Humbug. What do you hate about ?mas?

Parsnip

So I've just had to endure Sam Smith on my tv singing 'Have yourself a merry little Chtistmas' and it's given me the right hump. 

Normally Sam Smith is filed alongside Ed Sheeran as persona non grata in the Parsnip household but there he was, in my living room, in the name of Christmas spirit.

Which brings me on to 'Love Actually'. That's the only film that actually makes me want to throw a chair through the tv. Even just thinking about it now i feel like grabbing a chair and throwing it through the tv even though its not on. I might buy a really cheap second hand tv just so i can put Love Actually on and throw a chair at it.

Merry ?mas.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, David said:

Parsnips. Used to like them but I’ve gone right off them lately. 

There are so many reasons to love parsnips. Glazed and roasted they're delicious, they add thoughtful and engaging content to forums and sometimes they grow funny and look like naked men.

I didnt realise that supermarket shut down for 3 months after christmas. I mean they must do having nipped into morrisons and the amount if people with trolleys over loaded, they cant just be buying for a glorified sunday roast they must be stocking up for the rest of the winter surely.

Cheese.    

Why does she inflict all sorts of random cheeses on us. We don’t like em at any other time in the year, so why would we like them only at Christmas..

I like cheddar, nothing else. Just give me cheddar and I am happy. I don’t want anything that has blue in it. I don’t want anyth8ng that has fruit in it.. I like it to be yellow.. 

24 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Cheese.    

Why does she inflict all sorts of random cheeses on us. We don’t like em at any other time in the year, so why would we like them only at Christmas..

I like cheddar, nothing else. Just give me cheddar and I am happy. I don’t want anything that has blue in it. I don’t want anyth8ng that has fruit in it.. I like it to be yellow.. 

? We’re not that different after all. 

"Simply having a wonderful Christmas time"

"Ding dong ding ding dong ding ding dong ding ding dong ding"

Simply having a wonderful Christmas time"

Thought the Beatles were supposed to be talented. That Paul is fooking poo

5 hours ago, Parsnip said:

So I've just had to endure Sam Smith on my tv singing 'Have yourself a merry little Chtistmas' and it's given me the right hump. 

Normally Sam Smith is filed alongside Ed Sheeran as persona non grata in the Parsnip household but there he was, in my living room, in the name of Christmas spirit.

Which brings me on to 'Love Actually'. That's the only film that actually makes me want to throw a chair through the tv. Even just thinking about it now i feel like grabbing a chair and throwing it through the tv even though its not on. I might buy a really cheap second hand tv just so i can put Love Actually on and throw a chair at it.

Merry ?mas.

The rooted vegetable doth protest too much, methinks.

#actuallyloveloveactually

14 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Boxing Day parties. Nobody has thrown one in our family for years, yet this year we've been invited to one from both sides of our respective families. Do they not know that the Rams are live on the telly box? How the chuff am I gonna get out of both of these? I've not quite worked it out yet but I will. ??

Couldn't be easier. Say you don't want to offend one family by attending one and not the other so will be staying at home

58 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Thanks. ?

24 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Couldn't be easier. Say you don't want to offend one family by attending one and not the other so will be staying at home

Wish I'd thought of that earlier. I've already declined my sisters offer by saying we've already been invited to my partners sisters. It's the missus that I now need an excuse for as she is under the impression we are going to her sisters. I've dug a right hole for mesen. Hoping it's an early start then I can make my excuses and leave early as I'm working the day after. 

Edit: I may have a reprieve. I was under the impression it was an evening kick off. Looks like it's a 3pm ko so I can watch the game and then turn up later for the shin dig. I've been stressing for no reason. What a numpty.

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Wish I'd thought of that earlier. I've already declined my sisters offer by saying we've already been invited to my partners sisters. It's the missus that I now need an excuse for as she is under the impression we are going to her sisters. I've dug a right hole for mesen. Hoping it's an early start then I can make my excuses and leave early as I'm working the day after. 

Edit: I may have a reprieve. I was under the impression it was an evening kick off. Looks like it's a 3pm ko so I can watch the game and then turn up later for the shin dig. I've been stressing for no reason. What a numpty.

On a similar note, used to hate getting presents and giving cards to relatives families or distant cousins; not so much bah humbug, just struck me as hypocritical, when they couldn’t give a toss about me or immediate family the rest of the year. You know the sort of vultures that turn up at funerals for a free lunch or to sus any pickings etc.

Suppose they thought I was a miserable bar steward when I stopped giving a few years ago, just hated the hypocrisy of giving to people I either couldn’t stand or who knew nothing about them. Would rather donate to charitable causes that needed it instead writing cards or giving to those that don’t and told a couple as much.

On a lighter note, my kids insist on charades or twister after dinner, just at a point when everyone is prone to exploding greenhouse gases, never ends well.

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

"Now the children sing their song,

They practiced all year long,

Ding dong ding dong ding dong".

I'm guessing they weren't the brightest kids!

ITV's main Christmas Day offering, The Torvill and Dean story.

If I wanted to spend Christmas Day evening in the company of a middle aged couple from Nottingham who fell in love, then out of love before staying together out of financial necessity, I'd pop round the neighbours, or visit the wife's family.

2 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

ITV's main Christmas Day offering, The Torvill and Dean story.

If I wanted to spend Christmas Day evening in the company of a middle aged couple from Nottingham who fell in love, then out of love before staying together out of financial necessity, I'd pop round the neighbours, or visit the wife's family.

Sounds like Clough and Taylor on ice.

Archived