Jayden Bogle

QuitYourJibbaJivin

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I would happily take 8 million, although Bogle is growing into the role for me.

He reminds me of Cyrus Christie, only this chicken has a head.

Agreed. Will be a top player I think but that money will help us strengthen in other areas. Include in any deal % of any sell on fee.

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Ridiculous price at that... but, yeah, I'd take it!  :-) 

... Just not this week though, as I've just predicted him as my frgs v Brizzle!  LOL!

Hmm. I toyed with putting him as my FRGS as well. He is due one and getting closer.

Not sure how I feel about this rumour, I for one would like to think we are building for the future.

Can’t say I believe any club would be in for him at 8 mil, personally don’t think he’s actually got as much potential as People make out having watched him closely I’m recent weeks. He’s a gifted player who’ll go on to be solid at this level and perhaps the lower prem, but he doesn’t look to have the natural quality of a will Hughes, Tom Huddlestone etc. Well at least he certainly hasn’t shown enough of it yet to be valued that highly. From what I’ve seen of the pair I still personally think lowe has the greater potential despite not being at the same level of reliability yet and being older.

2 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

The lad's still waiting for a England youth call-up though. I find that rather surprising given his run of games this season.

It is crazy. He dominated u23 football from full back last year when given the chance, and despite the odd dip, has been every bit as good as Mason Mount has this season. To not even get an U21 nod is ridiculous. 

Seems he has had a bit of unfair criticism from people on here over the past 2 months - people forget he's not long 18 and he's better than Cyrus Christie was already. If he can improve his crossing, he will be a lot better.

He seemed really promising for the U23s for a good year or so, with both Rowett and Lampard naming him as our best prospect for the future (ahead of the likes of Luke Thomas). When he actually played for the first team, I was actually quite disappointed. For most of this season, I don't think he's actually been that good and, until a few weeks ago, I would have snapped your hand off for £8 million.

However, ever since the half-time at home vs Swansea, I think he's been fantastic. To me, he was our best attacking player at Wigan and I thought he did really well on Monday night as well.

Would I take the £8 million now? My honest answer is that I don't have a clue. I'd rather see if his current step up in form continues through to January, in which case I would fully back him to be a future Premier League regular. If his form does continue, I wouldn't be particularly enthusiastic about selling him, even for such a good fee.

47 minutes ago, Srg said:

Would only accept this if there's a ridiculous sell on included. He'll play for England.

It will be tough for him to get into the England squad. At the moment Walker and Trippier are the main right backs. It’s fair to say Alexander-Arnold will be the long term first team right back for England with Joe Gomez, Wan Bissaka, Walker-Peters and Reece James behind him. 

5 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Why don’t we actually try and hold on to a young, promising player for once instead of flogging them to the first sniff of an offer that comes along.

Im sure he can’t wait to sit on Bournemouth’s bench and play the odd cup game 

At our level without premiership money its the game we have to play. Hasn't Mel indicated we need the Academy to pay for itself? I suppose you could argue if we hold onto him & he gets better he is worth even more buts its a delicate balance between value and worth to the team/club. 

I'd take £8m for him now, certainly. He's a good player and he's really done a great job, but £8m is very good money for a player that is still developing. I also don't think he's a shoe-in to play for England, especially as young RBs seem to be in high supply - Wan Bissaka and Trent Alex-Arnold to name a couple. 

He should get plenty of game time at Bournemouth, too, having just seen Ibe played RWB for them in their last game. Adam Smith & Simon Francis usually play there, I guess. 

In the past I would have said sell him for that. But why? What is the purpose behind selling him? We are in a position now where our recruitment and development process is top quality. We can attract top quality players for minimum fees, others on loan and then there are players like Bogle who are being given the opportunity and developing rapidly. 

We have an over inflated squad. Our focus should be on this and it has been. Evans came in as a medium to long term replacement for Lecdley/Johnson/Thorne. Holmes for Bryson. Lowe for example is being prepped to replace two of Malone/Forsyth/Olsson. Cost in acquisition fees £0.5m? Savings in wages when these players move on...

When we sell and we will because the academy has to make money I hope it is for the £8-10 million mark with significant sell on additions like what Sheffield United have been doing for years 

Bournemouth have been picking up championship talent for a number of years so it is highly credible IMHO and they have the money to pay premiership fees so £8 million is a standard rate for promising talent 

7 hours ago, Derbados said:

Why don’t we actually try and hold on to a young, promising player for once instead of flogging them to the first sniff of an offer that comes along.

Im sure he can’t wait to sit on Bournemouth’s bench and play the odd cup game 

Let's be realistic 8m for bogle you can't turn that down 4m would be questionable 

Archived