Will Vaulks

therealhantsram

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Rotherham holding midfielder. Supposedly Derby, Stoke (as if they need more midfielders) and Norwich are interested. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6504691/Will-Vaulks-attracting-Norwich-eye-Rotherham-star-promotion-push.html

We don't need another holding m/f, we need someone with pace, energy and legs, an upgrade on Bryson....

8 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We don't need another holding m/f, we need someone with pace, energy and legs, an upgrade on Bryson....

Well, as someone else pointed out recently, at the end of this season we will only have Evans and Holmes on the books to fill 3 midfield slots. Sure there is Sibley and Bird as potentials, but they are still both very, very young. 

Vaulks was the best player on the pitch against us by some distance. He also had a blinder when they played Sheff Utd on Sky a few weeks ago. I would have to say on the two occasions I've seen him that he's impressed a lot, but it's not a lot to go on. 

I wouldn't class him as a holding midfielder, he's definitely someone who covers a lot of ground - more a Hendrick/Hughes type midfielder, positionally, than Thorne/Huddlestone. At least in the games I've seen. 

The way we play a pressing game means it makes sense to have a passing maestro at DCM and 2 energetic players in front of him, one to break up play and one to create.

You will note that Sarri uses Kante in a more advanced role now and Southgate used Delph to similar effect recently.  

1 hour ago, sage said:

The way we play a pressing game means it makes sense to have a passing maestro at DCM and 2 energetic players in front of him, one to break up play and one to create.

You will note that Sarri uses Kante in a more advanced role now and Southgate used Delph to similar effect recently.  

I think Evans will be that maestro at CDM eventually so its the 2 roles in front of him that we need to look at strengthening

31 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I think Evans will be that maestro at CDM eventually so its the 2 roles in front of him that we need to look at strengthening

Errrr...that's the point I was making re this signing....he would play in CM not CDM

11 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Whilst remaining optimistic what makes you think Evans will be a maestro at DCM - we have seen 20 minutes from him and Reading managed one season out of him - a decent player maybe but the evidence has not been seen on the pitch has it?

20 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Vaulks was the best player on the pitch against us by some distance. He also had a blinder when they played Sheff Utd on Sky a few weeks ago. I would have to say on the two occasions I've seen him that he's impressed a lot, but it's not a lot to go on. 

I wouldn't class him as a holding midfielder, he's definitely someone who covers a lot of ground - more a Hendrick/Hughes type midfielder, positionally, than Thorne/Huddlestone. At least in the games I've seen. 

Bryson 2.0 ???? 

14 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Whilst remaining optimistic what makes you think Evans will be a maestro at DCM - we have seen 20 minutes from him and Reading managed one season out of him - a decent player maybe but the evidence has not been seen on the pitch has it?

Mainly down to my personal opinion from what I have seen from him. I watched him closely for those 20mins and for me he offered something like when Thorne first arrived but abit more mobility, yes a short period of time on the pitch then bit once again my opinion from that and other times ive seen him. He is one of those players that in a match goes unnoticed by most but does a huge job for the team

Archived