First out the door

Poynton ram

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Seaside Sam said:

called pride mate,he ought to look it up in the dictionary

He's not likely to get an alternative offer as things stand.

15 hours ago, whiteroseram said:

Exactly! To be fair from what I’ve seen and heard he’s worked hard and put effort in with the U23s and he’s been good with the young lads. Why walk away from a good chunk of money? 

A move or loan where we still pay a chunk so he’s not losing out sounds like the best bet 

Good chunk of money for 1.5 years followed by virtually nothing after that... or a reasonable amount for the rest of his career and actually try to achieve something. 

21 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Could be Frank if numpties keep booing at every sideways pass. We seem to have some real ? ends in our fan base.

I have one sat behind me in the East stand corner. All game doesn't shut up, constantly moaning, i nearly lost my poo against with him against Bristol. I honestly don'tknow why he bothers coming.

2 hours ago, Westcumbrianram said:

I have one sat behind me in the East stand corner. All game doesn't shut up, constantly moaning, i nearly lost my poo against with him against Bristol. I honestly don'tknow why he bothers coming.

You are not on your own there mate - I have two behind me in the South Stand. Do nothing but moan all game long. The manager's selections are always wrong; Keogh is a calamity; Bogle is carp; Huddlestone is a carthorse etc. Like you, it is all I can do to restrain myself. Bring on crowds of 21,000 if it means the bells like these are missing. Be a much better atmosphere. Away games are far better for fans togetherness.

1 hour ago, Seaside Ram said:

If Butterfield and Anya continue to put taking money before playing first team football wherever that may be then they are a disgrace ?

Save your vitriol for the individual (s) who decided to pay massively inflated transfer fees for the pair and also put them on long, fat contracts.

13 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Save your vitriol for the individual (s) who decided to pay massively inflated transfer fees for the pair and also put them on long, fat contracts.

Agree but I don't see why folk say 'i don't blame them for just taking the money'  Where is their pride ?  Do you say that when you see able bodied men refusing to take a job  getting all their rent n council tax etc paid by the system cos they have 5 kids but hey so what they are entitled to it , don't blame em ? 

2 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

Agree but I don't see why folk say 'i don't blame them for just taking the money'  Where is their pride ?  Do you say that when you see able bodied men refusing to take a job  getting all their rent n council tax etc paid by the system cos they have 5 kids but hey so what they are entitled to it , don't blame em ? 

Yeah but they aren’t refusing to do their job or take another job. Who’s made an offer? What was the offer? You haven’t a clue so why give them crap about it? 

If I was on £20k a week with 2 years left on my contract and someone offered me a 3 year contract on £5k a week I would stay where I was. 

Mom sure if a reasonable offer came in they would go. Anya in particular hasn’t got many years left and needs to make his money whilst he can

39 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Yeah but they aren’t refusing to do their job or take another job. Who’s made an offer? What was the offer? You haven’t a clue so why give them crap about it? 

If I was on £20k a week with 2 years left on my contract and someone offered me a 3 year contract on £5k a week I would stay where I was. 

Mom sure if a reasonable offer came in they would go. Anya in particular hasn’t got many years left and needs to make his money whilst he can

So you think it's more important to rake in as much money more than play football? He will still be able to do another job at 35yrs old but he won't be able to play football !!!!!

7 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

https://www-express-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/football/552342/QPR-Shaun-Wright-Phillips-unwanted/amp?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQECAFYAQ%3D%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.express.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2F552342%2FQPR-Shaun-Wright-Phillips-unwanted

Problem isn't a particularly new one singular to just our club 

On 23/12/2018 at 18:12, RamNut said:

Why should he walk away from a contract we offered?

I didn't say he should walk away. He has every right to see his contract out if he so chooses.

Nick Blackman went looking for football elsewhere in a similar situation and I respect this attitude far more than someone who knows they are on a contract far higher than their true value as a player and chooses to stay in the reserves rather than play football. 

Between transfer fee and wages he is looking at being one of the worst value signings we have made. However, this is the fault of Derby County and not him. 

On 23/12/2018 at 18:03, The Key Club King said:

He has failed to make an impact under four managers now. He has been frozen out completely by two of them. He is clearly not good enough and is a victim of nothing. 

Agree entirely, however if I was in his position and had the choice of fat wages being at a club with some kudos excellent amenities or take a massive pay cut to play for a lower league team ,I may possibly sit right and enjoy the vacation

Archived