Martyn Waghorn

Parsnip

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep love Waghorn, I’d have him up top with Wilson and Mount running off him.

Josefzoon, like a few of them, needs game time to create partnerships and understandings. Showed what he had in flashes today but showed little for it. Maybe needs to be a bit more of an out and out winger rather than one of these ‘cut in’ types we’re currently trying to implement .

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Fitness levels

Flojo was offering literally nothing for me in the whole game. Waghorn still was. So if he generally couldn't manage the last 15/20 mins put Bryson on and move Wilson out.

Ill chalk it up to poor decision making by the gaffer. It wasn't the only one today. (Not starting Jack)

17 hours ago, 86 points said:

Really good performance today. Would have been a clear MOTM candidate had he stayed on. He has his detractors but we're a better side when he plays IMO. Zoon the big disappointment for me. Looked a proper handful when he first arrived but has gone backwards ever since. 

Ageed, don’t get it but maybe it’s the old “not match fit” syndrome. ? 

• 3 months later...

Played like prime Chris Martin today. Really impressive performance. Just needs to find consistency in producing it. 

Waghorn had a really good game yesterday but the two blokes behind me still moan about him. When Mount scored his first they were moaning that Waghorn should have taken the shot. 

No praise at all for the awareness to put Mount through on goal! 

Archived