Craig Bryson

Barney1991

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

So Waghorn MUST have a dedicated position, yet Wilson doesn't?

Why must any player have a single 'position' in which to play? None of the players I listed (which you've chose to ignore) do

Mate I’m out this debate. 

Lampard is doing well .

He chose Waghorn not to be in the 18 against Forest for a reason 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Mate I’m out this debate. 

Lampard is doing well .

He chose Waghorn not to be in the 18 against Forest for a reason 

5 out of the 7 subs are self explanatory based on who they'll be covering for. Roos (GK), Pearce (CB), Wisdom (FB), Evans (DM), Holmes (CM).

Leaving 2 subs to cover the two wide positions and the central striker. Jozefzoon covers both wings better than Waghorn and offers us more pace on the break. Waghorn's strength wasn't needed against Forest's full backs. Nugent presses as good as anyone in this league, much better than Waghorn.

Frank obviously felt these two players would give him better options for the Forest game. There will be times when Waghorn is on the bench instead of either of those two players. There will also be times when Waghorn is starting instead.

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

Mate I don’t agree with you. 

Waghorn is not worth a place in the team at the moment 

Well if you'd read my original post you'd have noted that my argument is based on ACTUAL RESULTS AND PERFORMANCES of the team with Waghorn playing on the wing and Wilson pairing up with Mount in midfield as opposed to some weird assessment of the player's value based on a dozen games played. I appreciate my logic doesn't resonate with you but I can't help that really! 

He’s getting on a bit but still has the energy. As others have said he needs a run of games to get sharp, if he plays saturday I bet he has a much better game than the lacklustre yellow hampered game he did on Monday.

Legs don’t just go. I’ll bet his flat out full speed is the same as the 13/14 season, but what happens is the instant acceleration starts to drop off. The explosive first stride or two is what goes first - I suspect that is some of what we are seeing 

he can still do a job and his off ball running in some games is exceptional. Valuable man and great Derby hero but not necessarily first name on the team sheet. 

On 18/12/2018 at 12:35, therams69 said:

Genuinely surprised at some comments I have seen. I think many don't see some of the off ball play he does.

Wasn't his best game last night but then again tell me who did play well.

To get the best out of him he needs to be going box to box. Sometimes when things aren't going our way the game doesn't pan out like it should do for him. He is the midfield presser and if we are forced back defending it really becomes a hard position to keep.

If you actually look at what he has offered this season and the errors he caused through his pressure play you will find that many goals have been scored due to this.

If we had lost a few on the bounce i could perhaps understand a thread like this but do we really need to change anything at the minute? For me. No.

I don’t think we should rest on our laurels. We have 7 points from the last 9, which if repeated every 3 games will get us promoted. But we haven’t played very well in those games. I couldn’t care less how we play if we win but we need to improve when we play better opponents or we won’t win. At the moment Bryson dropped and Wilson moved centrally, with Waghorn wide is in my opinion our most attacking and creative team. He will get plenty of opportunities during the rest of the season as form, fitness and suspension affect the squad. But for now I would leave him out

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

Well if you'd read my original post you'd have noted that my argument is based on ACTUAL RESULTS AND PERFORMANCES of the team with Waghorn playing on the wing and Wilson pairing up with Mount in midfield as opposed to some weird assessment of the player's value based on a dozen games played. I appreciate my logic doesn't resonate with you but I can't help that really! 

I really do wonder if there is a Waghorn “issue” 

Even as someone who doesn’t really like gossip and rumours. He looked good in his few outings and Lawrence’s form has been patchy. I get that he might not be selected but was surprised that he wasn’t on the bench equally maybe Frank and Jodie have a plan. He waited for Jack to right before throwing him in so maybe that’s all there is to it. Doubtless all will be revealed at some point. 

And as to Bryson, regardless of his form, age or abilities .. who would you instinctively want in a Derby Forest game ? Bryson has Derby writ through him, he knows what these games need .. but for the rather harsh yellow and a declined penalty we might have seen a very different Craig Bryson on Monday

6 minutes ago, jono said:

I really do wonder if there is a Waghorn “issue” 

Even as someone who doesn’t really like gossip and rumours. He looked good in his few outings and Lawrence’s form has been patchy. I get that he might not be selected but was surprised that he wasn’t on the bench equally maybe Frank and Jodie have a plan. He waited for Jack to right before throwing him in so maybe that’s all there is to it. Doubtless all will be revealed at some point. 

And as to Bryson, regardless of his form, age or abilities .. who would you instinctively want in a Derby Forest game ? Bryson has Derby writ through him, he knows what these games need .. but for the rather harsh yellow and a declined penalty we might have seen a very different Craig Bryson on Monday

Yeah, been thinking the same. As for Bryso, he kind of picks himself for Forest games, so you can see why he started. Easy to be wise after the event. He didn't really click for me but then only Bogle, Stud and Scott did the way I saw it, at least. Heyho! At least we didn't lose.

17 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

So, anyone who thinks we don’t miss him after today probably will never understand what he brings to the team

We didn't miss him today. Wilson offers the same energy, but with actual ability on the ball. Should I remind you, Bryson played against Forest and the outcome was the same? 

19 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

So, anyone who thinks we don’t miss him after today probably will never understand what he brings to the team

We didn’t miss Bryson at all today. Wilson was far better, and overall our performance was better today than Monday. Still not good enough, but better control at least.

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

We didn't miss him today. Wilson offers the same energy, but with actual ability on the ball. Should I remind you, Bryson played against Forest and the outcome was the same? 

and can i point out Bristol are not as hood as our Neighbours.

Archived