Anti sky sports chants heard in Derby v Forest game

Sexydadbod

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Has there been any noticeable rise in away price tickets?

It depends because clubs are constantly changing their charging policy due to rules about charging the same for home fans. The large variation in prices gets me, ranging from £25 - £40.

The relegated premier teams do a good deal if they’re on tv. I think ticket prices have slowly crept up and Derby have followed suit. It stings me buying for children too which can double the cost and when your oldest son goes to University and comes back for nearly every home game it really does become crippling financially.

May be my circumstances have changed dramatically this last year and I am feeling the pinch.

Just now, bcnram said:

I am all for Sky, their presentation is excellent and they throw huge numbers of £££ at the sport. They are entitled to change the odd fixture. If they were not there ticket prices would probably be higher.

Not so sure about that. Without Sky's money clubs wouldn't have fallen into the trap of wasting most of that cash by paying average players tens of thousands a week and even worse, lining the pockets of those players' leech-like agents. It was never going to happen due to PL clubs' (and those aspiring to join them) drive to get to or remain in the promised land but with sensible financial management, ticket prices could have been kept at much more acceptable levels than is currently the case. 

Alas, that horse has long since bolted.

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

I am not going to Sheffield Boxing Day because it is expensive and on tv. I won’t be going to Leeds or Preston either. It is more about cost than tv but I can still watch the game thanks to sky. If clubs want to price fans out then they are going to take the cheaper option. 

From a long distance travelling point of view it becomes sometimes as a softening the blow option. As the cost has already been committed when flights and hotels have been booked in advance before Sky then re arrange the dates or kick off times or both. 

So it becomes a bigger gamble every season instead of a likely fixture of the past, when the only risk was the weather.

Through experience I tend to pick the lesser games, in the past games like Preston, Huddersfield away, games I don't think will be on Sky. But even Preston away has been picked for Sky recently and in the past.

My friend from Jersey still came to Derby this weekend, paid his money for Saturday and Sunday in Derby because the cost had already been paid and went home and watched the game on Sky on Monday night as he'd made the commitment in advance and was not prepared to make additional changes and costs because of Sky. I did the same many years ago, when a home game to Arsenal was moved to a Monday night.

When 1 or 2 visits from a long distance travelling fan, especially those overseas can cost the same or more than a season ticket, and when you are forced to start thinking about going to the likes of Rotherham games thinking surely they won't pick that game for Sky, is when Sky have taken the options away and become the owner and dictator of football at the cost of us all.

13 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

From a long distance travelling point of view it becomes sometimes as a softening the blow option. As the cost has already been committed when flights and hotels have been booked in advance before Sky then re arrange the dates or kick off times or both. 

So it becomes a bigger gamble every season instead of a likely fixture of the past, when the only risk was the weather.

Through experience I tend to pick the lesser games, in the past games like Preston, Huddersfield away, games I don't think will be on Sky. But even Preston away has been picked for Sky recently and in the past.

My friend from Jersey still came to Derby this weekend, paid his money for Saturday and Sunday in Derby because the cost had already been paid and went home and watched the game on Sky on Monday night as he'd made the commitment in advance and was not prepared to make additional changes and costs because of Sky. I did the same many years ago, when a home game to Arsenal was moved to a Monday night.

When 1 or 2 visits from a long distance travelling fan, especially those overseas can cost the same or more than a season ticket, and when you are forced to start thinking about going to the likes of Rotherham games thinking surely they won't pick that game for Sky, is when Sky have taken the options away and become the owner and dictator of football at the cost of us all.

Good post IR, I feel for the long distance fan, but it’s making it more difficult for home based fans as well. We’ve used up holidays for games and will still miss six or seven good away games because of SKY moving them. No trains back from Leeds or Preston means another two missed, beginning to feel like it’s not worth bothering at all. 

I think Sky/BT picking matches they want to show with only a few weeks notice is wrong as is changing the crowd noise, but I don’t understand a lot of the animosity towards them.

Do people think that if Sky ceased to exist that every match would just go back to being 3pm Saturday? I think that is very naive.

There is a demand for Championship football so whoever has the TV/streaming rights will still probably want to show matches at different times. Part of the problem is the rule that Saturday 3pm kickoffs are not allowed to be shown in the UK so Sky have no choice but to show games at different times.

I do disagree with the TV deal the EFL has done though. It shouldn’t be exclusive. Times are changing and the demands are different as technology has improved. There should be a streaming option for the fixtures not picked by Sky for the midweek matches for the League Cup as well as the League and I think the blackout rule should be scrapped.

