Jozefzoon

DenbyRam

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was calling him “the wall” to my mate yesterday at the match.

Always returns your pass.

Seriously though, he needs to get confidence to take on the man, We (and me) need to cut him a bit of slack too though, he seemed to be well marked down the left side most of the game.

First 90 minutes he’s played since 1st September, a game in which he scored and was given man of the match against Hull. He also played the full 90 against Hull a few days earlier and scored again.

Only way he will gain confidence is through game time, and not after the first full game he plays in 3 and half months to be written off as a raffle winner.

New team, 680 minutes of football played which is 7.5 games. Great support.

He’s got quality but his all round game isn’t good enough for me. One minute he does a nice bit of skill, next minute he touches it 20 yards in front of him and loses the ball. Granted however he’s playing the wrong side which was a major tactical duck up imo yesterday as he’s nowhere near as effective on the left. Needs to show himself to be more reliable on the ball and off it before he can get a regular berth for me. The new Abdul camara is harsh as he has more quality, but both aren’t reliable enough an option Imo. 

Looks a poor signing at the moment but there remains potential imo so we’ll have to see..

I joked about him being another Abdoul Camara when we signed him at the time, hope it’s not coming to bite me on the backside.

He’s in poor form but I don’t think Lampard’s helped matters. When he was playing well at the start of the season, including when he absolutely embarrassed the Hull defenders, Lampard suddenly dropped him for no reason. He then came back against Sheffield Wednesday, did well and set up Marriott’s goal and then he was dropped yet again! 

If he plays, I’d prefer him on the right rather than the left as he would be able to stretch the game more.

'just another Camara' give it a rest. I can think of three or four times yesterday where his quick feet got him between 2/3 players. I've been lucky enough to get the away games he's played in too and you can already see the effect Frank has had on him. 

Needs time to adapt and get a run of games. The same as Waghorn. 

54 minutes ago, DenbyRam said:

Looks like a raffle winner to me.

Just not good enough. Nothing but another Abdul Camera.

Could have spent the monies we paid for him elsewhere I suspect.

Yes he is quick as a flash.

Lampard needs to stop tinkering with the team, Jozefzoon was looking good and seemed to offer more than Lawrence and all of a sudden he wasn't played for a few games.

I can understand Lamps wanting Lawrence to come good like all of us, but don't stick with him if other players deserve their place.

That's the problem when you're fighting for your place is that you have to stand out.

Mount has had bad games, Wilson has, Hudds, Keogh, Tomori, Bogle, Lawrence...

But these players get time on the pitch to balance it out a bit. They get time to adjust. 

Right now Jozefzoon does look like Camara but he's having to force it to buy himself game time. He can't have an average game and then grow into it a bit more next week and the week after because he's not getting the minutes. 

Lawrence for example knows he will get a chance to put a bad performance right. Jozefzoon might not get a kick until end of Jan now! 

Who knows what he's showing in training but if it's not matching the current wingers then I'm sure he'll be gone. If it is then he's just going to have to be patient and make sure he doesn't perform like he did at QPR away.

I thought he did ok yesterday. 

Started quite positively yesterday before tailing off, but was well marked (perhaps he needed to do more to find space, get the ball and run at his fullback... generally yesterday I didn't think we carried the ball enough).  

Overall I think he had a poor game, but writing him off completely seems premature, churlish and, dare I say it, a bit childish.   We can't be having these little tantrums everytime so ebody has a dodgy match.  

Would have liked to see him have a longer run on the right than the 5 mins towards the end of the 1st half. Looks like a winger who wants to go down the outside rather than one suited to these "inverted winger" tactics that most teams seem to play these days.

Yet he was a standout performer in a good Brentford side, maybe we should cut him some slack the blokes hardly kicked a football and already were writing him off. 

So far this season according to some on this forum Marriotts a dud, Waghorns poor and Josefzoons a raffle winner

He did OK for a player lacking in game time was my take away, as in, was yesterday's performance enough to win the shirt, probably not, were there enough flashes of good and good attitude to suggest he'd get a bit better if settled into the side? I'd say probably yes. I don't think he's better than Lawrence but he's not decidedly worse.

Archived