Leeds United (A) Tickets

Day

Got my ticket today. Understand the points made about the expense of going. I have a season ticket and away membership. Been to 6 away games in the League and Manure and Chelski in the Carabao. Wouldn't like to work out how much this has cost me so far. I am semi-retired and not wealthy by any means. I could probably spend the money on other priorities, but, as they say, 'It's in your DNA youth!'

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Fraser_23 said:

Slightly annoying, that a 17 year old has to pay £25, saying as majority are still in education and have only a little bit of money from a part time job. Adult price is just ridiculous to watch 22 players try and get a ball in the opposition net for 90 minutes. #twentyisplenty

Derby have anyone over 18 as an adult even though most of those are still in education or the very bottom rung of their career. We have no room to criticise any other teams these days. It’s gone silly for pay per game tickets( 29 quid cheapest ticket to watch mighty Bristol) , although I fully accept season tickets are still very good value. That’s why in my opinion we can’t sell the ground out these days. If, when you are playing pretty good football and face your local and bitterest rivals. There are still over 1500 tickets not sold, whatever day or time of year, then you are out pricing yourselves. I would much prefer 33 thousand every game, paying less and spending more on the concourses. Than 25 thousand any day. False economy in my opinion. Once you lose these fans, it’s very difficult to get them back again  ( without promotion)

10 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

I kind of get your point with this, but even if the tickets were £20, your overall bill would only reduced by £34 to £366.

The only way to cut out the expense for those who cant afford it is to lift share (Leeds isn't that far from most Derby supporters) and don't drink and drive home.

£37 Ticket

£10 for fuel. Sorted

I still think the ticket price is high though

I agree mate. For clarity, I think the price is fair in today's market. The cost of public transport and wages being pretty much static for 2 decades are the real issue. You're obviously more disciplined than me too as I can't resist a good few beers, so driving not an option, especially with the lad in the car.

2 hours ago, Doodle said:

Derby have anyone over 18 as an adult even though most of those are still in education or the very bottom rung of their career. We have no room to criticise any other teams these days. It’s gone silly for pay per game tickets( 29 quid cheapest ticket to watch mighty Bristol) , although I fully accept season tickets are still very good value. That’s why in my opinion we can’t sell the ground out these days. If, when you are playing pretty good football and face your local and bitterest rivals. There are still over 1500 tickets not sold, whatever day or time of year, then you are out pricing yourselves. I would much prefer 33 thousand every game, paying less and spending more on the concourses. Than 25 thousand any day. False economy in my opinion. Once you lose these fans, it’s very difficult to get them back again  ( without promotion)

I'm under the impression that any monies spent on the concourses go to the subcontracted catering company, not DCFC.

I've got that off the internet though, so happy to be corrected, if I'm mistaken.

18 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm under the impression that any monies spent on the concourses go to the subcontracted catering company, not DCFC.

I've got that off the internet though, so happy to be corrected, if I'm mistaken.

They do indeed get the money from the sales. But the value of the contract goes to Derby. If you are selling your wares to 33000  people X 30 games ( inc cup fixtures). You will pay more than 210000 less people over a season (25000 per game) Plus if you have already shelled out £30 plus on a ticket, you are less likely to spend once in the ground. 

5 hours ago, 86 points said:

I agree mate. For clarity, I think the price is fair in today's market. The cost of public transport and wages being pretty much static for 2 decades are the real issue. You're obviously more disciplined than me too as I can't resist a good few beers, so driving not an option, especially with the lad in the car.

Not disciplined at all. I am with you and would drink and maybe stay over and make a weekend of it.

I was merely pointing out to those who can't afford it and complain that tickets/travel and food/drink would cost too much. 

They don't have to do it all.

7 hours ago, Doodle said:

One thing that occurs to me is the all seater stadiums that end up with odd seats dotted around. It amazes me that clubs don't have a section of unallocated seats so occasional fans can buy a few tickets together. 

Not everyone wants or can afford a season ticket but there are plenty who would go occasionally if they could get 3 or 4 seats together. its not much fun going on your own.

Why not have a block in each stand set aside for unallocated seats, you can buy tickets knowing if you get into the ground a bit early you'll all be able to sit/stand/bounce with your mates.

5 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

One thing that occurs to me is the all seater stadiums that end up with odd seats dotted around. It amazes me that clubs don't have a section of unallocated seats so occasional fans can buy a few tickets together. 

Not everyone wants or can afford a season ticket but there are plenty who would go occasionally if they could get 3 or 4 seats together. its not much fun going on your own.

Why not have a block in each stand set aside for unallocated seats, you can buy tickets knowing if you get into the ground a bit early you'll all be able to sit/stand/bounce with your mates.

Great idea

Tickets all booked for this earlier along with an Ibis at £29 ! Bargain , looking forward to it , hope we take a decent following and no Sky sports and being on a Friday night balls , I have a demanding Mrs ,two young children and a full time job if I can make it anybody can . 

First tickets sent out were normally crap seats as well. Either wait (which is what I do before buying) or return tickets once you have some so you're guaranteed a ticket.

Club needs to work out a better system to give away members better seats - hold some back for instance.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

First tickets sent out were normally crap seats as well. Either wait (which is what I do before buying) or return tickets once you have some so you're guaranteed a ticket.

Club needs to work out a better system to give away members better seats - hold some back for instance.

They won't do it. We've been battling them on this for seasons. We just buy and swap later but it involves a lot of to-ING and fro-ING with the ticket office. To be fair they try to be helpful but have to sell tickets in a certain order. Unless we get a whole stand that usually involves selling from the corner inwards so the away members inevitably get given the worst seats.

It's frustrating but an away membership only gives you first dabs at a seat, rather than a choice of where to sit.

21 minutes ago, angieram said:

They won't do it. We've been battling them on this for seasons. We just buy and swap later but it involves a lot of to-ING and fro-ING with the ticket office. To be fair they try to be helpful but have to sell tickets in a certain order. Unless we get a whole stand that usually involves selling from the corner inwards so the away members inevitably get given the worst seats.

It's frustrating but an away membership only gives you first dabs at a seat, rather than a choice of where to sit.

Thanks for the battles Angie. I get why they have to do it, but at the same time, you'd think they would try and find a way to reward away member fans a bit more.

Archived