Sign in to follow this  
QuitYourJibbaJivin

Jayden Bogle

I'd take £8m for him now, certainly. He's a good player and he's really done a great job, but £8m is very good money for a player that is still developing. I also don't think he's a shoe-in to play for England, especially as young RBs seem to be in high supply - Wan Bissaka and Trent Alex-Arnold to name a couple. 

He should get plenty of game time at Bournemouth, too, having just seen Ibe played RWB for them in their last game. Adam Smith & Simon Francis usually play there, I guess. 

In the past I would have said sell him for that. But why? What is the purpose behind selling him? We are in a position now where our recruitment and development process is top quality. We can attract top quality players for minimum fees, others on loan and then there are players like Bogle who are being given the opportunity and developing rapidly. 

We have an over inflated squad. Our focus should be on this and it has been. Evans came in as a medium to long term replacement for Lecdley/Johnson/Thorne. Holmes for Bryson. Lowe for example is being prepped to replace two of Malone/Forsyth/Olsson. Cost in acquisition fees £0.5m? Savings in wages when these players move on...

When we sell and we will because the academy has to make money I hope it is for the £8-10 million mark with significant sell on additions like what Sheffield United have been doing for years 

Bournemouth have been picking up championship talent for a number of years so it is highly credible IMHO and they have the money to pay premiership fees so £8 million is a standard rate for promising talent 

How much did the lad from Ipswich go for the other season? He went to Ballsmouth didn’t he?

Minge was it? I don’t think you pronounce the “e”

What happened to him?

7 hours ago, Derbados said:

Why don’t we actually try and hold on to a young, promising player for once instead of flogging them to the first sniff of an offer that comes along.

Im sure he can’t wait to sit on Bournemouth’s bench and play the odd cup game 

Let's be realistic 8m for bogle you can't turn that down 4m would be questionable 

6 hours ago, Uptherams said:

In the past I would have said sell him for that. But why? What is the purpose behind selling him? We are in a position now where our recruitment and development process is top quality. We can attract top quality players for minimum fees, others on loan and then there are players like Bogle who are being given the opportunity and developing rapidly. 

We have an over inflated squad. Our focus should be on this and it has been. Evans came in as a medium to long term replacement for Lecdley/Johnson/Thorne. Holmes for Bryson. Lowe for example is being prepped to replace two of Malone/Forsyth/Olsson. Cost in acquisition fees £0.5m? Savings in wages when these players move on...

I'll agree with the loans but attracting top quality players for minimum fees - such as who?

For 8M i would gladly pick him up and drive him there myself

Both Danny Simpson and Fuchs at Leicester cant get a game (apart from the crap cup last night) this would sort out both full back problems and still have a fair bit of change

22 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We can if we believe we’ll be able to get more in the future and/or we feel he can’t be replaced

Look what happened with Hughes tho had Liverpool knocking around 15m and didn't sell and then sell to Watford for about half we will be able to buy a better replacement with 8m 

Not saying we will sell him but if we do, this is incredibly short sighted. The lad has got a huge future. He will win England caps as I think he will be better than the likes of Wan-Bissaka and others. Walker is 28 and won’t be around forever, he’ll struggle to be an England regular as Alexander-Arnold, Gomez will have the place nailed for years post walker. He’s got everything to be a top quality right back just needs more games to learn his trade.

Lets say we get promoted, this season or next - then that’s one position we don’t need to worry about and we can invest in other areas. If we signed Simpson for example, we’d need to replace him as soon as we’re promoted. He’ll also be on bigger wages.

We should move heaven and high water to keep him! We can’t stop the lad voting with his feet though, if that happens then get as much as we can 

Would sell for 8 mill with add on's  for appearances and caps this sort off deal is what the academy has been set up for and Mel has talked about in a few forums.Produce players for the first team and sell on to help progress the senior side and ffp.

I remember being aghast when we sold Kevin Wilson but that helped to bring in a couple of players who lifted the competitiveness of the team.

2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

I'll agree with the loans but attracting top quality players for minimum fees - such as who?

Waghorn, Marriott...Holmes will be another in my view. We'll see about Evans. But let's be honest, teams pay up to £25m for a pair like that (Waghorn and Marriott). 

It’s all about the add ons with these I think. With the inflation in transfer fees a big sell on % is a must, even if he turns out mediocre we’d make good money on that. 

Obviously appearance based add ons and even a nice big add on if he plays for England. Also worth trying to get a loan or 2 in exchange, not sure who though 

It would be ridiculous to sell him in the January window and upset the balance of the team while we are in and around top six. Players get sold, that is football but at the right time please.