Anti sky sports chants heard in Derby v Forest game

Sexydadbod

After sections of the Derby County and Nottingham Forest fan base showed solidarity in coming together to sing sky tv it’s ducking poo(you know the real words), sky sports admit to editing the crowd noise.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/the72.co.uk/121005/sky-sports-admit-editing-crowd-noise-derby-county-nottingham-forest-match/amp/  

Sky Sports apparently have history in doing this and in actual fact, do it quite regularly, especially in Leeds games . In my opinion instead of them trying to brush it under the carpet and pretend it doesn’t exist, maybe they should ask the fans why they think it’s poo and use it as an opportunity to improve their service? 

On a side note, viewers don’t need other fans to tell them whether sky is poor or not. If I’m watching Arsenal and Spurs and hear Arsenal fans chanting “we are by the greatest team”, I don’t suddenly think actually you know what, Arsenal are the greatest team in the world, mind blown. I think viewers will have their minds made up as to whether they like the sky product or not by this point. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, McLovin said:

After sections of the Derby County and Nottingham Forest fan base showed solidarity in coming together to sing sky tv it’s ducking poo(you know the real words), sky sports admit to editing the crowd noise.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/the72.co.uk/121005/sky-sports-admit-editing-crowd-noise-derby-county-nottingham-forest-match/amp/  

Sky Sports apparently have history in doing this and in actual fact, do it quite regularly, especially in Leeds games . In my opinion instead of them trying to brush it under the carpet and pretend it doesn’t exist, maybe they should ask the fans why they think it’s poo and use it as an opportunity to improve their service? 

On a side note, viewers don’t need other fans to tell them whether sky is poor or not. If I’m watching Arsenal and Spurs and hear Arsenal fans chanting “we are by the greatest team”, I don’t suddenly think actually you know what, Arsenal are the greatest team in the world, mind blown. I think viewers will have their minds made up as to whether they like the sky product or not by this point. 

That's part of the problem, Sky don't want you to have your own opinion. 

They want you to think that the people they employ are much better and much more knowledgeable than you.

They think if they tell you something often enough you will think it's true.

They want you to think that Burnley 0 Crystal Palace 0 is Super Sunday. 

They want you to think that 'passage of play' is a genuine football term.

They want you to think that Wayne Mardle telling you its a 'great dart' when someone hits treble 20 shows how knowledgeable he is.

I could quite easily go the rest of my life without the volume turned on when I'm watching Sky Sports.

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I could quite easily go the rest of my life without the volume turned on when I'm watching Sky Sports.

Lol, that literally made me spit coffee all over my keyboard. 

That'll show ‘em, eh?

Interestingly... and I quote...

However many noted that shortly after the chant started, the crowd noise increased in an unnatural way which dampened out the sound of the chant.

Upon a request from Derby Telegraph, Sky Sports have now admitted that they did dampen the crowd noise when they started chanting this statement. But they went on to say that they did not dampen the chant because of the anti-Sky Sports message but because of the offensive language used within the chants. They said that they also dampened other chants using offensive language later on in the match.

Offensive language on TV is regulated by Ofcom and they say that broadcasters must do all they can to keep offensive language off television. While this is difficult for live broadcasts like football, crowd dampening is something that can be used to avoid complaints from the public.

So may I propose that in future, when their cameras are present, all fans spend the whole 90 mins not specifically disparaging Sky, but constantly cursing and swearing in general!  Then maybe the regular viewers will start to find it poo, too, with all that "unnatural sound"!   :-)  

30 minutes ago, curb said:

Lol, that literally made me spit coffee all over my keyboard. 

That'll show ‘em, eh?

Not meant to show them anything. 

I'm stupid but not stupid enough to think that me cancelling my subscription would change anything. 

I imagine a very high percentage of the people singing about Sky were back home watching it within about 3 hours of singing the song. 

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm stupid but not stupid enough to think that me cancelling my subscription would change anything. 

I imagine a very high percentage of the people singing about Sky were back home watching it within about 3 hours of singing the song. 

I sang it at my sky+ box when I was watching the highlights so I reject the accusation of hypocrisy.

12 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I bet if either team was collecting £100m + at the end of the season they wouldn’t be singing about how bad things are.

It's the fans singing it, not the team. I don't care how much the club receive when true supporters are made to miss a game so that fans of other clubs can watch it.

7 minutes ago, ossieram said:

It's the fans singing it, not the team. I don't care how much the club receive when true supporters are made to miss a game so that fans of other clubs can watch it.

Is that because ticket prices are so high or because the kick off times are not 3 pm Saturday afternoon?

30 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Of course cancelling your subscription would change things, I’m only one vote so it doesn’t matter, of course it matters. 

Im not telling you what to do, but you must see how that statement looks. 

Yes, that’s what I posted above, a massive proportion of those singing it would have a subscription, it makes me laugh. 

11 minutes ago, froggg said:

As a plastic fan I love all the Sky coverage, but equally appreciate the annoyance to ST holders.

I am lucky because I live within travelling distance to the ground and my job doesn’t affect me getting to most matches. I have had to have the odd afternoon off for a couple of midweek away fixtures. I doubt many people now who have a season ticket buy it believing that all or most matches will be on a Saturday afternoon at 3 pm. The Forest match wouldn’t with or without sky. 

I think the price of the tickets is more concerning and this is pricing people out of going.

8 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I am lucky because I live within travelling distance to the ground and my job doesn’t affect me getting to most matches. I have had to have the odd afternoon off for a couple of midweek away fixtures. I doubt many people now who have a season ticket buy it believing that all or most matches will be on a Saturday afternoon at 3 pm. The Forest match wouldn’t with or without sky. 

I think the price of the tickets is more concerning and this is pricing people out of going.

Last night were the highest prices this season and the highest attendance. 

Is there really any correlation between prices and attendances?

Our attendances have been pretty consistent for about 10 years, the first season of the red button and attendances noticeably drop.

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Our attendances have been pretty consistent for about 10 years, the first season of the red button and attendances noticeably drop.

I am not going to Sheffield Boxing Day because it is expensive and on tv. I won’t be going to Leeds or Preston either. It is more about cost than tv but I can still watch the game thanks to sky. If clubs want to price fans out then they are going to take the cheaper option. 

3 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I am not going to Sheffield Boxing Day because it is expensive and on tv. I won’t be going to Leeds or Preston either. It is more about cost than tv but I can still watch the game thanks to sky. If clubs want to price fans out then they are going to take the cheaper option. 

But you are saying that with the benefit on knowing they are on Sky.

Let's work off an average of 4 matches per month, teams are going to have to charge about £8 per ticket to be cheaper than Sky. They are never going to be that cheap so why not maximise revenue from the fans they know will go no matter what?

Show me any correlation between attendances and prices and I may change my stance. 

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

But you are saying that with the benefit on knowing they are on Sky.

Let's work off an average of 4 matches per month, teams are going to have to charge about £8 per ticket to be cheaper than Sky. They are never going to be that cheap so why not maximise revenue from the fans they know will go no matter what?

Show me any correlation between attendances and prices and I may change my stance. 

The bit about maximising revenue from fans that will go no matter what is my point because that is now putting me off.

42 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Sadly this is business and the way things are going, Mel has foreseen this which is why he is trying to get a better deal for the club, because attendances will drop when live streaming is available.

Archived