Jayden Bogle

QuitYourJibbaJivin

38 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

You only need a new manager to come in who doesn't "see him in his plans" to see him sold for £3m or less. 

And even that's only if he continues to improve - which is no guarantee. 

I'd like to see him stay - I agree that I do believe he is going to be a beast. But I've been wrong before, as have we all. I'd surely be tempted by £8m if a sell-on was included.

Ok, so he goes for £8 million. Who are we going to get to replace him? You'd think to match him, we would have to fork out some money to replace his talent and potential. 

Cyrus Christie, a player similar to Bogle in some respects would cost us 4 million plus, but Bogle is already better than him imo. Then factor in the higher wages and your 8 million isn't looking like a lot. Unless we can find a gem, but they aren't easy to come by and is risky,

It would have to be 12 million for me to even consider it.

I'd rather get rid of Bryson, Butterfield, Johnson and Thorne and bring in a CM or two. That would improve the team at little cost.

And by little cost, i mean they could all go for free, but the saving in wages would be huge. We're getting outplayed by Wigan at the moment in midfield. With 10 men. Any Cm would be an improvement on those 4. Even Robbie Savage would be.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rammieib said:

I'd drive him to Bournemouth for £2 million.

Can't stop crosses, positioning weak at times, not great in the air, scared to whip a ball in first time (Has got slightly better in recent games but still wants a touch first), feel like he's getting over confident and thus losing the ball, passing not great especially over the top balls.

I don't buy into the age thing - they can be 17 or 36, I look at the skill set they are bringing to the team at this point in time. the days of 'planning for the future' are long gone at our level.

RB is an area we must improve to stand a chance of getting top two.

Yes his big flaw is stopping crosses. But he is young and it is something they will work on with him. Being good at stopping crosses doesn't come down to any physical attributes, it's purely experience. Bogle also prefers to cut inside than cross the ball. 

14 minutes ago, Norman said:

Ok, so he goes for £8 million. Who are we going to get to replace him? You'd think to match him, we would have to fork out some money to replace his talent and potential. 

Cyrus Christie, a player similar to Bogle in some respects would cost us 4 million plus, but Bogle is already better than him imo. Then factor in the higher wages and your 8 million isn't looking like a lot. Unless we can find a gem, but they aren't easy to come by and is risky,

I'd rather get rid of Bryson, Butterfield, Johnson and Thorne and bring in a CM or two. That would improve the team at little cost.

And by little cost, i mean they could all go for free, but the saving in wages would be huge. We're getting outplayed by Wigan at the moment in midfield. With 10 men. Any Cm would be an improvement on those 4. Even Robbie Savage would be.

I can see us signing a CM on loan until the end of the season, in Jan. With the intention of them playing alongside Huddlestone. Leaving Bryson, Butterfield, Thorne, Johnson and Ledley with little to no game time. 

Just now, Uptherams said:

I can see us signing a CM on loan until the end of the season, in Jan. With the intention of them playing alongside Huddlestone. Leaving Bryson, Butterfield, Thorne, Johnson and Ledley with little to no game time. 

I will be honest, I had forgot Ledley existed. The 5 of them must be costing us 100k a week at the least and are offering nothing Ben Pringle can't do.

20 minutes ago, Norman said:

You don't, unless you find a gem in the lower leagues - you just get worse at RB and improve elsewhere.

All I'm saying is - holding on to a player because "he's gonna be great" or "he'll be worth so much more in the future" comes back to bite you 4 times out of 5.

I love Bogle, he's one of my favourite players. I don't want him to go. I just think £8m + some future-proofing sell-on is tempting.

No, no, no. 8 million might be a decent price, but I'd like to think we invested in our academy so we can actually see the players it produces play for Derby rather than selling them to the first interested party. As others have pointed out to those advocating the sale, we'll have to replace him and replacements don't come cheap. Day trading is a dumb transfer strategy as so much of the transaction percentage is gobbled up by agents who's fees add no value to our club.

Danny ducking Simpson? The mind Bogles.

1 hour ago, Norman said:

Andre Wisdom...

I don't want to get rid of Bogle - I think he's a great talent and will hopefully improve alongside the whole side as we progress under Lampard

However - I'm practical too - We're obviously under a mandate where we have to raise money to buy players - If £8m can be re-invested in CM or CB (where we'll be short come next season) I'd trust Lampard and team to make the right decision - Since (for me) we already have another top-end Championship RB in the squad

Rumours rumours rumours- if an offer came in that was decent the lad himself would want to go probably? Also wouldn’t we owe Swindon some money? But the main issue is that Mel has said many times that the academy has to bear fruit and pay for itself and fund the team 

Really don't get the hype ? he wasn't bad in pre season (ditto Bennett and Thomas), but looks off the pace for the last two months and in need of a break from the eleven. WTF is up with Wisdom anyroad? Was superb in an attacking high tempo side under Mac, just been binned and forgotten rather than try and bring that form back out of the lad.

Can’t believe what I’m reading on here. Rams fans lining up to agree to selling a talented home grown player like Bogle to a poxy tinpot club like Bournemouth - absolutely pathetic. He is part of the future of this club and we should be looking to keep him here, not looking to snap the hand off of a lower half Prem team that will probably be back in the Championship in a couple of seasons time. 

45 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Can’t believe what I’m reading on here. Rams fans lining up to agree to selling a talented home grown player like Bogle to a poxy tinpot club like Bournemouth - absolutely pathetic. He is part of the future of this club and we should be looking to keep him here, not looking to snap the hand off of a lower half Prem team that will probably be back in the Championship in a couple of seasons time. 

They will be in the Prem as long as Eddie Howe is there. Once a bigger club come In for him they will be on a downward spiral. Personally I would offload Bogle to finance squad strengthening. Also he is poor defensively, and you don’t get out of this league without a solid defence. I would also apply that criteria to Villa, you can’t concede 5 goals at home and be serious contenders. ?

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

Really don't get the hype ? he wasn't bad in pre season (ditto Bennett and Thomas), but looks off the pace for the last two months and in need of a break from the eleven. WTF is up with Wisdom anyroad? Was superb in an attacking high tempo side under Mac, just been binned and forgotten rather than try and bring that form back out of the lad.

Our best player in the last 2 games. The previous 5 or so games to that he did have a dip in form... which is perfectly normal for a player during his debut season. 

10 hours ago, SaintRam said:

He has a better pass accuracy than Tom Huddlestone. The only players who put in more successful tackles are Malone and Tomori. On average, someone takes the ball past him once every other game. Only Wilson and Mount create more chances. No-one takes the ball past the opposition more frequently.

Don't get me wrong, Bogle has a lot to work on, and he has some clear weaknesses - but I put him in my Derby Best XI before the season started and I maintain that he's easily one of our better players - especially if you remove all the players who don't actually belong to us.
It would be of no surprise to me if someone like Bournemouth were willing to gamble on his upside, and £8m is good value for it. He will improve his positioning, that all comes with experience.

Good post.

I'd be interested in knowing his number of passes going forward compared to Huddlestone?

Any stats about how often he loses possession?

He seems to take on players but only around the half way line. Very rarely does he overtake a defender and whip it in. I don't think he lets players go by him as he stands of them and allows them to cross it easily - that's my more cynical approach on that one.

Either way - Good educated post back. I still believe he is a weaker link in this side but I'll try and look at him in a different light on your points above.

Archived