Leeds United (A) Tickets

David

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate Leeds and their fans at the best of times. With them topping the league it'd be huge to take them down a peg or two, not to mention closing the gap to an auto slot. I probably want us to win this one even more than the Forest game, if that's possible. We're due a big performance and I hope we see it at Elland Road. We made them look like Barcelona at times in the game at PP so I hope we can be a deal braver in this return fixture. COYR

54 minutes ago, Gritters said:

A combination of £37 for a ticket playing on a Friday night and it being on Sky i’m Sorry to say I’m out.

Why are you sorry? Pays your money, takes your choice. Not sure why you've posted your preference to be honest. You and I have bashed heads at times but I know for a fact you are seriously passionate about the club, as am I. Admittedly, there are one or two on here who moan about attendances and berate other forum members for not attending games but I'm not sure why they feel their opinion matters, nor what difference they feel their protestations will make. I doff my cap to the Derby faithful, the season ticket holders and even more so to those who give of their time and hard earned to follow us home and away, but much as I love Derby County, looking after me and mine and ensuring I leave a nest-egg for when I'm gone are concerns that rank rather higher in my current list of priorities and I make no apology for it. 

Slightly annoying, that a 17 year old has to pay £25, saying as majority are still in education and have only a little bit of money from a part time job. Adult price is just ridiculous to watch 22 players try and get a ball in the opposition net for 90 minutes. #twentyisplenty

The price is what it is . I'm by no means rich but I want to go to this game so I will budget accordingly . Think it's going to bother Leeds financially if we somehow ridiculously boycott this game and watch it on Sky further funding the cash cow , the problem . If you genuinely can't afford it fair do's but if your just being tight your cutting your nose off to spite your face , go and support your team and you never no .... We might win .

10 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

The price is what it is . I'm by no means rich but I want to go to this game so I will budget accordingly . Think it's going to bother Leeds financially if we somehow ridiculously boycott this game and watch it on Sky further funding the cash cow , the problem . If you genuinely can't afford it fair do's but if your just being tight your cutting your nose off to spite your face , go and support your team and you never no .... We might win .

I agree with you mate with the following caveat. Two match tickets, two train fares, two hotel rooms plus beers dinner and other shenanigans would set me back over £400. I can stretch to that in the grand scheme of things but I do think it's a big ask for those who are less comfortable than I. This is not a dig at the club or the ticket cost as such, just an acknowledgement that after 8 years of austerity, it's no surprise that some can't. I think folk are expressing frustration more than anything, though I may of course be wrong. Without wanting to get in any way political (and I know you're not in any way suggesting folk should find the money, far from it) many folk face an uncertain future before these kinds of expenditures are taken into account. I'm being quite hypocritical here as I can afford to go but choose not to but it does pain me to see folk agonising over it. This will not be a popular line of thought but were we to be promoted, there would doubtless be a significant change in personnel where our fanbase are concerned as surely season and ad hoc ticket prices will rise sharply. Yes, it's the way of the world but it is a shame to see Derby diehards being priced out of watching the club they love. I know you're not suggesting otherwise btw it's just that you mention 'funding the cash cow' but for some it's not a choice. The reality is that if Sky is the only affordable option, then folk will take it up irrespective of their feelings about Sky's unhealthy influence or otherwise. It's a classic catch 22 ?

8 hours ago, 86 points said:

I agree with you mate with the following caveat. Two match tickets, two train fares, two hotel rooms plus beers dinner and other shenanigans would set me back over £400. I can stretch to that in the grand scheme of things but I do think it's a big ask for those who are less comfortable than I. This is not a dig at the club or the ticket cost as such, just an acknowledgement that after 8 years of austerity, it's no surprise that some can't. I think folk are expressing frustration more than anything, though I may of course be wrong. Without wanting to get in any way political (and I know you're not in any way suggesting folk should find the money, far from it) many folk face an uncertain future before these kinds of expenditures are taken into account. I'm being quite hypocritical here as I can afford to go but choose not to but it does pain me to see folk agonising over it. This will not be a popular line of thought but were we to be promoted, there would doubtless be a significant change in personnel where our fanbase are concerned as surely season and ad hoc ticket prices will rise sharply. Yes, it's the way of the world but it is a shame to see Derby diehards being priced out of watching the club they love. I know you're not suggesting otherwise btw it's just that you mention 'funding the cash cow' but for some it's not a choice. The reality is that if Sky is the only affordable option, then folk will take it up irrespective of their feelings about Sky's unhealthy influence or otherwise. It's a classic catch 22 ?

I kind of get your point with this, but even if the tickets were £20, your overall bill would only reduced by £34 to £366.

The only way to cut out the expense for those who cant afford it is to lift share (Leeds isn't that far from most Derby supporters) and don't drink and drive home.

£37 Ticket

£10 for fuel. Sorted

I still think the ticket price is high though

10 hours ago, 86 points said:

If we go up, (Or should that say when!) I don't think ticket prices will go up much. Ticket income reduces to 5-10% of the clubs income and the need to rely on it becomes significantly reduced. However, I don't trust Mel/Pearson not to do this.

I also agree that we would see a different type of fan suddenly come back.

Archived