20 odd games you have seen - maybe fans should consider this when they set their expectations of players that are still in their teens.   

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Frank was apparently jeered by his own fans in his first season, not sure how you can claim a player is as good as fans rate him based on 20 odd games you have seen - maybe fans should consider this when they set their expectations of players that are still in their teens.   

Whilst I understand your point about not judging a player in his teens, he played 40 odd games for a Europa league side last season. It doesn’t help when Chelsea fans said that Mount would easily be the best player in the league

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Whilst I understand your point about not judging a player in his teens, he played 40 odd games for a Europa league side last season. It doesn’t help when Chelsea fans said that Mount would easily be the best player in the league

He still may be, I wouldn’t write him off just yet, this is a gruelling league and it’s a long season, we also need other players to step all to the mark that may give him that additional space to show is what he can do on a consistent basis.

For me the lad has class, will he be the next FL, too early to say, but he improves us as a team and that will do for me, and don’t really care what Chelsea fans say about him

19 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Finding a way to dig out Keogh in a thread about Chelsea loanees ?? the lengths some will go to eh?!

Who is ‘digging Keogh out’?

I like Keogh and I think he’s a top Championship defender, but a leader and a colossus he is not.

He’s a very good defender and one of the best at this level, but it’s all about blend. He needs someone with more presence like Davies, Shackell or Pearce to lighten the load, so he’s not taking on too much responsibility.

In the current team, he has too much on his shoulders. He has to be the leader, the mentor, the organiser, the galvaniser, even the bloody orchestrator! It’s too much.

I am not criticising Keogh here. The point is that Keogh and Tomori is not a good blend moving forward.

It ought to be one or the other, paired with a more experienced player with leadership and presence.

Davies is a big miss.

1 hour ago, Ramslad1992 said:

What a stupid knee jerk reaction thread ? Tomori had a bad game but has been pretty solid all season and Mount was one of our better players today.

Mount fair play 

im not a fan in the slightest of tomori 

Young and promising yes, but my god is that boy raw 

he reminds me of dean “switch off” Leacock 

when plays infront of him no problem, big strong etc etc 

but give him a forward with the slightest bit of intelligence and who can find space and he’s in no mans land 

The chances he let billy sharpe have today we’re carbon copies of the ones he let Kemal roofe have against us for Leeds 

he, like keogh last season would probably benefit from having a proper defender/ old head next to him like Curtis Davies but together they look a mess when the ball starts getting fired in and people start moving into space around them

today was painful 

how many clean sheets have we kept with those two together ?

45 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

What massive influence, he has come on on loan and performed well overal. He was and still is a good player, that’s why he was loaned in.

Come back Tom Lawerence, this forum appears to have missed you as a scapegoat and appear to be lining up any and everyone in your absence.

Who is being scapegoated?

No-one is saying Mount is or has been awful or terrible.

I am just saying that he hasn’t lived up to expectations. But maybe the expectations were too big in the first place. Is that really harsh?

As McLovin alluded to, Mount came here with a big reputation. A reputation as Chelsea’s brightest prospect and the talk of him being the next Lampard. A reputation so big that he was already training with the senior England squad.

Everyone thought he would come here and be our best player and the outstanding talent in the division, hitting double figures for goals and assists.

Clearly we all expected too much.

48 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Don’t want to seem harsh on the lad but Mount hasn’t been as impressive as the Chelsea fans made him out to be. He’s been good for a young player but not outstanding.  I suppose when Chelsea haven’t had too many players have come through your academy and been successful , it’s probably natural that Chelsea would hype him to be something that he’s not. Not a criticism of him personally, but maybe it’s a warning to us in the future with someone like Sibley-not to overrate him and to say something like he’s the new Lampard like Chelsea fans did/do.

To be fair, he’s only got Wilson and Marriott for company...

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Who is being scapegoated?

No-one is saying Mount is or has been awful or terrible.

I am just saying that he hasn’t lived up to expectations. But maybe the expectations were too big in the first place. Is that really harsh?

As McLovin alluded to, Mount came here with a big reputation. A reputation as Chelsea’s brightest prospect and the talk of him being the next Lampard. A reputation so big that he was already training with the senior England squad.

Everyone thought he would come here and be our best player and the outstanding talent in the division, hitting double figures for goals and assists.

Clearly we all expected too much.

