Centre Back and Midfielder required in January

Curtains

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I think you are onto something with the CD - with Davies out and Pearce unfancied I think that is bang on.

However with the midfielder I think with Huddlestone, Johnson, Ledley, Wilson, Mount, Bryson, Holmes, Evans, and even Butterfield and Thorne, not to mention the youth - what is elsnik doing this season? I think we would have to shift some to bring some in - even then unless there was a quality player available to push the regular first teamers out then I personally would not go there.

5 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

Personally I think you are onto something with the CD - with Davies out and Pearce unfancied I think that is bang on.

However with the midfielder I think with Huddlestone, Johnson, Ledley, Wilson, Mount, Bryson, Holmes, Evans, and even Butterfield and Thorne, not to mention the youth - what is elsnik doing this season? I think we would have to shift some to bring some in - even then unless there was a quality player available to push the regular first teamers out then I personally would not go there.

Well it looks like Thorne and Butterfield won’t figure in Franks 1st team plans.  

Ledley maybe .

Just think we need a Henry Newton type midfielder 

4 hours ago, Curtains said:

Thoughts 

Yes - I'd say 2x CMs

51 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

I've highlighted the CMs who are on contracts past the summer - Shifting the others isn't going to be hard - I think it's more interesting to see who (if anyone) gets a contract for next season

I'd put money on them triggering the extra year for Huddlestone

Bryson seems a Lampard favourite BUT he'll be looking for a nice long contract - 3 years minimum - And will Lampard want to commit to that?

Johnson, Ledley and Butterfield will go - Maybe not in January but I don't see them getting new contracts

Thorne I think seems to be out of plans for some reason (some suggestion it's financial)

So that would give us Huddlestone, Evans, Holmes, Bryson, Elsnik(?) - I'd be looking for a future CM star (or another loan like Mount if we had to)

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Well it looks like Thorne and Butterfield won’t figure in Franks 1st team plans.  

Ledley maybe .

Just think we need a Henry Newton type midfielder 

Can't agree with the Newton reference. If Rowett was still here then maybe but Lampard is going more for youth so 74 year olds are a non-starter.

Archived