Jayden Bogle

QuitYourJibbaJivin

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23 December 2018 at 09:26, Boycie said:

Thought he played well yesterday, and was very unlucky not to win it late on.

Right now i'd take the £8m to fund a further rebuild. We were a shambles in that second half v united.

I thought he was the weak link on Sunday, he needs to be protected as he has a big future in football but right now he's getting targeted by teams. He was so wasteful in possession too. Would much rather see Wisdom at RB to tighten things up abit, that being said, we are so short at the minute and can't see anything other than Bogle RB, Wisdom LB for the time being. 

The money would be very handy indeed! I don't really think his presence has made any difference to results, and I think Wisdom and him are about the same when it comes to defending. Wisdom was fantastic for us a couple of years ago (plus he doesn't get bullied off the ball quite so easily) and he can do it again. Hope it's true - and take the cash! 

3 hours ago, rammieib said:

Can't people see Just how often he dribbles into dead ends?

You could see it that way, or you could see it as a young full back willing to run forwards with the ball towards the oppositions penalty area and back line. His issue at the minute is his decision making when he gets to that point. I like the fact he is willing to run at teams, it’s something we missed last season when we didn’t have the ball and were camped on the half way line

My godson plays for Reading u13s, and their coach in the summer was chatting to me about Derby, and he asked if I'd seen much of Jayden Bogle, and I said I had seen flashes of him in pre season, but he went on to say he was always a stand out player throughout youth football and said he would do well.

In 2-3 years time I think he's gonna be something special. Do we have the patience to wait that long? That's the question.

Short term gain Vs Long term potential

14 hours ago, r4derby said:

You could see it that way, or you could see it as a young full back willing to run forwards with the ball towards the oppositions penalty area and back line. His issue at the minute is his decision making when he gets to that point. I like the fact he is willing to run at teams, it’s something we missed last season when we didn’t have the ball and were camped on the half way line

Do you think he is much different from Cyrus? He was pretty much given-up on by many fans and I think they arent that different myself. 

14 hours ago, r4derby said:

His issue at the moment and for the last couple of months is he cannot stop crosses or wide players going past him.It is the same on the other flank to be fair on occasions it is good wing play but more often than not rank bad defending.

40 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Do you think he is much different from Cyrus? He was pretty much given-up on by many fans and I think they arent that different myself. 

The main difference is that Christie was 22 when he joined us - Bogle is still only 18 and at this level the 4 year difference is massive in maturity terms, both physically and mentally.

Even at this very early stage of his development I'd take Bogle over Christie every day of the week - give him another couple of years experience and barring serious injury he's going to be some player.

8 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Cyrus showed the flaws in his game over a number of seasons without really improving or changing them. Could bomb forward but didn’t have the composure in the final third and was occasionally caught out at the back.

Jaydon is still in his first season. You would hope he shows improvement throughout the first few seasons and learn the art of his role.

7 hours ago, Rambalin said:

His issue at the moment and for the last couple of months is he cannot stop crosses or wide players going past him.It is the same on the other flank to be fair on occasions it is good wing play but more often than not rank bad defending.

Agree with those issues. It’s a concern that our full backs tend to struggle with wing play, but this could be down to the way we’re set up. Every formation and approach will have weaknesses.

Archived