Humbug. What do you hate about ?mas?

Parsnip

23 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Cheese.    

Why does she inflict all sorts of random cheeses on us. We don’t like em at any other time in the year, so why would we like them only at Christmas..

I like cheddar, nothing else. Just give me cheddar and I am happy. I don’t want anything that has blue in it. I don’t want anyth8ng that has fruit in it.. I like it to be yellow.. 

Cheese....its  all the devils own dick porridge...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23/12/2018 at 10:43, Parsnip said:

So I've just had to endure Sam Smith on my tv singing 'Have yourself a merry little Chtistmas' and it's given me the right hump. 

Normally Sam Smith is filed alongside Ed Sheeran as persona non grata in the Parsnip household but there he was, in my living room, in the name of Christmas spirit.

Which brings me on to 'Love Actually'. That's the only film that actually makes me want to throw a chair through the tv. Even just thinking about it now i feel like grabbing a chair and throwing it through the tv even though its not on. I might buy a really cheap second hand tv just so i can put Love Actually on and throw a chair at it.

Merry ?mas.

Best advice I can give is to turn the telly off and enjoy the people around you.

Not sure why we seen to save that for Christmas though.

Being unwell.

Over 2 weeks now I've had cellulitis, and I've just started my fourth course of different antibiotics - this time supplemented with steroids. Progress is painfully slow (with the emphasis on 'pain'), but there is some improvement from day to day. Missed the last few home matches and my holiday to Belgium for something that started life as a small seemingly insignificant cut on my heel.

To show my wife just how much I love her, I bought her 24 bottles of Tripel Karmeliet (her favourite beer) - but she shouted at me earlier today. Next year, she's getting Stella.

On 23 December 2018 at 16:55, Steve How Hard? said:

Wish I'd thought of that earlier. I've already declined my sisters offer by saying we've already been invited to my partners sisters. It's the missus that I now need an excuse for as she is under the impression we are going to her sisters. I've dug a right hole for mesen. Hoping it's an early start then I can make my excuses and leave early as I'm working the day after. 

Edit: I may have a reprieve. I was under the impression it was an evening kick off. Looks like it's a 3pm ko so I can watch the game and then turn up later for the shin dig. I've been stressing for no reason. What a numpty.

Oooooo eck I'll have to try and watch it on a gadget at the Boxing Day family lunch table. No gadgets allowed at the table.

Only time of the year that lunch is served at 3pm ish!

I'll have to wear my dickie bow tie and just laugh occasionally whilst I tuck nto my favourite cheeses whilst having quite a few sneaky peaks at my gadget!

Not forgetting I'll be having Porridge for breakfast, but not with the Devil or Dick!

2 hours ago, eddie said:

Being unwell.

Over 2 weeks now I've had cellulitis, and I've just started my fourth course of different antibiotics - this time supplemented with steroids. Progress is painfully slow (with the emphasis on 'pain'), but there is some improvement from day to day. Missed the last few home matches and my holiday to Belgium for something that started life as a small seemingly insignificant cut on my heel.

To show my wife just how much I love her, I bought her 24 bottles of Tripel Karmeliet (her favourite beer) - but she shouted at me earlier today. Next year, she's getting Stella.

Hope you feel better soon Eddie,Happy Christmas to you and the Memsahib

I hate the fact that I’ve bought a switch for the family from Santa Claus, and it’s been sat in my wardrobe for a month, waiting to be put under the tree. I keep getting emails from Nintendo asking how I’m finding the switch. Well I’m not, I’ve not even opened the bar steward box yet. Why do I have to wait a month to be able to play with it. Ditto with my wife’s hairdryer. She could have done with it a couple of times this month, but no, you must wait until Christmas. Just sat there being a waste of wardrobe space til then. We all know it’s there, but aren’t allowed to touch it. 

And I have the Boxing Day quandary too. I think it’s going to be a case of sky sports on my phone, and slinknoff for a couple of hours in the hope that no one notices. 

12 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I hate the fact that I’ve bought a switch for the family from Santa Claus, and it’s been sat in my wardrobe for a month, waiting to be put under the tree. I keep getting emails from Nintendo asking how I’m finding the switch. Well I’m not, I’ve not even opened the bar steward box yet. Why do I have to wait a month to be able to play with it. Ditto with my wife’s hairdryer. She could have done with it a couple of times this month, but no, you must wait until Christmas. Just sat there being a waste of wardrobe space til then. We all know it’s there, but aren’t allowed to touch it. 

And I have the Boxing Day quandary too. I think it’s going to be a case of sky sports on my phone, and slinknoff for a couple of hours in the hope that no one notices. 

Now we're the opposite... we buy each other stuff throughout the year.  What we want, when we want it.  Makes for an all round happier lifestyle imo... but the downside is, other than "a little something from the grandkids", there's eff all to open this morning!  LOL!  :-(

5 minutes ago, Gritters said:

If I am honest I don’t like anything about Christmas I would rather go away to a country that doesn’t celebrate the thing.

To keep everyone happy I go along with it all dreaming of nice hot summer days and watching Carry on Films.

Yemen?

15 hours ago, eddie said:

Being unwell.

I know you’re not my biggest fan at the minute Eddie but hope you get better soon, have a good one and plenty of Belgium medicine if allowed.

11 hours ago, Bigfella said:

Turkey. Horrible dry tasteless meat. I followed the Jamie Oliver method and pushed a full pack of butter with herbs under the skin before roasting and then basted repeatedly-still like polystyrene. We’ve decided to have lamb next year.

Don't tell me... you forgot to cook it upside down, didn't you!  ;-)

Archived