Jayden Bogle

QuitYourJibbaJivin

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Uptherams said:

In the past I would have said sell him for that. But why? What is the purpose behind selling him? We are in a position now where our recruitment and development process is top quality. We can attract top quality players for minimum fees, others on loan and then there are players like Bogle who are being given the opportunity and developing rapidly. 

We have an over inflated squad. Our focus should be on this and it has been. Evans came in as a medium to long term replacement for Lecdley/Johnson/Thorne. Holmes for Bryson. Lowe for example is being prepped to replace two of Malone/Forsyth/Olsson. Cost in acquisition fees £0.5m? Savings in wages when these players move on...

I'll agree with the loans but attracting top quality players for minimum fees - such as who?

22 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We can if we believe we’ll be able to get more in the future and/or we feel he can’t be replaced

Look what happened with Hughes tho had Liverpool knocking around 15m and didn't sell and then sell to Watford for about half we will be able to buy a better replacement with 8m 

Not saying we will sell him but if we do, this is incredibly short sighted. The lad has got a huge future. He will win England caps as I think he will be better than the likes of Wan-Bissaka and others. Walker is 28 and won’t be around forever, he’ll struggle to be an England regular as Alexander-Arnold, Gomez will have the place nailed for years post walker. He’s got everything to be a top quality right back just needs more games to learn his trade.

Lets say we get promoted, this season or next - then that’s one position we don’t need to worry about and we can invest in other areas. If we signed Simpson for example, we’d need to replace him as soon as we’re promoted. He’ll also be on bigger wages.

We should move heaven and high water to keep him! We can’t stop the lad voting with his feet though, if that happens then get as much as we can 

Would sell for 8 mill with add on's  for appearances and caps this sort off deal is what the academy has been set up for and Mel has talked about in a few forums.Produce players for the first team and sell on to help progress the senior side and ffp.

I remember being aghast when we sold Kevin Wilson but that helped to bring in a couple of players who lifted the competitiveness of the team.

2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

I'll agree with the loans but attracting top quality players for minimum fees - such as who?

Waghorn, Marriott...Holmes will be another in my view. We'll see about Evans. But let's be honest, teams pay up to £25m for a pair like that (Waghorn and Marriott). 

It’s all about the add ons with these I think. With the inflation in transfer fees a big sell on % is a must, even if he turns out mediocre we’d make good money on that. 

Obviously appearance based add ons and even a nice big add on if he plays for England. Also worth trying to get a loan or 2 in exchange, not sure who though 

13 hours ago, ramboy63 said:

For 8M i would gladly pick him up and drive him there myself

Both Danny Simpson and Fuchs at Leicester cant get a game (apart from the crap cup last night) this would sort out both full back problems and still have a fair bit of change

Jesus wept...have you not seen how FL wants us to play? 

Lets just rip up our current plan to buy these 2 over the hill full backs who'll be on astronomical money having won the league 2 years ago. 

On Bogle, I always feel like we do quite poorly in terms of transfer fees received. 

I'd like to see us push for £10m with loan back until summer. Otherwise we need to go out ourselves and pay over the odds for a right back this January as I don't think Wisdom is technical enough to play the marauding full back role. 

I'd drive him to Bournemouth for £2 million.

Can't stop crosses, positioning weak at times, not great in the air, scared to whip a ball in first time (Has got slightly better in recent games but still wants a touch first), feel like he's getting over confident and thus losing the ball, passing not great especially over the top balls.

I don't buy into the age thing - they can be 17 or 36, I look at the skill set they are bringing to the team at this point in time. the days of 'planning for the future' are long gone at our level.

RB is an area we must improve to stand a chance of getting top two.

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

Can't stop crosses, positioning weak at times, not great in the air, scared to whip a ball in first time (Has got slightly better in recent games but still wants a touch first), feel like he's getting over confident and thus losing the ball, passing not great especially over the top balls.

I don't buy into the age thing - they can be 17 or 36, I look at the skill set they are bringing to the team at this point in time. the days of 'planning for the future' are long gone at our level.

We all have to start somewhere and it is my guess that if a Premier club is looking at him at 8M.  Then he must be doing something right.

But I guess you are some kind of expert

7 minutes ago, rammieib said:

He has a better pass accuracy than Tom Huddlestone. The only players who put in more successful tackles are Malone and Tomori. On average, someone takes the ball past him once every other game. Only Wilson and Mount create more chances. No-one takes the ball past the opposition more frequently.

Don't get me wrong, Bogle has a lot to work on, and he has some clear weaknesses - but I put him in my Derby Best XI before the season started and I maintain that he's easily one of our better players - especially if you remove all the players who don't actually belong to us.
It would be of no surprise to me if someone like Bournemouth were willing to gamble on his upside, and £8m is good value for it. He will improve his positioning, that all comes with experience.

Can't actually believe people are willing to let someone who turned 18 a few months a go, leave so easily.

He's going to be a ducking beast of a player. 8 million is nothing these days. It gets you a Bradley ducking Johnson with a bit if change.

25 minutes ago, Norman said:

Can't actually believe people are willing to let someone who turned 18 a few months a go, leave so easily.

He's going to be a ducking beast of a player. 8 million is nothing these days. It gets you a Bradley ducking Johnson with a bit if change.

You only need a new manager to come in who doesn't "see him in his plans" to see him sold for £3m or less. 

And even that's only if he continues to improve - which is no guarantee. 

I'd like to see him stay - I agree that I do believe he is going to be a beast. But I've been wrong before, as have we all. I'd surely be tempted by £8m if a sell-on was included.

I would accept 5 million but with a 35% sell on fee and a 2 million bonus  if he plays for England. I would say he is a  very average championship full back at the moment becuase of his lack of defensive abilities but in the future he could develop into a top premier league player as he clearly has talent it  just depends on how much he improves which nobody can really predict.  

Archived