Martyn Waghorn

Parsnip

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a dud but not a centre forward either and yes we paid too much and about £2 million would have been about right but he does contribute from the flank 

more importantly we Need another centre forward to challenge Marriott as nugent for all his efforts is never likely to score more than about 6 goals a season for us 

whilst we are on about players not seen much, jo flo hasn’t exactly been appearing much or contributing a great deal ?

54 minutes ago, Dappled Ram said:

Now the word dud has been linked to his name he'll do a Marriott and make a mockery of the original post- at least that's what I'm hoping. Not really seen enough of him in a Derby County shirt to make any judgement yet and would like to see him on the pitch tomorrow.

If it worked like that we'd be constantly calling our entire team duds in an effort to win the league.

Unfortunately, the rest of us do not share Bris' magical affinity with being wrong.

21 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

If it worked like that we'd be constantly calling our entire team duds in an effort to win the league.

Unfortunately, the rest of us do not share Bris' magical affinity with being wrong.

Perhaps we could give him a day-pass, encourage him to slag off the rest of the squad, then ban him again while we watch the lads storm the league? #justiceforbris 

16 minutes ago, Dappled Ram said:

Surely nobody took my comment as a serious one!!! Did they?

*sigh*

No - I used your post to make a humorous remark about Bris.

8 hours ago, Curtains said:

Don’t rate him as a CF or Winger but I am open to be convinced.

Says it all really that Nugent is picked ahead of Waghorn. 

I'm not a huge fan but the team has played better with him than without. 

Sorry to intrude.    Only there was talk just recent about the possibility of bringing him back to us in the next available transfer opportunity.    People (our fans) say he doesn't feature all too often in Derby's starting eleven, you know, would seem to get omitted from the starting squad on occasion..   Seems to have fallen out of favor at the moment for whatever reasons they deem necessary.

Point being, if it isn't working out for you - and you seem to have other attacking options that are deemed more dependable - then we'd sure consider having him back to add firepower to an already skeleton attack.   Sears is adequate at best but other options such as Jackson and Roberts for example are nowhere near reliable enough.    Lambert needs to add a forward name or two in January to steer the team away from the drop zone otherwise it's League One "football" for us from August and beyond.   I don't want that, sure as hell the rest of the fanbase would wish to avoid such a scenario.     Waghorn was a hit with the fans, he'd reach near legendary status if it meant he played a pivotal part in saving our asses with goals once again.  (If indeed any move back were to occur).

1 hour ago, Minneapolis American ITFC said:

Sorry to intrude.    Only there was talk just recent about the possibility of bringing him back to us in the next available transfer opportunity.    People (our fans) say he doesn't feature all too often in Derby's starting eleven, you know, would seem to get omitted from the starting squad on occasion..   Seems to have fallen out of favor at the moment for whatever reasons they deem necessary.

Point being, if it isn't working out for you - and you seem to have other attacking options that are deemed more dependable - then we'd sure consider having him back to add firepower to an already skeleton attack.   Sears is adequate at best but other options such as Jackson and Roberts for example are nowhere near reliable enough.    Lambert needs to add a forward name or two in January to steer the team away from the drop zone otherwise it's League One "football" for us from August and beyond.   I don't want that, sure as hell the rest of the fanbase would wish to avoid such a scenario.     Waghorn was a hit with the fans, he'd reach near legendary status if it meant he played a pivotal part in saving our asses with goals once again.  (If indeed any move back were to occur).

Do Ipswich even have the money to buy him back? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I assume Ipswich don't have a lot to spend on players? No way Derby would sell him now for less than we paid for him, some of our best performances had him playing. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I personally think Waghorn is still chomping at the bit to prove himself at Derby County. I think he'll get his opportunity and that he will take it.

Agreed. I think he's been very professional. His twitter is very supportive always and I think I've seen him involved in some off the field activities.

I don't believe a single story of any complaint has come out and even from Monday, I think the media was trying to make something out of nothing.

As Alpha says, team seems to better when he is in there and I hope he plays today.

55 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Agreed. I think he's been very professional. His twitter is very supportive always and I think I've seen him involved in some off the field activities.

I don't believe a single story of any complaint has come out and even from Monday, I think the media was trying to make something out of nothing.

As Alpha says, team seems to better when he is in there and I hope he plays today.

He certainly helps to makes things stick when he has the ball and that sort of hold up play gives the whole team a little bit of calmness when it's all a bit frantic out there.

I agree we have played our best football when he was in form and in the side...I think we have lost our playing style since he was a regular starter.

Having said that,he's not been value for money since we brought him in terms of goals I'd like to see given more play time to develop that side of his game here.

Archived