Norwich Away

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Anyone on here going to this? No-one from my usual lot is going but I absolutely hate missing games and wouldn't mind going for a few pints pre-game.

I am, but going from Grantham. 

Would meet for a pints, but I can't be seen with somone who drinks Dark Fruits. Sorry x

8 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Anyone on here going to this? No-one from my usual lot is going but I absolutely hate missing games and wouldn't mind going for a few pints pre-game.

Only joking, youth. If you want a few pints on the day, pop me a message.

I’m going but more into Belgium / German beer or real ale. Cider and the likes ain’t my cuppa mateo. My round if I see you there though!

Anyway, anyone got recommendations for a decent boozer that’ll be the Norwich equivalent of the Brunny, Alex or Tap!

Or is there an Alan Partridge theme pub? If so, mines a pint, a big fat shot of Directors or a ‘ladyboy’ (lager, gin and baileys, before you ask). All this ruddy wine nonsense. Hope they don’t let farmers in!

Ah-haaaaaaaaaaa

7 hours ago, admira said:

Several of us coming from Ipswich - it's our other 'local' game! I've heard that the Compleat Angler is no longer the away fans pub. Can anyone confirm this?

I was about to mention Compleat Angler. I hadn't heard anything about it not being the away pub anymore, so would also appreciate someone letting me know the new location.

Also, we're getting into Norwich about 12.15 and happy to meet up for a beer. Two of us coming from Derby, plus meeting my dad and brother who now live in Norwich anyway. 

12 minutes ago, Paese said:

I was about to mention Compleat Angler. I hadn't heard anything about it not being the away pub anymore, so would also appreciate someone letting me know the new location.

Also, we're getting into Norwich about 12.15 and happy to meet up for a beer. Two of us coming from Derby, plus meeting my dad and brother who now live in Norwich anyway. 

We're getting there for about 11/11.30.

Enough time for 5 or 6. But no idea where to drink them. So would also appreciate any advice. 

57 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

5 or 6? You can have 5 or 6 without spewing? I salute you, Sir.

?

I know it's a bit tongue in cheek, but when I was 18-21 and 9 stone in weight, I'd have 4 or 5 and be pissed, feel sick etc. Blamed it on wheat intolerance or whatever else I could lol.

Now I'm 30, and I've been to the gym a lot and weigh 14 stone. 10 pints and I can still keep going. And it's not a good thing. Would love to get pissed on 4 pints now.

On 20/12/2018 at 10:09, admira said:

Several of us coming from Ipswich - it's our other 'local' game! I've heard that the Compleat Angler is no longer the away fans pub. Can anyone confirm this?

Unfortunately it's true. Spoke to the owner last year before i got the train for the Ipswich game and apparently it was Ipswich Forest and Leeds fans that caused too much trouble (one, i think he said Leeds fan) threatened to rape a barmaid so they packed it in and have had more locals in since so best decision they made.

On 19/12/2018 at 22:23, Tim Bucktoo said:

I’m going but more into Belgium / German beer or real ale. Cider and the likes ain’t my cuppa mateo. My round if I see you there though!

Anyway, anyone got recommendations for a decent boozer that’ll be the Norwich equivalent of the Brunny, Alex or Tap!

Or is there an Alan Partridge theme pub? If so, mines a pint, a big fat shot of Directors or a ‘ladyboy’ (lager, gin and baileys, before you ask). All this ruddy wine nonsense. Hope they don’t let farmers in!

Ah-haaaaaaaaaaa

Depends how early you plan on getting there and how far you're willing to walk.

Not many decent pubs near the ground and most won't let you in but about15 minute walk from the station is the Ribs Of Beef, very nice pub and should let away fans in but not sure yet. i may do a ring round on monday when i'm at work though and try and get a list posted of who will let fans in and who won't!

Just now, NorfolkRam said:

Unfortunately it's true. Spoke to the owner last year before i got the train for the Ipswich game and apparently it was Ipswich Forest and Leeds fans that caused too much trouble (one, i think he said Leeds fan) threatened to rape a barmaid so they packed it in and have had more locals in since so best decision they made.

Every club has its share of vile see you next Tuesdays but Leeds fans are the absolute pits. It's not even a small minority either. Absolutely hate the ******s.

23 hours ago, Paese said:

Last I heard there isn't an away pub but I'll let you know when I find one that lets away fans in. If in doubt i'll probably message your old man!

21 hours ago, Norman said:

I know it's a bit tongue in cheek, but when I was 18-21 and 9 stone in weight, I'd have 4 or 5 and be pissed, feel sick etc. Blamed it on wheat intolerance or whatever else I could lol.

Now I'm 30, and I've been to the gym a lot and weigh 14 stone. 10 pints and I can still keep going. And it's not a good thing. Would love to get pissed on 4 pints now.

Aye, just don't keep the progression going where you go from 14 to 18+ stone and 10 pints is genuinely the warm up ?. I was as thin as a rake 18-21 and progressively filled out in my 20s then got fat from late 20s onwards. Not good!

Archived