Mourinho leaves Utd

froggg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with Pogba - not exclusively him, mind - is that he was signed with a second thought to what PR it would generate.

Should never be a consideration in football.

Also, the state of the game is that players aren't signing for teams that suit them on the pitch - again, not exclusive to Pogba/Manchester United. Whether that be down to the players themselves, or the agents, it's not about 'does Mourinho/Manchester United fit with how I want to play', it's more about 'Manchester United are offering me £xx,000 more a week than anyone else'

And where is Ed Woodward’s accountability in all of this? The man is synonymous with failure. 

How many managers is that now? 

Look at the success Fergie had with a footballing man at the helm in David Gil, Woodward is just a corporate churning machine, Utds problems are much deeper than the manager.

id be slinging Woodward out first

Just now, Derbados said:

And where is Ed Woodward’s accountability in all of this? The man is synonymous with failure. 

How many managers is that now? 

Look at the success Fergie had with a footballing man at the helm in David Gil, Woodward is just a corporate churning machine, Utds problems are much deeper than the manager.

id be slinging Woodward out first

Synonymous with failure - on the pitch. Successful commercially, and that's what matters to one of the biggest clubs in the world.

They desperately need a DoF or similar, leave EW to the off-field stuff.

Writing was on the wall when he told anybody who'd listen that the squad wasn't good enough, despite him spunkin £300m on new signings.  No wonder they didn't perform.  Watch Pogba, Sanchez & Lukaku turning up in games again now he's gone.  Yes it's disrespectful to the fans and the shirt they pull on, but's happened forever, and is only amplified the more you pay for a player and their considerable egos.  Having said all that, I'm glad he's gone, cus his shtick had gotten really boring...

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

How many millions will United have to pay him to end his contact? Not a bad reward for being a failure.

To be fair (and I’m in no way defending Mourinho, I think he’s got very boring), he did win a europa league, and a league cup I believe. That’s not dreadful for 3 years work. It’s nsybe not as much as united have done to expect, and not played in a style that United are known for, but they are trophies he will point to as proof that he didn’t exactly fail. 

2 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

£24m according to one report I read.  Sounds crazy high though. 

Actually, maybe he is just brilliant at getting himself the sack every 3 years.

Large wage for two years, then destroy the playing ethic and get a big compensation pay off. Move onto another big club who think he is good and get another big contract.

Let's not forget Man Utd keep offering average players such as Chris Smalling big shiny new contracts. I know Jose was completely hopeless this season and had clearly lost his way, he's not to blame for all this mess. The glory days of Sir Alex are long gone.

12 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Let's not forget Man Utd keep offering average players such as Chris Smalling big shiny new contracts. I know Jose was completely hopeless this season and had clearly lost his way, he's not to blame for all this mess. The glory days of Sir Alex are long gone.

Am I alone in enjoying that?

Man utd becoming the next leeds and villa would highly amuse me.

Not a fan of Mourinho’s football but feel that he has been harshly treated especially if we compare him to the media darling Klopp.

Mourinho at Man Utd - 3 trophies

Klopp at Liverpool- 0 trophies

Mourinho at Man Utd win 58%

Klopp at Liverpool win 51%

Mourinho is criticised for spending money whilst Klopp is said to be working on a tight budget(even though he smashed the world record transfer fee for a defender and goalkeeper within half a year)

Klopp was given the praise of a king after beating Napoli, yet Mourinho beat the BEST team in Italy(Juventus) in Italy.

Will anyone point this out in the media? Absolutely not because they love Liverpool which is why me and @MuespachRam dislike the Liverpool love in so much.

Archived