Frank - The Signings So Far...

Sheikh n Bake

3 hours ago, Topram said:

Can tell why defenders never really win the ballon Dor and PFA player of the year and stuff, for me Tomori has been the best signing so far he’s going to go far! Been the most consistent of them all

He is the only one we stand a chance of signing permanently 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wilson reminds me of Lupoli.

he actually would be better off signing for us, rather than drifting around hoping to get the odd game for Liverpool.

What did Lupoli ever achieve after leaving us?

zero appearances in serie A

9 appearances in the championship - 2 for sheff utd, 7 for norwich

Currently playing in the italian third division

played for 12 clubs since leaving us 

On 24/12/2018 at 10:38, Nick_Ram said:

What are everyone's thoughts on his ability in the transfer market so far? Whilst Pep can sign whoever he likes for Man City, lower league managers even with an open cheque book may struggle to attract a good calibre of player, so its not just value for money that signings should be graded on. Here are my thoughts so far:

Harry Wilson: This lad is exciting to watch. He's clearly more than good enough for this level and Frank did well to sign him over plenty of competition.

Mason Mount: Another class signing in my opinion.  A future England international. Great to see him in a Derby shirt working his magic.

Florian Jozefzoon: 6 Doesn't quite have the end product for me. I'm not writing him off yet, but I reckon he'll make a decent squad player at best. Probably out shined by Wilson.

Jack Marriott: 9 He's hit some real form. I also love his movement off the ball. Looks like he's got a real future and signed permanent, which means we can only profit from this deal. 

George Evans: Signed for very little, but achieved very little. I'll give him time.

Duane Holmes: An exciting player who is yet to stamp his mark as a regular. I reckon his time will come down the season to stamp his mark.

Scott Malone: An integral part of the team now. An exciting player to watch and has made a real impact already, Would have liked to have seen Lowe given a chance, but can't be relied upon alongside Fozzy to remain injury free.

Martyn Waghorn: Cost a lot of money and simply hasn't delivered to his price tag so far. Still willing to give the lad time, but I think this is Franks worst signing (not in terms of quality, but the cost associated with the deal).

Fikayo Tomori: I wanted to cry after watching him on his debut, he looked all over the place. However, ever since he's continued to prove me wrong. His pace at the back is refreshing and has saved our bacon on numerous occasions.

Just my view so far. I think Wilson, Mount and Marriott have been some of the best signings we've made in previous years. I also think the loan market has been great value and may be the only way we can add real quality in January. If I was to make a permanent signing, it would be Centre Mid with  most of our CM's going out of contract in the summer.

What are everyone elses thoughts? 

Marriott looks a decent signing, ditto Holmes if he gets his chance next season. 

On 24/12/2018 at 18:43, Rambalin said:

In my opinion Tomori is fine in the air...only struggles against big strikers whose strength it is...Keogh is similar.On ly Curtis is happy against them and he is more a old school centre half.

Evans is a poor signing so far injury prone and was before his signing..cheap so maybe worth taking a chance.Shown nothing yet in any game including U23 where Thorne shows he is in a different class to Evans.

Jofezoon needs games similar at Brentford till he got a run of games

Waghorn and Holmes ok need more game time before a full judgement can be made.

Malone just has advertised by his previous clubs good going forward defensively suspect.

Wilson, Marriott and Mount excellent and can and will get better.

Re tomori only struggles against big strikers 

I put to u billy sharpe and Kemal roofe 

he struggles when balls are delivered into the box, he loses concentration, flight of the ball and most importantly his man... or they lose him all too easily 

he’s a rookie defender plying his trade and his lack of experience is there for all to see 

I’m not a fan sorry, has some good moments and has the attributes to be a good defender but right now I’m really not feeling him personally 

The loanees are decent considering their age, but unless we get promoted I’ve no idea what we gain in them being here. 

Marriott is the one positive acquisition. But at the price we paid, we aren’t likely to make money on him down the line. 

Holmes and  Evans I’m assuming are on low wages and seen as replacements long term for Butterfield and Thorne. Sadly, they aren’t a patch on them ability wise. 

Waghorn was a bizarre signing at the time. The fact Frank doesn’t seem to fancy him already says a lot. 

Malone is ok, no more, no less. 

Big rebuild next summer considering the players expected to leave. Be interesting to see what we do in January. 

I don’t think we are promotion material, but I didn’t expect us to be. Hopefully the club has a plan in place from next summer onward. 

22 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Marriott is the one positive acquisition. But at the price we paid, we aren’t likely to make money on him down the line. 

Really?!

He reportedly cost us £3m rising to £5m.

I'd fully expect us to at least double that were he sold, even now.

1 hour ago, Stedcfc said:

Is it just me that thinks Scott Malone is rubbish?!

However much the undisclosed fee was it was probably too much.

He's a decent attacking left-sided midfield player, but very poor at defending.

Just now, KCG said:

He's a decent attacking left-sided midfield player, but very poor at defending.

He also needs a run of games, our inconsistency is likely to be from no one holding down a position, one minute nugent is back in with Zoon then it’s wilson back in the middle next game he’s out wide 

3 hours ago, MK said:

Interesting stat this. 

It is.

But then again we no longer have vydra (21 goals), Weimann (5 goals), Jerome (6 goals), winnall (6 goals), Russell (4 goals) and Palmer (2 goals); and nugent (9 goals)and  johnson (4 goals) are no longer regular starters so its not exactly surprising. In fact the only player left from last season who might be expected to chip in with a few is Lawrence who has scored 4.

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

It is.

But then again we no longer have vydra (21 goals), Weimann (5 goals), Jerome (6 goals), winnall (6 goals), Russell (4 goals) and Palmer (2 goals); and nugent (9 goals)and  johnson (4 goals) are no longer regular starters so its not exactly surprising. In fact the only player left from last season who might be expected to chip in with a few is Lawrence who has scored 4.

Why let a few facts ruin a good story?

For myself for his first transfer window, Frank did some great business, in Wilson and Mount we have 2 great loans in, in Marriott we have a great forward, who will get better and better,  Holmes has a lot of promise, Jozefzoon, can get better and will, Waghorn has showed promise, and there is more to come from him, Tomori, has bags of ability and will get better, Malone is the only one I am not that impressed with, although against WBA away, he showed what he is capable off, also like how Frank has given youth a chance Bogle playing plenty of games, Bennett starting antill injury struck, and Young Bird around the team, for me the future looks bright. In Frank I trust. P.s nearly forgot Evans this lad could be want we have been missing for a while , a good defensive midfielder, give him a run of games, and I am sure he will shine.

Archived