Jozefzoon

DenbyRam

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What’s happened to wingers hugging the touchline? McMinn , Micklewhite , Callaghan players who got at full backs. 

Today we have wingers who’s first instinct is to cut inside, crowd out an already clustered centre midfield . 

So many times yesterday it was crying out for a winger to get on the outside of his man , instead we run inside , straight into trouble.

17 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Carson - one good save - super slow distribution 

bogle - first touch is starting to be backwards far to often 

Keogh - blooper today but the guy has more of the ball than anyone

tomori - he and Keogh struggled against the one forward 

malone - seen nothing better than Forsyth yet

huddlestone - slow with the ball today 

Mount - some good some bad ( similar mistake as Keogh)

wilson - most likely to get a goal today

jo flo- ineffective and zero cover for a full back which is why he will be nothing more than a sub 

waghorn - in his best position today, good goal shame he went off 

nugent - poor miss and unfortunately he has missed a lot of fairly easy chances this season and we need an upgrade ( I can’t believe that Martin would be any worse 

subs - nothing really 

over the game we gave so many openings to Bristol without them having to make any which was the most disappointing thing 

35 minutes ago, Key clubber said:

What’s happened to wingers hugging the touchline? McMinn , Micklewhite , Callaghan players who got at full backs. 

Today we have wingers who’s first instinct is to cut inside, crowd out an already clustered centre midfield . 

So many times yesterday it was crying out for a winger to get on the outside of his man , instead we run inside , straight into trouble.

Totally agree with this 

Wilson one footed 

Waghorn one footed 

Josefzoon looks capable of going with right or left and can get to the by line and cross unlike the other two who have different strengths and weaknesses .

Give the bloke a chance ffs 

Are we already back to this entitlement attitude that has obviously served us so well in recent seasons.  Have a look at our clubs history in the last 30 years and calm down . We are about where we should be . 

16 minutes ago, KCG said:

Some seem to think that to be a Derby fan you have to see the game through rose-coloured specs and never criticize!

Hmmmmmmmmm

Dont think I’ve ever seen anyone say that.

Happy to be proven wrong though if you can quote someone telling others to “never criticise”!

2 hours ago, Key clubber said:

Interesting point.

To an extent I see it as just how he game has evolved over the years. For me the game seems to be played in the central areas more than it used to be. There’s a whole heap of reasons for this from the technique of modern day players right through to stats dictating he percentages of where the game should be played..............you could write a very long thesis on this if anyone could be bothered.

Maybe as the game evolves we will go back towards playing wingers. Who knows?

Ironically the last player we had that came close to a touch line hugging winger is the much maligned Mo Camara and he wasn’t like an old fashioned winger he was just more of a winger than most modern day wide players.

Before that then it would be Kevin Harper!

1 hour ago, smiths_tavrn said:

Maradona one footed.

Archie Gemmill one footed.

Roberto Carlos one footed.

Mohamed Salah one footed.

Kinkladze too and Ravenelli 

I am talking about wingers getting to the by line on their strongest foot, non of the above are wingers ... 

4 hours ago, McLovin said:

I joked about him being another Abdoul Camara when we signed him at the time, hope it’s not coming to bite me on the backside.

He’s in poor form but I don’t think Lampard’s helped matters. When he was playing well at the start of the season, including when he absolutely embarrassed the Hull defenders, Lampard suddenly dropped him for no reason. He then came back against Sheffield Wednesday, did well and set up Marriott’s goal and then he was dropped yet again! 

If he plays, I’d prefer him on the right rather than the left as he would be able to stretch the game more.

1 ineffective game doesn't equate to being in bad form... form is measured over a period of more than singular game ?‍♂️

I watched him doing some keepy uppy in the warm up a few weeks back.

he has got tremendous skill. And is a graduate of the Ajax academy.

but he is very right footed, which is a real handicap when playing on the left.

reminds me of dawkins rather than camara.

Am hoping he will get his confidence back and play like Albert Adomah at Villa who at times is unplayable (or certainly used to be when at Boro)

In terms of wingers seem to recall Paul Simpson putting some great crosses in both at the BBG and Maine Road when he played for City

4 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Can't be arsed to read this. Save for yesterday when, he was played on the wrong wing, he's looked a handful to me. Folk have short memories, it seems. Still, another cracking scapegoat so not a total loss. 

On the right he looks threatening, on the left looks like Camara

Archived