You seem to be missing the answer to the question I asked “Usually we wouldn’t expect a 19-year-old loanee to come in and have such a massive influence. Why was Mount so different?” is what you wrote. I am asking what is the massive influence you mention? 

Serms pretty easy to see why he was brought in, however once again who set these expectations you allude to, don’t think he did, pretty sure Lanpard didn’t, so who set these that according to you he isn’t living up to?

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It is all well and good Chelsea sending young players to cut their teeth in the lower leagues, but those players have to be good enough, it cannot be at the expense of our promotion push.

Tomori - continuously makes mistakes, big mistakes, it is almost like he watched Keoghs game and thinks he will have a bit of that. I do think Tomori will be a big player in the future, but that doesn't help us now.

Mount - where has he been for the last few weeks? I haven't really seen him do anything to influence the match in a long time. Again he will be a good player in the future, but certainly not good enough for Chelsea let alone England. 

If we are going to loan players that have little influence on our team I would much rather give our own young players a run out. 

One word is sufficient - PATHETIC post

Chelsea sent Mount here to continue his education after his bright start he is being presented with a whole new set of problems has sides set out to negate him.There were signs on Saturday and especially first half today that he is starting to work them out with better midfield players around him it will bear fruit.You see it clearly when Wilson is close by and there interchanges.....players should never be labelled the new anybody...they are just who they are.

Enjoy him whilst he is here because we have nobody close to his ability in our academy with the exception potentially of Sibley.

2 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Who is ‘digging Keogh out’?

I like Keogh and I think he’s a top Championship defender, but a leader and a colossus he is not.

He’s a very good defender and one of the best at this level, but it’s all about blend. He needs someone with more presence like Davies, Shackell or Pearce to lighten the load, so he’s not taking on too much responsibility.

In the current team, he has too much on his shoulders. He has to be the leader, the mentor, the organiser, the galvaniser, even the bloody orchestrator! It’s too much.

I am not criticising Keogh here. The point is that Keogh and Tomori is not a good blend moving forward.

It ought to be one or the other, paired with a more experienced player with leadership and presence.

Davies is a big miss.

Literally the opening post of this thread.

By all means, question the loan signings. Wilson is good, Mount slightly above par and Tomori probably about par, but using it for ANOTHER dig at Keogh as the OP did is just pointless. We have so many threads criticising him which is actually useful as I know I can ignore all the muppets that post in it, that we don’t need it brought up here as well.

(I actually agree with you. They aren’t a good partnership and Keogh is much better than Fik).

15 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Literally the opening post of this thread.

By all means, question the loan signings. Wilson is good, Mount slightly above par and Tomori probably about par, but using it for ANOTHER dig at Keogh as the OP did is just pointless. We have so many threads criticising him which is actually useful as I know I can ignore all the muppets that post in it, that we don’t need it brought up here as well.

(I actually agree with you. They aren’t a good partnership and Keogh is much better than Fik).

Sorry about that. Now I see what you mean. ?

16 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It is all well and good Chelsea sending young players to cut their teeth in the lower leagues, but those players have to be good enough, it cannot be at the expense of our promotion push.

Tomori - continuously makes mistakes, big mistakes, it is almost like he watched Keoghs game and thinks he will have a bit of that. I do think Tomori will be a big player in the future, but that doesn't help us now.

Mount - where has he been for the last few weeks? I haven't really seen him do anything to influence the match in a long time. Again he will be a good player in the future, but certainly not good enough for Chelsea let alone England. 

If we are going to loan players that have little influence on our team I would much rather give our own young players a run out. 

Someone close this thread down.. Definite Forest fan ??

Tomori has been close to our player of the season up until the last game. 

Mount got in the England squad only four weeks ago. 

Love watching Mount play, his movement is good, he looks to make things happen. Can’t agree with the accusation he isn’t giving everything. Love watching Wilson, especially with a dead ball. 

I’m sure if our youngsters were as good as mount, Wilson and tomori they would be getting game time. 

Would we all be happy if three of our own young players thrown into this team in place of them and were we lower mid table and losing games? Doubt it.

While Frank builds his team, we need these three in the side this season.

19 hours ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Laughable if you want to attack Mount for today!  Probably 8 players you could criticise before him.  Without our 'loans' we would be mid table!

Which is strange because you attack Keogh on another thread when  there were probably 9 or 10 players that you could criticise before him.

Archived