V Bristol City (h) match day thread

RiddingsRam

I'm hanging in there 4 th match day thread now , fingers crossed it keeps going for a little while longer yet. 

After an okay East Midlands Derby , with loads of build up and no real deliverance we move on to Bristol city at home who sit 14 th in the table and have an up and down season . It will also see the return of Andreas Weimann for the first time since he left in the summer ( you just know he's going to score now) 

Time to mix the pack a tad for me. 

Firstly Waghorn ? Why is he not getting in ? Did he forget to get Frank and Christine a gift for baby Patricia ? 

Next change would be in midfield give Bryson a rest and maybe Mount too bring Holmes and Wilson on there ! 

Carson 

Bogle.        Keogh.            Tomori      Malone

Huddlestone 

Wilson.                   Holmes

Waghorn          Marriott.             Josefzoon 

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carson

Bogle         Keogh             Tomori          Malone

Huddlestone

Wilson                            Mount

Waghorn                 Marriott                  Jozefzoon

I would go slightly off script and play two up top, especially at home, so change of formation for me to 3-5-2!

Carson

Keogh   Huddlestone   Tomori 

Bogle    Wilson   Bryson   Mount   Malone

Nugent or Waghorn

Marriott

Don't think Frank will change but thought we looked better last night when Nugent came on to help Marriott.

Or you could just play 4-1-3-2 at home and go for it?!

I would like to see:

……………………………………..Carson...…………………………………..

Bogle,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Keogh…………………..Tomori…………..Malone

………………………………….Huddlestone...……………………………

………………….Wilson...………………………Mount...………………

Waghorn...………………….Marriott...…………………Lawrence

On a side note I just noticed from the league table that based on goals we have the 4th best defence but only the 10th best attack.

51 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

No! Lawrence needs a rest from the heat. 

I thought he was having a good game last night until he was injured. We looked far less threatening when he went off. Mount was ineffective out wide and Holmes little better when he replaced him. Don’t mind Jozef having a start if Lawrence isn’t 100 % but I’m yet to be convinced he’s better than Lawrence. He’s not good at tracking back to help the full backs either 

51 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I would like to see:

……………………………………..Carson...…………………………………..

Bogle,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Keogh…………………..Tomori…………..Malone

………………………………….Huddlestone...……………………………

………………….Wilson...………………………Mount...………………

Waghorn...………………….Marriott...…………………Lawrence

On a side note I just noticed from the league table that based on goals we have the 4th best defence but only the 10th best attack.

That sort of puts doubts on the general perception that we are a good attacking side  that are shaky at the back. We haven't scored enough from wide areas  apart from Wilson who has played a lot as a cm, time for Lawrence to be dropped as he has had his chances now Imo. We also don't score enough from indirect set pieces , we definitely need to up our goal count  a bit if we want to try and compete with Norwich and Leeds.

2 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I thought he was having a good game last night until he was injured. We looked far less threatening when he went off. Mount was ineffective out wide and Holmes little better when he replaced him. Don’t mind Jozef having a start if Lawrence isn’t 100 % but I’m yet to be convinced he’s better than Lawrence. He’s not good at tracking back to help the full backs either 

Jozefoon and Waghorn haven't been given a fair chance yet, they were great last season for their respective teams but if you don't get a run in the side it is very hard to play at a high level. Waghorn should start instead of him, Waghorn was in the team when we were at our best vs West Brom and he also played well vs Boro.

5 minutes ago, Topram said:

Waghorn back in Wilson back into the middle .... hope Weimamn gets a decent reception! 

Is he still playing for them? I miss the Bristol City fans coming on here to tell us how amazing he is, I assumed he left...

On 18/12/2018 at 10:24, RiddingsRam said:

I'm hanging in there 4 th match day thread now , fingers crossed it keeps going for a little while longer yet. 

After an okay East Midlands Derby , with loads of build up and no real deliverance we move on to Bristol city at home who sit 14 th in the table and have an up and down season . It will also see the return of Andreas Weimann for the first time since he left in the summer ( you just know he's going to score now) 

Firstly Waghorn ? Why is he not getting in ? Did he forget to get Frank and Christine a gift for baby Patricia ? 

Next change would be in midfield give Bryson a rest and maybe Mount too bring Holmes and Wilson on there ! 

Carson 

Huddlestone 

But, but, but, we can't suggest Waghorn plays because he cost a load of dough and hasn't scored 10 goals in 10 games!

Gotta be getting the win here, no excuses. Play our game properly and we should be able to beat these lot, they’ve been in shaky form. Gotta go at them mind and improve our quality in attack. Seems like Lawrence is out so I’d go with

Carson

Bogle Keogh Tomori Malone

Huddlestone

Mount Wilson

Holmes Marriott Waghorn

On 18/12/2018 at 10:24, RiddingsRam said:

Carson 

Huddlestone 

Apparently Waghorn was missing because he was babysitting little Lamps 

think he might play in this one and hopefully we will win 

10 minutes ago, Redcar said:

Just took a peek on their forum.... someone reckons they’ve sold around 700.... that the norm for them?? Long way I know but seems crap.

I live south of Bath and unfortunately it takes me 40 minutes to get to the M5 side of Bristol.

I can still get to Derby in 2 1/2 hours. With this in mind it would be less than a 2 hour journey to PP for most.

I don't think that is a long way at all to be fair. 

Just rubbish support

I have 2 and half hours drive as well.  What i would say with our recent run of form is that we are picking up points without playing that well, that is a good habit to have.  I’m sure our form will pick and we will fly. Christmas is a difficult period for us, but we overcome the last difficult run outstandingly 

come on you Rams.

ps give Weiman a good clap he always tried hard for us.

I live in Thornbury. 20 minutes in car to get to Bristol Parkway, 2 hours train to Derby. I usually leave home at 11.15 and am back by 7.45. As it happens , I’ll be at my daughter’s in Loughborough by Saturday, so somewhat shorter journey!

Also means I won’t have to travel all the way home with BC supporters - especially if we should happen to lose! Travelling back after the Villa game was somewhat uncomfortable to Birmingham!

Archived