Drone at Gatwick

WharfedaleRam

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading some of the comments makes me think while i feel really sorry for passengers i also feel sorry for staff, they bear the brunt of people's anger, people complaining that no one is giving them information etc, maybe there is no information to give. Sadly people lash out, sometimes poo happens but taking it out on staff doesn't help.

This is a coordinated attack. It's not some amateur with their Dji drone. Those things won't fly within 2 miles of an airport. 

These are industrial drones, police are suggesting they could be being controlled from hundreds of miles away. 

Russians probing our defences? Wouldn't surprise me. They have an axe to grind. 

It's amazing to me that the MOD do not have any kind of defence against a drone attack. 

Three years ago there was a drone attack in Japan, with a drone dropping radioactive material on the Premier's offices. 

You would think that would be the trigger for our defences (who are some of the best funded in Europe) to put a plan together. But oh no. This is a genuine shambles. 

16 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

This is a coordinated attack. It's not some amateur with their Dji drone. Those things won't fly within 2 miles of an airport. 

These are industrial drones, police are suggesting they could be being controlled from hundreds of miles away. 

Russians probing our defences? Wouldn't surprise me. They have an axe to grind. 

They do if the operator choses to fly them there. There is no technical reason why not. 

I suspect its local neds.

Some expert now saying its an industrial drone which is bigger than off the shelf ones and can do more than 30 mins fly time. Its apparently been flying over the runway....

As long as it doesn't make its way to Birmingham airport tomorrow. 

32 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Some expert now saying its an industrial drone which is bigger than off the shelf ones and can do more than 30 mins fly time. Its apparently been flying over the runway....

As long as it doesn't make its way to Birmingham airport tomorrow. 

I’ll keep an eye out,CW,???

Not buying into this drone thing, are they hiding something? Just a little odd how this is now 28 hours on and nothing has been done about it, a few airports in Europe have shut or doubled in security over terror threats! Just all doesn’t add up to a ‘drone’

18 minutes ago, Topram said:

Not buying into this drone thing, are they hiding something? Just a little odd how this is now 28 hours on and nothing has been done about it, a few airports in Europe have shut or doubled in security over terror threats! Just all doesn’t add up to a ‘drone’

Which European airports have shut?

Archived