Craig Bryson

Barney1991

I think we missed Lawrence today more than anything.

Jozefzoon is quick and athletic but doesn’t offer anything else. He doesn’t have the guile or technique to open up a defence.

Waghorn looks like he has been shoehorned into the team when he plays out wide. He is not really a winger or even a wide forward and doesn’t really offer an outlet to his full back, because he’s always drifting into central areas.

Play him as a striker or not at all, for me.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Andicis said:

We didn't miss him today. Wilson offers the same energy, but with actual ability on the ball. Should I remind you, Bryson played against Forest and the outcome was the same? 

Well certainly in the 2nd half they were flying through our centre midfield at will, we did miss him and I am sure he is being saved for the Sheffield United game 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Well certainly in the 2nd half they were flying through our centre midfield at will, we did miss him and I am sure he is being saved for the Sheffield United game 

Would having Bryson in there have made us less open?

I doubt it.

When Wilson and Mount play in central areas, they are getting high up the pitch, exactly what Bryson enjoys doing.

If we add in another deep lying midfielder like Evans, we might become more defensively solid, but at what cost?

48 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Don't see how we missed him today. Nothing happened today where I thought "Bryson would have sorted that" 

Thought we played better today tbh

He’d have stretched the game and ran into the space out wide 

Peak Bryson would have anyway, I’m not sure about current Bryson 

Didn’t misss him Saturday, hurt our control having him play today. Frank looks to be playing favourites with him over Waghorn which really disappoints me. Bryson offers absolutely duck all anymore, barely even tries to make a tackle, has the touch of a donkey, never actually passes anywhere but the way he’s facing and is incredibly weak. Might seem harsh, but he really isn’t suited to playing high tempo football. Lampard needs to grow some balls and drop him permanently, play Wilson for now and get someone in In January. Has to be an absolute priority, we’ve got no grip or creativity in midfield at the minute. It’s all too slow and we lose possession all the time.

It makes me laugh reading through this. When he plays he offers nothing when he doesn’t play we miss him. 

My opinion for what it’s worth is he isn’t doing the things he was good at a few years ago. I don’t think he adds much to the team and when he doesn’t play I don’t really miss him.

You can't really play Mount and Bryson in the team at the same time. They both have a tendency to go missing at the same time, Mount is clearly the better of the two, but Bryson's inability to pass other anyway other than the way he's facing, and his lack of ability to make a tackle means he's been really poor recently. Bryson's position is one we should address in the January transfer window.

Has never been quick but recently looks  really sluggish, even over the first couple of yards when he receives the ball. You can’t have both him and Huddlestone in there as they are both too slow. Try Sibley in there if he’s as good as people make out, add a bit of energy into it?! 

Archived