I may be in the minority here but if people want to watch their team I don’t think that you should be forced to go to matches, especially with the way ticket prices keep going up. Not everyone can afford to go to matches or live near etc (and in my case some away grounds have terrible Disabled facilities so it would be nice to know that I could watch a particular match another way).

7 minutes ago, Will the Ram said:

I think Sky/BT picking matches they want to show with only a few weeks notice is wrong as is changing the crowd noise, but I don’t understand a lot of the animosity towards them.

Do people think that if Sky ceased to exist that every match would just go back to being 3pm Saturday? I think that is very naive.

There is a demand for Championship football so whoever has the TV/streaming rights will still probably want to show matches at different times. Part of the problem is the rule that Saturday 3pm kickoffs are not allowed to be shown in the UK so Sky have no choice but to show games at different times.

I do disagree with the TV deal the EFL has done though. It shouldn’t be exclusive. Times are changing and the demands are different as technology has improved. There should be a streaming option for the fixtures not picked by Sky for the midweek matches for the League Cup as well as the League and I think the blackout rule should be scrapped.

I may be in the minority here but if people want to watch their team I don’t think that you should be forced to go to matches, especially with the way ticket prices keep going up. Not everyone can afford to go to matches or live near etc (and in my case some away grounds have terrible Disabled facilities so it would be nice to know that I could watch a particular match another way).

Every match should be available to watch live if you are happy to pay for it., as long as every match kicked off at 3pm on a Saturday for those of us who prefer to go to the stadium.

3 hours ago, bcnram said:

I am all for Sky, their presentation is excellent and they throw huge numbers of £££ at the sport. They are entitled to change the odd fixture. If they were not there ticket prices would probably be higher.

They throw huge amounts of money into the prem. I would be happier if clubs had the option to veto sky on at least 2 home games a season and put the fans first.

Until everyone cancels their subscription nothing will change. And while we have people who prefer to sit at home watching the game than going that won’t happen. Unfortunately we’ve created a generation who love it, from Super Sunday (Ffs!!!) to transfer deadline day (something else glorified by Sky).

As ive said on previous posts on other threads, these folk have killed it for me, it won’t change and will only get worse. No more can I expect the majority of games on a Saturday at 3pm, as it’s obviously much better to play on a Monday night, Friday night, Sunday 12:30 or Saturday 17:30. So you arm chair fans can have it(yes I blame everything single one of you) and after 36years a season ticket holder this will be my last one. 

Sky TV is ducking poo !!!!! 

7 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Also for a long distance fan Sky gives you an opportunity to watch games you normally wouldn’t be able to.

The main % of Derby supporters who go to the games must live within car travelling distance that although inconvenient the rearranged dates and times are doable. The club isn’t going to want to sacrifice huge sums of money to try to satisfy every eventuality. Unfortunately it is the minority that suffers with the rearranged dates.

5 hours ago, ossieram said:

As far as I know, sky don't have any say over our ticket prices.

The only reason I mentioned the price of tickets is because it was £40 for an adult ticket in the West Stand. Surely this in hand with the game on sky must put some people off yet we still got more fans through than against Swansea on a Saturday afternoon at 3 pm @ £30 a ticket.

4 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Also for a long distance fan Sky gives you an opportunity to watch games you normally wouldn’t be able to.

The main % of Derby supporters who go to the games must live within car travelling distance that although inconvenient the rearranged dates and times are doable. The club isn’t going to want to sacrifice huge sums of money to try to satisfy every eventuality. Unfortunately it is the minority that suffers with the rearranged dates.

Depends what your match day expierence is. For mine, a lot of my friends and people I know it starts about 3hrs before kick off. Meeting up for a few beers, something to eat, trotting off the ground. You then watch the game, meet up after for a drink and a chat. I’m sure there is many more like me who enjoy this camaraderie. The moves games and kick of times are killing this, thus and moreover distroying the atmosphere at the game imo. 

Depends what you want I guess and each to their own, but for me Sky has killed the social event that is match day and thats for the majority not the minority.  

10 hours ago, curb said:

Of course cancelling your subscription would change things, I’m only one vote so it doesn’t matter, of course it matters. 

Im not telling you what to do, but you must see how that statement looks. 

Yes, that’s what I posted above, a massive proportion of those singing it would have a subscription, it makes me laugh. 

Why does that make you laugh? You appear to be implying that Sky customers shouldn't complain, and therefore leaving the Sky TV complaints department to deal exclusively with people who aren't Sky customers?

I take the point that voting with your feet is the best way to get your message across, but thinking a service you use is poo, especially one that has a bit of a monopoly over services, is perfectly normal. I'm just off to file a complaint against a restaurant I've never been to.

Archived